Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:52 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants! [#permalink]
raghutaticherla wrote:
EMS0225 wrote:
raghutaticherla wrote:
great to see some action finally...
Congrats to both of you on your admission!!

Can you please mention in which address the update is made available?? i mean APPLY YOURSELF/ SMITH profile site...

Once you log into apply now it will have the list of things you have submitted in the middle of the page, and then at the bottom there will be a link to the decision (if available).

Thanks a lot EMS0225...
It was not updated for me...This has made me even curious..now i can't even sleep... :|

Does any one know that all the admitted applicants got their status updated or they still updating them?
Can we post a query regarding this to admissions team?

Anyone receive info on scholarships? Congrats all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
EMS0225 wrote:
SotSh wrote:
kpottem wrote:
Hey folks, my status has been updated online and my file has been sent to the graduate school for official admission. I didn't get the mail yet but found the link for my application status right at the bottom of the page. It was updated today. Good luck everyone!

Congrats for the admit!!

I don't see any such status on my page though. Still waiting for an update!!

Congrats Kpottem. Thanks for pointing out the link, I never would have seen it otherwise. Just got my admit as well!!

You are welcome mate! Congrats on your admit too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Finally.!! Admit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Does any one know that all the admitted applicants got their status updated or they still updating them?
Can we post a query regarding this to admissions team?[/quote]

Anyone receive info on scholarships? Congrats all![/quote]

I haven't received any info on scholarships. I think we have to wait for the formal letter from the overall head of Graduate Programming, but I could be wrong.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
The students from previous batches received the formal admission decision and financial aid info in e-mails. So, we should wait for those e-mails now!

Best
KK

Originally posted by kpottem on 10 Jan 2014, 12:05.
Last edited by kpottem on 10 Jan 2014, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
kpottem wrote:
The students from previous batches received the formal admission decision and financial aid info in an e-mail. So, we should wait for those e-mails now!

Best
KK

The notification of admission from Smith and the financial aid info arrived in separate emails but on the same day for me. The formal admission decision comes from the grad school after submitting all official documentation, I think. That is the case for me, at least, since I was asked to send my official docs to the grad school for final processing.

Edit: to add I'm a PT student, before anyone starts panicking :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrwise wrote:
kpottem wrote:
The students from previous batches received the formal admission decision and financial aid info in an e-mail. So, we should wait for those e-mails now!

Best
KK

The notification of admission from Smith and the financial aid info arrived in separate emails but on the same day for me. The formal admission decision comes from the grad school after submitting all official documentation, I think. That is the case for me, at least, since I was asked to send my official docs to the grad school for final processing.

So, if I've read everything correctly, we need to send official transcripts, etc. We then receive our official decision (with scholarship info) from the Graduate School in something like two weeks?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Guangjujiu wrote:
mrwise wrote:
kpottem wrote:

Best
KK

So, if I've read everything correctly, we need to send official transcripts, etc. We then receive our official decision (with scholarship info) from the Graduate School in something like two weeks?

Hi Guangjujiu, the official transcripts etc are needed for the official decision from the Grad school, correct. You should hear from them within a couple of weeks asking for the docs if they don't have them already. The financial aid info however was sent to me on the same day that I received my decision email from Smith. Not sure whether the process would vary for FT students, or it may simply be that the financial aid emails will be sent out shortly, as it looks like people are just receiving their admit notifications.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So, if I've read everything correctly, we need to send official transcripts, etc. We then receive our official decision (with scholarship info) from the Graduate School in something like two weeks?[/quote]

Hi Guangjujiu, the official transcripts etc are needed for the official decision from the Grad school, correct. You should hear from them within a couple of weeks asking for the docs if they don't have them already. The financial aid info however was sent to me on the same day that I received my decision email from Smith. Not sure whether the process would vary for FT students, or it may simply be that the financial aid emails will be sent out shortly, as it looks like people are just receiving their admit notifications.[/quote]

All the FT applicants got to know about our admits from the application webpage. As mrwise said, we should get the confirmation e-mail and the scholarship info e-mail soon! Last year, the decisions were out as soon as 23rd Dec and the e-mails were sent out starting Jan 10!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kpottem wrote:

Hi Guangjujiu, the official transcripts etc are needed for the official decision from the Grad school, correct. You should hear from them within a couple of weeks asking for the docs if they don't have them already. The financial aid info however was sent to me on the same day that I received my decision email from Smith. Not sure whether the process would vary for FT students, or it may simply be that the financial aid emails will be sent out shortly, as it looks like people are just receiving their admit notifications.[/quote]

All the FT applicants got to know about our admits from the application webpage. As mrwise said, we should get the confirmation e-mail and the scholarship info e-mail soon! Last year, the decisions were out as soon as 23rd Dec and the e-mails were sent out starting Jan 10![/quote]

Very clear! Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guangjujiu wrote:
kpottem wrote:

Hi Guangjujiu, the official transcripts etc are needed for the official decision from the Grad school, correct. You should hear from them within a couple of weeks asking for the docs if they don't have them already. The financial aid info however was sent to me on the same day that I received my decision email from Smith. Not sure whether the process would vary for FT students, or it may simply be that the financial aid emails will be sent out shortly, as it looks like people are just receiving their admit notifications.

All the FT applicants got to know about our admits from the application webpage. As mrwise said, we should get the confirmation e-mail and the scholarship info e-mail soon! Last year, the decisions were out as soon as 23rd Dec and the e-mails were sent out starting Jan 10![/quote]

Very clear! Thank you![/quote]

Just got the email with the financial assistance information.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
That is great, congrats. May I ask what kind of financial aid did Smith offer you?

I haven't received any mail yet!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kpottem wrote:
That is great, congrats. May I ask what kind of financial aid did Smith offer you?

I haven't received any mail yet!

A graduate assistantship covering about 40% of tuition.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hi All,

Have any R2 applicant had their interviews yet or received decisions?

Congrats to all R1s who have been admitted! Can you please post if you had an interview and how soon after you received your decision?

Thanks all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Kelley '16
Send PM
Hey Guys !

Congrats on your admits !
I am a Round-1 applicant and submitted my application on Nov 1st. I haven't heard from them about even an interview so far. Tried calling and emailing, but the only reply I get is that I should wait for the decision deadline(which is about 2 days away) now.

Anyone else in the same boat?
I have almost given up on Smith :( I just wish they could have let us know about the status more promptly !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
prag6 wrote:
Hey Guys !

Congrats on your admits !
I am a Round-1 applicant and submitted my application on Nov 1st. I haven't heard from them about even an interview so far. Tried calling and emailing, but the only reply I get is that I should wait for the decision deadline(which is about 2 days away) now.

Anyone else in the same boat?
I have almost given up on Smith :( I just wish they could have let us know about the status more promptly !

I am on the same boat! :(
I am also giving up as it looks like the admits are out and rejections are on their way :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.14
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether I need to send official GMAT and TOEFL score to smith before the deadline of 15th Jan 2014 or I can send it later. Now I am applying and it will take at-least 10 days to reach the official score to smith. So, If I am submitting my application on 15 Jan and ordering for sending the scores to smith, will my application be considered for this round (deadline 15 Jan) or the later round.
Please give reply soon because based on reply only I will decide whether to go ahead with the application or leave it.
Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts