Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
thefinancelady wrote:
mistablair wrote:
Is it worth it to use the UNC non-US no cosigner loan at 8% to start building a credit history in the USA vs a 5% loan that has fx risks from my home country? I know it's an extra few $k a year but it seems it may be worth it to avoid borrowing in the wrong currency.

I could always use both I suppose to reduce the amount I need to borrow at the higher rate while still building credit history.

Co-signer in USA question: I have family in the USA, but I feel it would terribly rude to get tangled up in finances with family. Am I right in my thinking? The extra few $k in the higher interest rate seems worth it to avoid a potential problem with family.

I had to ask family members to cosign my undergraduate student loan. I was incredibly uncomfortable doing so, but I had confidence in myself that I work 3 jobs if I had to make sure that I could pay my debt. I also made sure to acquire a life and disability insurance that would pay the loan if something happened to me. If you do decide to go with a US loan, you should not that there is absolutely NO WAY to discharge that debt - even if you die, your family members will be held accountable. Hope this helps!

Also, I should say that while I was really upset to have to ask my family for financial assistance, it was no big deal to them and they were actually pleased to have a way to help me that didn't actually cost them any money.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi guys,

I am applying to the final round in UNC and the deadline is in a couple of days. I have been trying to setup an account on the UNC website to start the admission process. https://apply.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/mba/register.asp
But I am unable to create one :| Whenever I enter my details and submit it throws an error - "500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

I have been getting this error for the past few days and the deadline is fast approaching. I have mailed the UNC office as well as called them and left a message. Still nothing's changed. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
cbsrinivas wrote:
Hi guys,

I am applying to the final round in UNC and the deadline is in a couple of days. I have been trying to setup an account on the UNC website to start the admission process. https://apply.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/mba/register.asp
But I am unable to create one :| Whenever I enter my details and submit it throws an error - "500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

I have been getting this error for the past few days and the deadline is fast approaching. I have mailed the UNC office as well as called them and left a message. Still nothing's changed. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Thanks!

Hmm, that's odd. Did you try just completing the required fields? (the rest you can complete them later on)...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
tomasw wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Hmm, that's odd. Did you try just completing the required fields? (the rest you can complete them later on)...

I had the same issue last month and called admission office to resolve it. The IT support told me that I had created an account. It's so weird.....

I suggest that you call admission office directly or try to reset username and password. Maybe you just encountered the same problem as mine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
chloechuang wrote:
tomasw wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

I had the same issue last month and called admission office to resolve it. The IT support told me that I had created an account. It's so weird.....

I suggest that you call admission office directly or try to reset username and password. Maybe you just encountered the same problem as mine.

Sorry, I just saw that you already called them. Did you talk to them directly? You can send me a message and I can share IT support's email with you. Hope it helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kenan- Flagler Admissions Blog: Have you been admitted? A phone call or email may surprise you!
“You can’t see me, but I’m jumping up and down right now!”

Many things set UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School apart – everything from the core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork, to the strong and supportive alumni network – but the surprise weekend phone call or email that makes you want to jump up and down may be all the evidence you need to know that you have found a home at UNC Kenan-Flagler.

The Full-time MBA Admissions staff at UNC Kenan-Flagler is with you every step of the application and admissions process, from the day you click the Contact Me button on the website to your first day in class. In between are many anxious and exciting moments for you – and more than likely, at the top of that list are your interview day and decision day.

This is why we make sure the same person is there with you on both days.

Several days before the official announcement goes out, our Admissions officers are given the names of the newly-admitted applicants who they interviewed, and they are encouraged to contact “their admits” to give them the good news. Reactions range from extended silences to “I’m jumping up and down!” – and everything in between!

Here are some of our favorite responses from the most recent admission rounds:

• “I was sleeping but this was the BEST WAKE UP CALL!!!”
  • “It is the best news for the weekend!”
  • “I am overjoyed. Thank you so much for the terrific news.”
  • “You just made my day! I am honored to be offered a place in the MBA Class of 2016 and am really excited to be a part of the Kenan-Flagler community.”
  • “I am so excited and grateful for the opportunity to be a part of Kenan-Flagler Class of 2016.”
  • “Thank you so much for the great news, especially during the New Year Holiday season.”
  • “Thank you from the bottom of my heart for considering me worthy to be part of your program!”
  • “It’s so nice that you informed of me of this good news! I was astonished to find the email from you since it was Sunday today. I was a little bit worried about that I did not do an excellent job in the interview because I was so nervous that night. Thanks a lot for [your] encouragement during my interview! It was really a nice process. And I appreciated the great help from the Kenan-Flagler alumni. I am so excited now!”
  • “I really appreciated the personal touch. I am very excited and consider it a huge accomplishment to get into UNC.”
  • “It’s still hard for me to think that this is reality. The past two days I kept on waking up thinking it was just a dream, but every time I check the call records it tells me otherwise. I [want] to thank you once again for this valuable opportunity, I can’t wait to start this new chapter in my life.”
  • (In an email) “I have a big smile :)
And one interviewer reported, “I can’t remember what he said exactly but there was a lot of yelling and screaming of excitement. … It’s nice to know that an applicant has that level of enthusiasm to become part of the Kenan-Flagler program!”

Think that excitement is short-lived? On the contrary! Many current UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA students have fond memories of their decision day – some even remember exactly where they were when they received their acceptance:

“I remember Decision Day like it was yesterday. I was ecstatic to be accepted into UNC Kenan-Flagler’s full-time MBA program!” – Renaldo Chapman (MBA ’14)

“I received my MBA acceptance notice on April 30, 2012 while I was in Tete, Mozambique.” – Bern Moorehead (MBA ’14)

“I applied as early action and got my acceptance in mid-December. By February, I was ready to start!” – Imran Aukhil (MBA ’14)

The next decision day for UNC Kenan-Flagler’s Full-time MBA Program is Monday, March 17th. If you applied for deadline 3, make sure you have your phone nearby this weekend!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
hmmm.. going by the above post. phone by my bedside it is !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
Send PM
same here. Let the game begin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [4]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call!!! I'm in! Woooohooooo!!!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
braminc wrote:
Just got the call!!! I'm in! Woooohooooo!!!

Congrats!!!who was your interviewer?? who called u??
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3120 [1]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
In in in... Sounded like a complete idiot on the phone.. But I don't care... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
tosh612 wrote:
Congrats!!!who was your interviewer?? who called u??

Thanks! Lisa Beisser was my interviewer, and she called me just now. She said they're making calls all weekend. Good luck everyone!

MacFauz - I think I did too. Oh well. Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Darden - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Just received the call too! I sounded like a true idiot and didn't know what to say!
My interviewer told me "they have a really good package for me", don't know what to expect now!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tgt wrote:
Just received the call too! I sounded like a true idiot and didn't know what to say!
My interviewer told me "they have a really good package for me", don't know what to expect now!

Congrats! I didn't think they awarding any more fellowships, so extra congrats for that, too! Who was your interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
congrats to all admits, lets hope rest of us get a call soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Try changing your password. It should not have special characters like "@". It worked for me.

Cheers!

chloechuang wrote:
chloechuang wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!
[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Analyst (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
I´m in too! Uhuuu!
My interviewer, Bruno (Brazil), was the one who called me!
I asked him about scholarship and he said that I´ll be on the e-mail admit´re going to receive monday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  45   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts