Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Dec 2014, 18:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 88
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2014, 09:02
mukakucing wrote:
prodizy wrote:
shimarstar wrote:
Any other Round 2 candidate receive a 'Financial Planning' email from Johnson today? Also does this have any significant correlation to prospective interview invites? I don't think so, but still what does everyone else think?

Regards


I too got the mail. I just thought they send this mail once they review our applications(interview invite or not). It would be great though if this correlates to an interview invite :)

Thanks,
Proidzy


R2 applicant here. My profile got "Under Review" status on Thursday - I didnt get such email. No interview invites either.


Same here. Though I am Not sure of when my status changed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 10
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 17:46
Is anybody going to the Predictions Dinner in Washington DC?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 02:24
On the brink of a mass waitlist barrage, methinks.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 88
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 03:03
Waitlisting many candidates will not make a lot of senses untill and unless Cornell did not get time to evaluate the applications itself properly or there is some other specific reason. There could also be a possibility where in they have accepted many students in round 1 itself.
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 30

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 03:18
TheStrategist wrote:
On the brink of a mass waitlist barrage, methinks.


It seems they just started reviewing Indian applicants. I expect some calls in the next few days.

Thanks,
Prodizy
2 KUDOS received
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 521
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 201 [2] , given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 05:35
2
This post received
KUDOS
qw1981 wrote:
Waitlisting many candidates will not make a lot of senses untill and unless Cornell did not get time to evaluate the applications itself properly or there is some other specific reason. There could also be a possibility where in they have accepted many students in round 1 itself.


It looks like there are ~ 75 of us in the facebook group, about 1/4 of the class. I'm guessing there could be a few students without Facebook who have not joined, but still, it doesn't appear that they have accepted way more than the normal allotment in round 1.

Good luck everyone - its not over until its over.
_________________

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 30

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 06:29
hamm0 wrote:
qw1981 wrote:
Waitlisting many candidates will not make a lot of senses untill and unless Cornell did not get time to evaluate the applications itself properly or there is some other specific reason. There could also be a possibility where in they have accepted many students in round 1 itself.


It looks like there are ~ 75 of us in the facebook group, about 1/4 of the class. I'm guessing there could be a few students without Facebook who have not joined, but still, it doesn't appear that they have accepted way more than the normal allotment in round 1.

Good luck everyone - its not over until its over.


Cornell offers admission to around 550-600 people, and eventually half of them will join. It does seem to me that R1 numbers are less. So there's hope for R2ers :)

Thanks,
Prodizy
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 12:35
prodizy wrote:
hamm0 wrote:
qw1981 wrote:
Waitlisting many candidates will not make a lot of senses untill and unless Cornell did not get time to evaluate the applications itself properly or there is some other specific reason. There could also be a possibility where in they have accepted many students in round 1 itself.


It looks like there are ~ 75 of us in the facebook group, about 1/4 of the class. I'm guessing there could be a few students without Facebook who have not joined, but still, it doesn't appear that they have accepted way more than the normal allotment in round 1.

Good luck everyone - its not over until its over.


Cornell offers admission to around 550-600 people, and eventually half of them will join. It does seem to me that R1 numbers are less. So there's hope for R2ers :)

Thanks,
Prodizy


I guess it's a matriculating group.
Still, no way to believe they've run out spots in R1.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Posts: 64
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 06:55
R1ers-- pls let us know when Johnson informs us about the ding....

Really lost hope -- just two weeks away from decision date :(
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 79
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 56

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 06:56
1
This post received
KUDOS
pharmaguy wrote:
R1ers-- pls let us know when Johnson informs us about the ding....

Really lost hope -- just two weeks away from decision date :(


You will find out on decision day - there were instances of applicants receiving interview invites up until decision day as well so don't lose hope!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Posts: 64
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 11:14
Tochenzo wrote:
pharmaguy wrote:
R1ers-- pls let us know when Johnson informs us about the ding....

Really lost hope -- just two weeks away from decision date :(


You will find out on decision day - there were instances of applicants receiving interview invites up until decision day as well so don't lose hope!


Thanks! :shock: :-D
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 13:05
pharmaguy wrote:
Tochenzo wrote:
pharmaguy wrote:
R1ers-- pls let us know when Johnson informs us about the ding....

Really lost hope -- just two weeks away from decision date :(


You will find out on decision day - there were instances of applicants receiving interview invites up until decision day as well so don't lose hope!


Thanks! :shock: :-D


Wow i am not the only one checking status every day.. figuring out the next "step" from Cornell.As far the financial planning email goes, i suppose they send it out as such. I doubt there is any correlation between interview email and financial planning email. But till 02/05 hope is alive :) :) :)
All the best to all the anxious ones ;)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 13:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
I just received an email inviting me to schedule an interview. I am an Nigerian living in the UK. I dont know if it helps but maybe they are beginning to send out invites to candidates living in Europe.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 16:47
It appears more and more applicants are receiving their interview invitations these days. Crossing fingers.
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 521
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 17:35
Good luck everyone! I'm excited for you guys and gals.
_________________

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 18:27
Should I be concerned that I'm planning to interview only 5 or 6 days (including the weekend obviously) before the decision date? Is that enough time for the adcom to render a fair decision?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 147
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Other
Schools: Smith '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: 1330 Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 22

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 22:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
illi wrote:
Should I be concerned that I'm planning to interview only 5 or 6 days (including the weekend obviously) before the decision date? Is that enough time for the adcom to render a fair decision?


There are a ton folks who haven't received their interview invites yet! So you are in a much safer haven I believe! Good luck with your interview!

Cheers
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Schools: HBS '14, CBS '14, LBS '16
GMAT Date: 11-09-2011
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 00:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
Received an invitation(International applicant).
Good luck for those who are waiting.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 37
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q49 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 15:35
What is the on-campus interview process like?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 51 [1] , given: 21

Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 19:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
HopefulApplicant22 wrote:
What is the on-campus interview process like?


It isn't dissimilar from on-campus interview processes at other business schools. You will likely (or should if you haven't considered) take a tour of the Johnson school building followed by a chance to ask questions to your tour guides, sit in on a class (you will be taken there by an Admissions Ambassador), and then interview with either a Johnson admissions representative, a 2nd year trained to interview prospectives, or a combination of the both. I was interviewed by 2 people at the same time - one was a 2nd year in training. I found it to be quite conversational.

I encourage you to ask any of the students when you're there questions about Johnson. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to tell you how things are around here! Plus, when you ask them in person they can't dodge your questions as easily as one can from PMs or e-mails :twisted:
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2014, 19:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2017: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! Narenn 1 22 Dec 2014, 02:01
181 Experts publish their posts in the topic Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants aceacharya 567 18 Jun 2014, 12:04
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling waitlisted applicants-Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2016 suhas1234 157 11 Dec 2013, 09:51
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.