Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
I had a my off-campus interview today with an alumni in my city. Ths interview was so friendly and helpful, it was not only a interview but rather a conversation and knowledge exchange. I am very grateful that I had him as my interviewer. In the end he said he will definitely recommend me to Kellogg. Now it is a long time to wait. wish everybody good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
Hi everyone,

I think most of you have seen GmatClub's webinar series threadand are attending these events. It's definitely a great opportunity to ask questions to an expert, learn more about the school and pick their thoughts on how to approach the essays/interviews. If you have any specific questions that you want to ask during the webinar, please don't hesitate to PM me or any of the threadmasters and we can pass these questions on to the experts.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Thank you!

Hey Jumsumtak, do we know when Kellogg's decisions starts trickling out?
VP
VP
Send PM
ganteymula wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
Hi everyone,

I think most of you have seen GmatClub's webinar series threadand are attending these events. It's definitely a great opportunity to ask questions to an expert, learn more about the school and pick their thoughts on how to approach the essays/interviews. If you have any specific questions that you want to ask during the webinar, please don't hesitate to PM me or any of the threadmasters and we can pass these questions on to the experts.

Thank you!

Well, the website says by Dec 18. No one but the admissions team would know how they plan to roll out this year - on that date or start calling a few days earlier. You are open to check the previous year's thread and speculate. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
ganteymula wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Well, the website says by Dec 18. No one but the admissions team would know how they plan to roll out this year - on that date or start calling a few days earlier. You are open to check the previous year's thread and speculate. :)

Unless they change it this year, Kellogg releases decisions on the day of. If you get dinged or wait listed, you wake up to an email notifying you of an updated to your application. If you get in, you get no update notification and you get a phone call at some point throughout the day.
VP
VP
Send PM
Got an off campus interview invite. Indian applicant.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Oxford'17 (M)
Send PM
received off-campus interview invite, Indian Applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
me too.received an off-campus interview invite with alumni
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:

your game is just getting started, good luck with interview!!
I am still waiting...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Asset Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:

When did you guys submit and where in India ? I am in Bangalore and still waiting :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [5]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
slee26 wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
Oh geez. I think Kellogg really needs to scrap the video essay. Clearly, the technical issues haven't been resolved.

I say that even though I think I did well on my video essay. It's not fair to everyone when it's working for some people and not working for others.

definitely. it's not fair. and i hate feeling nervous about whether it will negatively affect my candidacy or not.

If you truly believe adcom would allow technical issues in a new application component to negatively affect your candidacy, why would you want to go to Kellogg in the first place? Do you want to go to school where the staff is unfair and inconsiderate?

Seriously, application season is stressful and everything, I get it, but sometimes I think people write a post just because they have nothing better to do. I find it hard to believe that an intelligent, accomplished professional who wants to attend one of the best business schools in the world, would TRULY believe that this could be an issue.

Go grab a beer, people, and relax! Remember - there are intelligent people at Adcom, too. The process is not run by machines, you know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
Got an off campus interview invite. Indian applicant.

Congrats. Mind letting us know which location in India, please?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
bizwiz84 wrote:
slee26 wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
Oh geez. I think Kellogg really needs to scrap the video essay. Clearly, the technical issues haven't been resolved.

I say that even though I think I did well on my video essay. It's not fair to everyone when it's working for some people and not working for others.

definitely. it's not fair. and i hate feeling nervous about whether it will negatively affect my candidacy or not.

If you truly believe adcom would allow technical issues in a new application component to negatively affect your candidacy, why would you want to go to Kellogg in the first place? Do you want to go to school where the staff is unfair and inconsiderate?

Seriously, application season is stressful and everything, I get it, but sometimes I think people write a post just because they have nothing better to do. I find it hard to believe that an intelligent, accomplished professional who wants to attend one of the best business schools in the world, would TRULY believe that this could be an issue.

Go grab a beer, people, and relax! Remember - there are intelligent people at Adcom, too. The process is not run by machines, you know.

Yes, I believe the AdCom when it says these tech issues will not negatively affect an application, but as others have mentioned, those who were able to successfully complete the video were able to give the AdCom an extra piece of information that those with tech issues could not. That lack of opportunity to give that extra piece of information is the issue.

And, I respectfully think that you're giving Kellogg too much of a pass on this situation. Kellogg instituted major changes to its application, and while yes of course, at the end of the day, we're all human, Kellogg really should have tested its application more thoroughly before releasing it. The video hasn't been the only problem. People have been complaining about fields going blank on the form or other error messages. I experienced these myself up until two days before the deadline, when the Admissions Office finally resolved the problem.

That said, at the end of the day, I don't think the video is going to have any major impact on the AdCom's decisions since there have been so many problems.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
another indian invite. based out of mumbai.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Had my interview today with an alumni in London. It was a pleasant interview with questions mostly based on resume. His office building is opposite mine. It was funny that I could see my desk from where I had my interview.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All

I couldn't submit my video essay in R1 & I got an opportunity to submit it later. Vide & Audio were fine in 1st attempt, I was happy with the content, so I didn't take chance with 2nd & 3rd attempt. I did some practice by recording 3-4 random videos on my own & I was able to figure out issues. Thankfully it all went well while recording the essays though there were few minor issues but I think ad com will understand how different it is to interact with a camera without getting a response from other side.

I opted for off-campus interview and ad com waived my i/v stating that there is no alumni near my area. I later asked them that I can go to a nearby city like Boston/NYC/Hartford for alumni interview or I can plan for an on-campus interview if nothing else materialize. Ad com said, we can't accommodate any i/v preference changes now & if ad com feels the need then it might go for Skype or Phone i/v.

Does my application is at disadvantage because of this? Any idea how does this work?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
chakni wrote:
chdheeraj1 wrote:

When did you guys submit and where in India ? I am in Bangalore and still waiting :(

Hi Chakni. I submitted on 28 Sep. The ad com mentioned that they are still in the process of matching applicants with alums in respective regions. Depending on the time u submitted and your region, you should hear something from adcom soon.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts