Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.01
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
tosh612 wrote:
Anybody here can provide me the email address of Katie Dunn??

Please PM me too, thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
livia2014 wrote:
tosh612 wrote:

Please PM me too, thanks a lot!

i need the same too. please message

Regards
Jinson
Retired Moderator
Send PM
tosh612 wrote:

@tosh @livia @jinijinson

Check your inbox. I PMed her email address to you. At KF, the email addresses of adcoms has a pattern: firstname_lastname@kenan-flagler.unc.edu

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
tosh612 wrote:

@tosh @livia @jinijinson

Check your inbox. I PMed her email address to you. At KF, the email addresses of adcoms has a pattern: firstname_lastname@kenan-flagler.unc.edu

Thanks,
Prodizy

Got it! Thank u so much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does anyone know how long the class visit usually lasts? I'm interviewing next week and was just wondering.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Did anyone else just receive the cool welcome video player/tablet thing in the mail? It doesn't really say anything new, but it was the first one of these I have seen and it seems like a cool idea.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
Send PM
Just had my Skype interview with Sherry Wallace, the admissions director. Usual questions. Lasted for half an hour. She did mention that applications are at a 5 year high though.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
vjcfc wrote:
Just had my Skype interview with Sherry Wallace, the admissions director. Usual questions. Lasted for half an hour. She did mention that applications are at a 5 year high though.

Wow! Just curious to know why she mentioned that?

Thanks,
Prodizy
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
Send PM
It was a prelude to the 'most important question committee considers ' (her words) - why me when they are comparing different applications.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
vjcfc wrote:
It was a prelude to the 'most important question committee considers ' (her words) - why me when they are comparing different applications.

OK. Thanks :)

All the best!

Thanks,
Prodizy
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Do we get the final decision on 15th march on the notification date or they sent final decisions or rolling basis??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kenan- Flagler Admissions Blog: Student Perspective: The Weatherspoon Lecture with Jeb Bush

Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida, speaks at the annual UNC Kenan-Flagler Weatherspoon Lecture.

Written by David Bookhout (MBA’14)

UNC Kenan-Flagler welcomed former Florida governor Jeb Bush as the featured speaker at the annual Weatherspoon Lecture on Jan. 27.

The evening began with a small group session for the Dean’s Fellows at which we were able to ask Gov. Bush about his views on topics like leadership and foreign affairs. In our discussion, he stressed the need to lead by example and to outwork the competition. His opinions on the contrasting leadership styles and economic policies of Latin American countries were especially interesting because policies toward this region have a profound impact on South Florida, where I lived prior to enrolling at UNC Kenan-Flagler and where Gov. Bush resides today. As we discussed how the more economically open countries of the Pacific Alliance are leaping ahead of their more closed neighbors, Bush spoke of the need to increase trade with this important region of the world.

Former Governor Bush meets with Deans Fellows before the Weatherspoon Lecture (the author is seated 3rd from Mr. Bush’s right).

During his Weatherspoon speech, “America’s Promise in Uncertain Times,” Bush covered four topics: immigration, education, energy security and economic freedom. As a former accountant, I found his discussion of economic freedom to be particularly thought-provoking. Bush spoke about how the increasing amount of regulation in our country is stifling innovation, especially among smaller businesses. The cost of compliance has become too onerous for smaller firms, he says, limiting their ability to grow through innovation.

After the speech, Gov. Bush attended a reception at The Kenan Institute where we had a chance to chat one-on-one. A highlight of the evening was conversing about the starkly different political climates in Venezuela and Columbia – countries where we both had lived – in Spanish.

View the Weatherspoon Lecture featuring Gov. Bush and read more about the talk.

The author, David Bookhout (MBA ’14)

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Does anyone know who will be the in-charge admission officer to receive the updated email from waitinglist candidates. I interviewed with alumna so I have no idea whom I should send the updated email to. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
vjcfc wrote:

Wow! Just curious to know why she mentioned that?

Thanks,
Prodizy

Sherry told me exactly the same that they have exactly 29% of applications growth this year. The reason she mentions that is that this fact positively affects the future class of 2016, i.e. UNC would have a better and larger pool of applicants to choose from that would result in a higher quality class. However for us this means a much stronger competition.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
elvan029 wrote:
Does anyone know who will be the in-charge admission officer to receive the updated email from waitinglist candidates. I interviewed with alumna so I have no idea whom I should send the updated email to. Thanks in advance.

Hey better ask the Adcom directly. I sent my update letter to Julie Gaudet. She didnt interview me.. but I was asked by the Adcom to contact her regarding this..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Interviewed with Julie Gaudet yesterday - very pleasant 30 minute conversation. Hoping for good news on the 17th!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kenan- Flagler Admissions Blog: Tar Heel tips: Making the most of second year
With less than 100 days until graduation for UNC Kenan-Flagler’s full-time MBA Class of 2014, the weeks are flying by in a haze of presentations, papers and perspiration. Second year students are gearing up for the bright future they have fostered during their time at UNC Kenan-Flagler, while also savoring their last days on campus and in Chapel Hill. With the wisdom of hindsight, second years are able to share advice with first year students – everything from academic and career guidance to tips on how to savor the Carolina experience.

“Remember how helpful second year students were for you last fall as you were navigating academics and your career search. Bring that passion and more to the group of first years coming to Chapel Hill this fall.”– Jack Bierwirth

“Stay involved in [UNC] Kenan-Flagler activities in your second year. Don’t fall off the face of the Business School planet! Connect with the first-year students, professors, and your classmates for the full two years!”– Nora Jabbour

“We talk a whole lot about our core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community, and teamwork. These are observable qualities and are absolutely important, but I would urge incoming students to also consider reflection. Business school is a great opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone, and our Tar Heel community definitely provides the right environment to do so. But in order to know where and what to stretch, you must develop a sense of self-awareness that requires you to stop, reflect, understand and then act.”– Ryan Chung

Of course, no Carolina experience is complete without cheering on the Tar Heels. “Attend sporting events… lots of them. UNC has world-class athletes in all sports! Beat [Duke]!” Jabbour says.

Most importantly, second year students urge first years to take advantage of all that UNC Kenan-Flagler has to offer. “I wish I knew how truly fast these two years go. I thought I was organized most of the time, but I could never be too ahead of the career search or school work,” reflects Bierwirth. “I wish I knew how many opportunities UNC provides. I only now have a full appreciation for all the opportunities that UNC provides across the concentrations.”

Keep track of the remaining days until graduation with this countdown clock!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  45   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts