Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 19:32 It is currently 06 May 2024, 19:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51483 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GPA: 3.52
WE:Research (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling CUHK Class of 2016 applicants! [#permalink]
Saw quite a few students with GMAT below 600, I will strongly recommend you to consider to re-take and obtain at least 600 and above.
Unless your background is so unique or background profile is that strong.
Higher GMAT might boost your sponsorship chance as well.
I think our average for class 2015 is 654. You like to be the below average, average or above average applicant?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edhorizon wrote:
Saw quite a few students with GMAT below 600, I will strongly recommend you to consider to re-take and obtain at least 600 and above.
I think our average for class 2015 is 654. You like to be the below average, average or above average applicant?

I have a 620 GMAT, but I will take the GRE instead as I felt it was easier. Instead of retaking the GMAT
I have 3 years WE in Private Equity and trading
Triple citizenship USA-Lebanon-Mexico

Tons of Extra curriculars (Fundraising, Tutoring,Sports, Charity field work)

Do you think I need a GMAT retake? I am pretty sure its too late anyways :shock: ..

My interview is in 2 hours :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahhejase wrote:
edhorizon wrote:

I have a 620 GMAT, but I will take the GRE instead as I felt it was easier. Instead of retaking the GMAT

Do you think I need a GMAT retake? I am pretty sure its too late anyways :shock: ..

How much do you think u will improve if you re-take GMAT? anything less then 650, I will suggest you give it a miss.

No comments for GRE as most (if not all) tend to take GMAT. Is hard to compare your profile in this aspect against others which might not be a good thing if the other person taking GRE actually scores very high.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edhorizon wrote:
ahhejase wrote:
edhorizon wrote:

How much do you think u will improve if you re-take GMAT? anything less then 650, I will suggest you give it a miss.

No comments for GRE as most (if not all) tend to take GMAT. Is hard to compare your profile in this aspect against others which might not be a good thing if the other person taking GRE actually scores very high.

I just interviewed with Prof. Ferguson, it went on for 1:30 hour and 30 mins and it seemed mostly positive, no awkward moments, I answered everything and it was even pleasant throughout. I don't really have time to retake GMAT so I guess I will wait and see what decision they have. I already submit everything, I am not sure when they will make a decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahhejase wrote:

I just interviewed with Prof. Ferguson, it went on for 1:30 hour and 30 mins and it seemed mostly positive, no awkward moments, I answered everything and it was even pleasant throughout. I don't really have time to retake GMAT so I guess I will wait and see what decision they have. I already submit everything, I am not sure when they will make a decision.

good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ahhejase wrote:
edhorizon wrote:

I passed interview last week, finger crossed. Your GMAT is very high and bright.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lovemba wrote:
ahhejase wrote:
edhorizon wrote:

I passed interview last week, finger crossed. Your GMAT is very high and bright.

whose your interviewers?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I interviewed with Dr. Michael Ferguson. It lasted and hour and a half. It went pretty well. I still havent heard when they make a decision. Do you have any clue?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Itis a crap MBA in Hong Kong. I read a thread post in china forum talking these MBA post from students. Students told us to be careful on these MBA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yibunny wrote:
Itis a crap MBA in Hong Kong. I read a thread post in china forum talking these MBA post from students. Students told us to be careful on these MBA.

I am considering CUHK MBA. Where is source of it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lovemba wrote:
yibunny wrote:

pm me source of it, please
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lovemba wrote:
lovemba wrote:
yibunny wrote:

pm me source of it, please

Same person sent me some stupid FB link that has student (secret Gossip).. Don't read much into it.. I am not sure the person who mentioned it is even legitimate.. Look at his/her spelling for gods sake
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yibunny - You like to share with me the source so I can look into it?

I will question the motives of why the student wants to send private massage instead.

I am most willingly to share my experience about the program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edhorizon wrote:
yibunny - You like to share with me the source so I can look into it?

I will question the motives of why the student wants to send private massage instead.

I am most willingly to share my experience about the program.

It's not my business, I would not reply any more, I read a thred post in china forum posting these
https://forum.chasedream.com/thread-865890-1-1.html

I am not saying negative in these MBA, I am saying that a thred post I read at china forum. CUHK had official reply on it, it is legitimate. You would trust it or not by yourselves.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
A thred post in china forum

之前申请中文大学是图了个方便,因为中文大学不要求英语成绩,有GMAT就行,而且给了奖学金就来了。但是之后发生的很多事都让大家觉得MBA office完全不作为,并且不为学生考虑。这直接导致我自己到手的工作offer丢了,另一个同学差点丢了中金的实习,有点女生差点学期中间要搬出宿舍自己租房,现在所有同学都因为课没上完但是宿舍不让住了开始租房......

