GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 18:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 146
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Other
Schools: Smith '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2014, 20:41
1
dcMBA2014 wrote:
sayno wrote:
hi everyone,

interviewed with Ms Kecia on 13/3, it was very lovely.
got an admit decision by 15/3.
international, round3.
:)


Congrats "sayno"! I guess you might have to say yes, soon! ;) I've got my admit decision on 15/03 as well. Amazing that the Adcom works on Saturday, too! :D


dcMBA2014 and Sayno

Congrats on your admission!

dcMBA2014: Have you decided on which school to join?

Best,
KK
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2014, 15:46
kpottem wrote:



dcMBA2014 and Sayno

Congrats on your admission!

dcMBA2014: Have you decided on which school to join?

Best,
KK


Hi KK,
Thanks for asking. This is a $200,000 question if not a million. I am serously considering several schools now and cannot find myself settled at the moment. I may write another post to ask for advice and please offer your expertise and golden words when possible.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2014, 09:54
University of Maryland was ranked FIRST in public schools for Tech Entrepreneurship, and the 2nd among all B-schools in the US!!!

How encouraging is that for entrepreneur oriented applicants! :)

Complete news is here: http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/all-s ... eneurship/
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2014, 10:00
Full Rankings for Graduate Programs of Smith B-school

#26 MBA Program (U.S.)
#11 PhD Program (World)
#5 E-business (World)
#9 Economics (World)
#24 Research (World)
#50 Business School (World)
Financial Times, 2014

#17 Executive MBA Program (World)
Businessweek, 2013

#13 Executive MBA Program (U.S.)
#26 EMBA (World)
#4 Faculty
#8 Career Progression
#14 Quality of Students
#19 Program Quality
#19 Personal Development
The Economist, 2013

#22 Part-time MBA Program
#6 Information Systems
#18 Supply Chain
#20 Marketing
#22 Entrepreneurship
U.S.News & World Report, 2014

#24 MBA Program (U.S.)
#9 Public Business School (U.S.)
#2 Student Satisfaction
#2 Teachers
#2 Career Services
#4 Ethics
Businessweek, 2012

#21, Top Business School for Executives and Entrepreneurs (U.S.)
CEOWORLD Magazine, 2011

#22 EMBA Program (World)
#15 Management Skills Rank
#16 Alumni Rank
Wall Street Journal, 2010
Research

#24 in Research (World)
Financial Times (MBA), 2013

#6 in Research (World)
UT Dallas Top 100 Business School Research Rankings, 2013
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Posts: 17
Location: Indonesia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.27
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 04:10
1
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Congrats "sayno"! I guess you might have to say yes, soon! ;) I've got my admit decision on 15/03 as well. Amazing that the Adcom works on Saturday, too! :D

[quote="sayno"]thanks dcMBA2014, congrats to you too!
it took me a while to understand what you meant by telling me to "say yes" lol :)
anyway, i'm gonna have to pass, decided to take Tepper. hope will save a spot to waitlists :)[quote="sayno"]
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 07:03
sayno wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Congrats "sayno"! I guess you might have to say yes, soon! ;) I've got my admit decision on 15/03 as well. Amazing that the Adcom works on Saturday, too! :D

sayno wrote:
thanks dcMBA2014, congrats to you too!
it took me a while to understand what you meant by telling me to "say yes" lol :)
anyway, i'm gonna have to pass, decided to take Tepper. hope will save a spot to waitlists :)
sayno wrote:


Congrats again, Sayno! So you said Yes to Tepper, also a wonderful choice!!! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 14
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2014, 07:56
Just got an admit from Smith. Very excited :-D It does not mention anything about scholarship though. When do they usually let the admitted students know about the schol info?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2014, 09:23
manshim wrote:
Just got an admit from Smith. Very excited :-D It does not mention anything about scholarship though. When do they usually let the admitted students know about the schol info?


I received the scholarship info the same day I received the admit mail albeit a few hours later. That mail went into my spam folder rather than inbox though. (Courtesy: gmail)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2014, 21:12
farazonnet wrote:
manshim wrote:
Just got an admit from Smith. Very excited :-D It does not mention anything about scholarship though. When do they usually let the admitted students know about the schol info?


I received the scholarship info the same day I received the admit mail albeit a few hours later. That mail went into my spam folder rather than inbox though. (Courtesy: gmail)


Samething here, so be sure to check your email and spam mail box. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2014, 05:08
hi guys,

I have been formally admitted now and in the body it was written that "You will shortly receive your official admission correspondence from the Graduate School at the University of Maryland."
So, is this correspondence in the form of email or mail (admission packet)? Also, does ISSS send an email when I-20 is generated/before dispatching?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 146
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Other
Schools: Smith '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2014, 12:16
farazonnet wrote:
hi guys,

I have been formally admitted now and in the body it was written that "You will shortly receive your official admission correspondence from the Graduate School at the University of Maryland."
So, is this correspondence in the form of email or mail (admission packet)? Also, does ISSS send an email when I-20 is generated/before dispatching?


I received the admission packet by mail. The ISSS would generate the I-20 only after you accept the admission and make the deposit to secure your seat.

Best
KK
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2014, 12:34
kpottem wrote:
farazonnet wrote:
hi guys,

I have been formally admitted now and in the body it was written that "You will shortly receive your official admission correspondence from the Graduate School at the University of Maryland."
So, is this correspondence in the form of email or mail (admission packet)? Also, does ISSS send an email when I-20 is generated/before dispatching?


I received the admission packet by mail. The ISSS would generate the I-20 only after you accept the admission and make the deposit to secure your seat.

Best
KK


Thank you KK! That clears the air.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2014, 10:41
Smith in the News:

On March 26, CEOWORLD Magazine ranked The Robert H. Smith School of Business 4th globally among ‘Top 25 Business Schools Based on Academic Excellence & Business Research.’
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2014, 10:42
The coming Friday and Saturday are the Admitted Students Welcome Weekend :D, who will go?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2014, 12:00
1
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Registration :- https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/245061566
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 19:32
Hello,

I am trying to find career placement data for class of 2013 or newer. Is there career results/placement data and recruiting company data somewhere on the school's website? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Location: India
Schools: McCombs '18 (WL)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.28
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2014, 22:08
Hello Everyone,

Any info regarding when we can have an update regarding wait list movement?? Waitlisted .. Fingers Crossed :roll:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2014, 22:16
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to all of those who have got admitted. I have a humble request for all those who have been admitted but have decided not to matriculate. I have been waitlisted for over 3 months now and havent got any reply back on my status. I sincerely request you to send in your rejections if you have decided not to enroll.
I think it would help in the movement of waitlist. This might be the only last hope for some ppl and it would mean a great deal to me.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jun 2012
Posts: 45
Location: United States
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2015, 02:13
How many days did they take to release the decision after the interview?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2015, 02:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   [ 199 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sj24






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne