It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 16:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 1294 [0], given: 819

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2015, 00:15
RUCHISMITA1 wrote:

Hi Ankur

I just read your comment where you mention that there are people who are pursuing MBA for the second time in ISB, having their first degree from a 1/2 tier b-school previously. Is having a previous degree in any way a negative point or does it make your case weaker ?

I have an MBA degree in marketing and am planning to get into ISB, class 16-17. Planning to major in Finance this time.

Any pointers? The difference would be 2 years between the 2 degrees.

Hey,

I would suggest you to post this on the latest year's thread i.e. class of 2016 that is frequented by the current applicants.
This is the thread for last year.

To answer your question, I do not think having a previous degree makes your case weaker as long as you can justify your reason and you have worked sufficiently to understand that the present degree will not give you all what you want.
ISB class has many people who go for a second MBA.

All the best!

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 546

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-18-2015
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 00:07
Hello!!!
After coming acorss your several and though meaningful posts, I read this interview prep post. I know this is written in ISB thread but still want a help if its not offending you further... kindly write these interview prep things as if applicable to every school.
Thanks

ankurgupta03 wrote:
The thread has dried out after the R1 admits :(
With the interviews starting for the R2, let me put some do's and the dont's for the interviews.
If you have any further queries. You can PM me... especially for the dont's :)

You should keep the following points while the ISB interview.

1. Be very thorough with your essays. Most of the questions are from them.
2. Be fully prepared about the work you do. What is the business aspect/impact.
3. Listen to them carefully before jumping in to answer the question.
4. Don't try to bluff to much. they will catch you :)
5. They are human beings :P treat it as an interaction and not an interview. You will sail through :)
6. Prepare a question which you want to ask them and prepare a meaning full one.
7. If you say that you have been rated excellent or very good, then be ready to tell the percentage of people who are below you.
8. Do not be afraid if you do not know the meaning of the one word essay. You can very well google it.
9. If they ask you to talk about something, always talk about something which will bring something to the table and ISB and not some random things.
10. Be very clear about your short term goal and why you cannot reach there without and MBA or ISB.

Will try to put in some more points. Till then, the R1 admits or the R2 applicants can put in their views and revive this thread.

Gung ho!!! :)
Ankur

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 546

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Operations, General Management

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 04:51
Has anybody, who applied in Cycle 2, received an admission offer yet? They say on or before the 15th Feb so I am assuming some candidates do receive offers before.

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 04:59
dib wrote:
Has anybody, who applied in Cycle 2, received an admission offer yet? They say on or before the 15th Feb so I am assuming some candidates do receive offers before.

The offers are released only on the 14th of Feb and this is the thread for the last year :)
You should post in ISB Class of 2016 thread

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Operations, General Management

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 05:01
ankurgupta03 wrote:
dib wrote:

The offers are released only on the 14th of Feb and this is the thread for the last year :)
You should post in ISB Class of 2016 thread

:lol: I'm lost mate. The wait is killing!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2015, 02:19
Hi Guys.. Congratulations to all the admits of R2. Hope we all have a great time ahead in the upcoming year. I would like to take the opportunity to thank my admission consultants GyanOne who helped out a lot with identifying my core strengths They really helped me to highlight my profile very well. Look forward to seeing some of the guys from this forum on campus too.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2015, 02:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   [ 766 posts ]