中文大学是个好学校,但是MBA office让我们比较失望,可能他们在学校地位不行,也可能不想帮学生出力。多年没有更新学生的就业报告,这其中的缘由不说大家也有数。

所以大家一定要慎重啊。
Intern
Intern
Send PM
拿offer,scholar容易的,都要多想一想,到底是自己真那么优秀还是学校真招不到人。这种学校到了毕业找工作时,你就傻眼了。
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[Official reply from CUHK MBA Program Office]

Dear reader,

LZ mentioned certain things about his experience as a CUHK MBA full time student. We guess most readers would probably want to gauge all facts and process related to this, our office would be happy to share some facts and history of this incident. Firstly it is a very fortunate case that LZ actually got an offer for a management leadership program in May from a highly reputable organization who is doing global recruiting from top schools, just 10 months after he started his MBA program at CUHK business school in Sep 2012, we think this is positive news and it does demonstrate our support to students. On the other hand, there is unfortunately a visa issue where we are still actively trying to sort out. The Hong Kong authority will not issue work visa as LZ is still technically a full time student staying in Hong Kong under student visa. Anybody will probably notice that pretty much all authorities will not allow somebody holding two different visas and staying in a location under two different identities if he/she remains his/her full-time student status. As far as we know LZ has NOT finished his studies in the MBA therefore we could not suggest the Hong Kong authorities to revoke his student visa and switch to work visa or else LZ will simply not able to finish his study and receive the MBA degree from the University. This is an unfortunately technical situation that we cannot change the law as a University even though we are still trying to communicate with all parties concerned to see if we can find the best solution to our student. Supporting and protecting the interest to our students are always our number one concern.

The MBA program office has nearly 25 people covering different functions such as marketing, admission, program management, career services, student development, exchange programs, etc. We believe we have the most mature and comprehensive team among all schools in Hong Kong and Singapore. This management team is the biggest among ALL postgraduate programs in our University. If the University is NOT paying attention, they will not have devoted so much resource in MBA program management.

The career services team has 7 full time staff, including director and managers dedicated to ONLY supporting MBA students. Once again this is a big commitment from the University and the Business School to support MBA students, and we believe the level of resources we put in is ahead of other schools in both Hong Kong and Singapore. As we have been saying this for many years, especially in mainland China, career management is students’ responsibility, we provide support, facilitation, tools and information, but we cannot spoon feed jobs to students and guarantee outcomes. We mentioned in our information session in Beijing last weekend that 2013 has not been an easy year for job hunting. We are always open and transparent to sharing information with our students, therefore, we do regularly update career report for FT MBA class, and we updated the Career Report for Class of 2012 in Sept last year. We expect to provide the latest career update for Class of 2013 in Sept this year. By now, as an interim update, 82% of our Class of 2013 are employed. LZ is studying an accelerated program so he is not included in this statistics. Again this is not an easy year for internship, and as we have explained numerous times in information sessions, internship opportunities are generally less abundant in Asia comparing to US, especially during an economic slowdown. Having said that, our students managed to join internship from the following organizations in summer 2013:

JP Morgan, Citi group, Goldman Sachs. Adidas, Sun Hung Kai Group, Google, PCCW, Standard Chartered, Cigna etc.

There is always room for improvement and we always welcome students to have direct dialogue with us. The world is not perfect and we also expect students to set a proper expectation about their MBA studies. We will be organizing MBA info session in Shanghai on the coming Saturday with details as follows:

Date: Jul 20, 2013 (Sat)
Time: 2:30pm – 4:00 pm (Registration starts at 2pm)
Venue: The Langham Xintiandi, 99 Madang Rd, Xintiandi, Shanghai, China
Registration: https://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/20130720_SH_Info.html

We would welcome any interested students to come and we will be happy to answer any of your questions. We will visit Beijing and Shanghai again in August, we will be happy to provide personal consultation about MBA studies and career progression Please contact us at mba-admissions@cuhk.edu.hk / +852 3943 7782 to make a booking.

MBA office
CUHK Business School
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts