Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 16:16 It is currently 05 May 2024, 16:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.78
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Do we get three attemps as well in video essays due on Nov 4? Please share those who have done resubmitting your video essays. Thanks!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
rish2jain wrote:
chakni wrote:
haven't heard any thing since 15th, the day I submitted. Anyone from India got an interview invite ?

I'm from India. No news yet. :(

Ditto
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
nextstopmba wrote:
Hi Guys,

Anyone here from Singapore who submitted their application in R1. I wanted to check on the off-campus interview status for those from Singapore. Did you submit the application by Sept 18 as per the recommended off campus interview request deadline or submitted later? Has your interview been waived, if not how long did it take for you to be matched with the interviewer after submitting your application? I am confused as to what date I should target to submit my application for R2, as on the website the recommended deadline is Dec 3 for off campus interview. Any inputs from applicants in Singapore will be helpful.

Hi nextstopmba, I'm Singapore. I submitted on the 15 Oct (very near to R1 deadline), and Kellogg sent me interviewer contact on 25Oct. I don't think it's a big problem if you don't meet Dec 3 off campus interview recommended deadline. Disclaimer: Just my opinion.

All the best to your application.
Poem.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V43
Send PM
nextstopmba wrote:
Hi Guys,

Anyone here from Singapore who submitted their application in R1. I wanted to check on the off-campus interview status for those from Singapore. Did you submit the application by Sept 18 as per the recommended off campus interview request deadline or submitted later? Has your interview been waived, if not how long did it take for you to be matched with the interviewer after submitting your application? I am confused as to what date I should target to submit my application for R2, as on the website the recommended deadline is Dec 3 for off campus interview. Any inputs from applicants in Singapore will be helpful.

Hey,

I am from Singapore as well. Submitted my application on 16th Oct. Got an inivte for interview on 25th Oct and interviewed on 28th. Don't be worried about getting it in by the recommended deadline. Just make sure you submit it before final deadline.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
unstoppablemmntm wrote:
blaircw429 wrote:
Just had my interview this morning and my experience mirrored those described above. I met with an alum at a Starbucks and we chatted for 45 minutes. He had just graduated this past May, and I was his first interviewee so things were pretty casual. We covered the basics of my resume, why MBA, why Kellogg, and then he asked a few question along the lines of "tell me about a time when...". The only question that caught be off guard was "Do you think your GPA and GMAT score are an accurate representation of your abilities?" But overall, he was really nice, the tone was conversational, and I actually enjoyed the experience. Definitely increased my desire to go to Kellogg! Now the 1.5 month waiting game begins...

Hello, thanks for the information.
As an international applicant having similar profile to yours (with 8+ years progressive work experience in aerospace, conglomerates), I have been invited for an interview with one of the Alumnus. Apart from the information you have provided, are there any more information "about questions" being asked that you could provide specificly?
I would be glad to get more information. My interview is coming in 2 weeks time.
* Best of luck! Hope to meet at Kellog at 2014. (:

I can't remember them all but a couple were along the lines of:

- Discuss an experience with leadership and what you learned from it (the interviewer reassured me that it was fine if I hadn't led teams at work yet, as many applicants haven't reached that point in their career)
- Discuss a time you worked on a team where there was disagreement
- Discuss a time where you had to convince others to pursue your idea

My interviewer had the official Kellogg interviewer guide in front of him and was clearly just picking questions semi at random, so I wouldn't expect to necessarily get these exact same questions. I prepared a few anecdotes beforehand that I felt highlighted my strengths and that could be used to answer several different questions. The method served me well, so I'd recommend it rather than trying to prepare for every possible question. Best of luck with your interview!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Any non-resident Indians, who have heard from the adcom about an interview??
ANYONE from the Middle East , who has heard something??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Rahulmba2 wrote:
Any non-resident Indians, who have heard from the adcom about an interview??
ANYONE from the Middle East , who has heard something??

I am an Indian living in Germany and got my interview notification last week. Still waiting for the alumni to respond :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Did any one resubmit the Video Essay?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Rahulmba2 wrote:
Did anyone try answering the video essay????
I'm facing the same problem as before:

1. When I click on START OVER, it gives the error message "403 Forbidden - No more recording attempts are permitted"
2. When I check the acknowledgement button and click READY, it gives the error message "The recording process was initiated more than 180 seconds ago, and this recording attempt has now been closed"

Have written to the Adcom.

Hi there,

Did you receive a response here? Had the same error.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [3]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
Oh geez. I think Kellogg really needs to scrap the video essay. Clearly, the technical issues haven't been resolved.

I say that even though I think I did well on my video essay. It's not fair to everyone when it's working for some people and not working for others.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
KelloggHopeful1234 wrote:
Rahulmba2 wrote:

1. When I click on START OVER, it gives the error message "403 Forbidden - No more recording attempts are permitted"
2. When I check the acknowledgement button and click READY, it gives the error message "The recording process was initiated more than 180 seconds ago, and this recording attempt has now been closed"

Hi there,

I faced the exact same issues. Just heard back from the Adcom that they are re-waiving it and it will not have any negative impact.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q51 V37
Send PM
xiangxder wrote:
zinihelm wrote:
Had my interview yesterday. It was slightly more formal that I'd hoped.

*fingers crossed now*

Any idea when they usually start releasing decisions? The wait till 18th December, as per their website, sounds arduous.

Hi, Zinihelm, good luck!!
I haven't received any interview invite/ request from Kellogg yet. Do you have any idea about it?? If i am dinged, or should still wait for an interview invite/ waiver??

according to my understanding of Kellogg's procedure, they will make notification to applicants even if they decide to waive their interview, right?? For kellogg, either invite or waiver, always with a notification, rather than a quiet procedure like what i am experiencing, right?? i am wondering whether i am quietly dinged by Kellogg without a notification of interview waiver.

looking forward to your response!! good luck to you!!

Hi xiangxder,
Kellogg sends in the interview waiver notification as well, I had applied last year and received a waiver notification. Post waiver they may conduct a Telephonic/Skype interview (I did not get that either). Without a formal or Telephonic interview it is pretty much a ding. In case you haven't received a notification yet you would definitely get one. Hope you a get an interview invite soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q51 V37
Send PM
tafkas wrote:
Yet another applicant from India (Mumbai), awaiting news. Would anyone happen to know when the India invites were sent out last year in R1?
Thanks!

Hi tafkas,

Last year two of my colleagues received the interview call on 10/31, the application deadline was almost same, however application procedure was slightly different (Part 1 & Part 2). I received a waiver notification on 11/6
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
For those who have interviewed, is there notification of a feedback report submitted etc? Or is it all smooth sailing until decisions? Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I had an off-campus interview and it was a very friendly conversation. I learned a lot about Kellogg throughout the interview, but also felt that my interviewer was getting a good perspective about who I am and my skills.

Now the 1.5 month wait that will drive me absolutely insane.

Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Send PM
essen1976 wrote:
KelloggHopeful1234 wrote:
Rahulmba2 wrote:

Hi there,

I faced the exact same issues. Just heard back from the Adcom that they are re-waiving it and it will not have any negative impact.

Same here. I had to wake up till 3 am to receive an e mail from them. they said they will rewaive my video essay portion, not sure it won't negatively affect my candidacy tho....sigh.
Current Student
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
Oh geez. I think Kellogg really needs to scrap the video essay. Clearly, the technical issues haven't been resolved.

I say that even though I think I did well on my video essay. It's not fair to everyone when it's working for some people and not working for others.

definitely. it's not fair. and i hate feeling nervous about whether it will negatively affect my candidacy or not.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts