Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 17:10 It is currently 21 May 2024, 17:10
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
 1   2   3  ...  39   
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [21]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
avatar
MBA Blogger
Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 26 Nov 2011
Posts: 72
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Thanks for starting this thread Souvik! All of us who are applying to ISB this year, lets share this journey together. I'm sure we'll all benefit from each others knowledge and experience, and who knows we might be sitting in the same class next to each other very soon! I have just started my essays (glad that ISB doesn't have the video essay this year) and will apply in R1.
Retired Moderator
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1015
Own Kudos [?]: 4061 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hey guys,
ISB essays are out for this year...! but what about LOR topics..?

Any information?
Retired Moderator
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1015
Own Kudos [?]: 4061 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
debayan222 wrote:
Hey guys,
ISB essays are out for this year...! but what about LOR topics..?

Any information?

Folks,
any update on this..?

@Souvik- I would appreciate your feedback as I'm not able to find the same on ISB website!
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [3]
Given Kudos: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
3
Kudos
debayan222 wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hey guys,
ISB essays are out for this year...! but what about LOR topics..?

Any information?

Folks,
any update on this..?

@Souvik- I would appreciate your feedback as I'm not able to find the same on ISB website!



Hey Debayan

The questions are -

1. Under what circumstances and for how long have you known the applicant? (50 words maximum)

2. Please rate the applicant's achievements when compared to those of his or her peers and mention the reference group with which you are making these comparisons. (100 words maximum)

3. Please describe, in brief, situations where the applicant displayed signs of leadership abilities and team skills. (200 words maximum)

4. Please mention two consistent strengths of the applicant and if possible provide instances where she/he demonstrated these strengths. (200 words maximum)

5. Please indicate two areas where the applicant has shown learning and improvement which would add value to his application to the ISB. (100 words maximum)

6. Please provide any other comments that you consider are relevant to the applicant's admission to the ISB, especially regarding the applicant's career in business/management. (200 words maximum)

However, if you still wish to find them on the website then follow these steps-
First, create an application account, then on the main page where you see the links to all the information that you need to fill up click on evaluations, you'll see the heading Evaluation form Instructions, now click on the link next to the offline instructions which says "please click to open a soft copy of the format", you'll find the questions there.
Retired Moderator
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1015
Own Kudos [?]: 4061 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
vs007 wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hey guys,
ISB essays are out for this year...! but what about LOR topics..?

Any information?

Folks,
any update on this..?

@Souvik- I would appreciate your feedback as I'm not able to find the same on ISB website!



Hey Debayan

The questions are -

1. Under what circumstances and for how long have you known the applicant? (50 words maximum)

2. Please rate the applicant's achievements when compared to those of his or her peers and mention the reference group with which you are making these comparisons. (100 words maximum)

3. Please describe, in brief, situations where the applicant displayed signs of leadership abilities and team skills. (200 words maximum)

4. Please mention two consistent strengths of the applicant and if possible provide instances where she/he demonstrated these strengths. (200 words maximum)

5. Please indicate two areas where the applicant has shown learning and improvement which would add value to his application to the ISB. (100 words maximum)

6. Please provide any other comments that you consider are relevant to the applicant's admission to the ISB, especially regarding the applicant's career in business/management. (200 words maximum)

However, if you still wish to find them on the website then follow these steps-
First, create an application account, then on the main page where you see the links to all the information that you need to fill up click on evaluations, you'll see the heading Evaluation form Instructions, now click on the link next to the offline instructions which says "please click to open a soft copy of the format", you'll find the questions there.



Thanks vs007... I hope your last name is not 'Bond'... :wink:
User avatar
Director
Director
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Status:Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Posts: 730
Own Kudos [?]: 1873 [2]
Given Kudos: 70
Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
2
Kudos
Hi
The questions in LOr is the same, only the essay questions are changed. They have removed the video essay this time.Another thing introduced this time is the early entry option ie a deferred admission for candidates with fewer than 2 years of work ex.

Consider kudos if my post helps!!

Archit
User avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 118
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Hi,

ISB has released its deadlines for PGP 2014 intake. The application deadlines are: Cycle-1: Sept-15, 2013 and Cycle-2: Nov 30, 2013. For more information on ISB essays, click https://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Hyderabad-Essay-Tips-Deadlines.htm. You may try your chances in b-school(s) as well by clicking https://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for school selection and discussion in length.

Regards
Erina


dylanc wrote:
Any idea when the application goes live?

SanketMali wrote:
Hi everyone,
ISB has removed the requirement of Video Essay from its applications. ISB application season has started with than note. Gear up!
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
The application has gone live ... still no discussion on this forum?

Lets have some discussions about th essays which might help all of us in the application process.
User avatar
Director
Director
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Status:Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Posts: 730
Own Kudos [?]: 1873 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Hi Ankur
How are you trying to portray yourself in this year's application, as you were dinged lat time. Were you interviewed last time. How important is GMAT for ISB.

Archit
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [3]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
3
Kudos
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Ankur
How are you trying to portray yourself in this year's application, as you were dinged lat time. Were you interviewed last time. How important is GMAT for ISB.

Archit


Hey Archit,

I am still working on how to do it :)
I am plannig to showcase an improvement in every aspect of my application that includes the GMAT also, hence retaking it.
Got promoted at my work place, so another thing to add in the application
Lets see how it goes :)

GMAT plays a big role i would say if you are from a pool of applicants which is very large, lets say like IT.

In that case you need to have a 7xx score to get an interview call

however if you are not from a common pool of applicants, a low GMAT score clubbed with good essays can sail you through.

Yes i was interviewed and was dinged after the interview.
Consider kudos if i helped :)
User avatar
Director
Director
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Status:Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Posts: 730
Own Kudos [?]: 1873 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Hi
I have a low gmat score, but i from merchant navy background. What do you think 630 will be enough, i know its really low for ISB.
Lets see.

Archit
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
2
Kudos
Archit143 wrote:
Hi
I have a low gmat score, but i from merchant navy background. What do you think 630 will be enough, i know its really low for ISB.
Lets see.

Archit


As i said before, the pool matters a lot and i believe that the pool you are coming from does not apply a lot to ISB, so i think 630 should do the trick :)
Ab to kudos de do :D :P
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
2
Kudos
Hi all,
Is there no one who is applying to ISB this year? :P

Below are the essay topics, lets start a healthy discussion here which can help all of us in becoming future classmates :)

ISB Essay 1: Attitude, skills and knowledge differentiate people. Elaborate with two examples on how you would differentiate yourself. (300 words max)

ISB Essay 2: How does the ISB PGP tie-in with your career goals? (300 words max)

ISB Essay 3: Pick the most significant achievement (professional or personal) you have had and elaborate on the key learning you took away from it. (300 words max)

ISB Essay 4 (Optional): Please provide additional information, that will significantly affect the consideration of your application to the ISB. (300 words max)

ISB Reapplicant essay : How has your profile changed from the time you last applied to the ISB? (300 words max)

(I believe this one would contain lot of weight-age for applicants like me who have been dinged and especially dinged after the interview, as now they know who we are :( )
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
2
Kudos
Ok now ... lets start something constructive on this thread and meet each other at ISB

Here is the link for ISB info sessions, please try to attend one if you are in the city where the session is being held.
It is very beneficial and a must for people targeting ISB, you get many of your doubts resolved there
Please register for the session as per the schedule.

https://www.isb.edu/events/admission-eve ... er_page=20
User avatar
Director
Director
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Status:Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Posts: 730
Own Kudos [?]: 1873 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
I am attending at kolkata...23rd june
Moreover Application is ready to submit !!!!hahhah
nd a long wait starts

Archit
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [3]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
3
Kudos
Ok people ... once again calling all the ISB applicants ...
lets have a head count and share our profiles and see where we stand and how much we need to put in more

Starting with mine:

GMAT: 700 (QA 50,VA 34,AWA 5) (Retaking next moth :) )
GPA: Pretty average
WE: 3.8 years - IT Services- Oracle, Infosys

Extracurricular: Good

Young Professional Ambassador of Teach for India.
Make a Difference volunteer teacher.
Badminton district level player.
Cricket awards at Oracle
Painting awards at Oracle

Professional Achievements:
Accolades for my documentation and work.
Helped in preparing a ppt for a client and won the client for Oracle
Rated among the best in my team at Oracle :)
Early promotion at work place (Got promoted in just 1.5 years instead of the mandatory 2 years :) )
Active member of the CSR group at Oracle and play key role in organizing various events.

Applied to ISB last year, but was dinged after the interview.
If someone can add anything new to the template, please feel glad to do it!! :)
Retired Moderator
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Archit143 wrote:
I am attending at kolkata...23rd june
Moreover Application is ready to submit !!!!hahhah
nd a long wait starts

Archit


Already with the application :O
Thats impressive, probably you can get it reviewed from some experts here or from some of the ISB seniors you get hold of :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
 1   2   3  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts