GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2019, 02:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Other
Schools: Smith '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2014, 06:15
SynthiaChen wrote:
Hi,have anyone got the admission decision for R2 yet? The waiting is really killing me...

Posted from my mobile device

Seems like the decisions have been delayed(though 2/15 is the deadline, the results were usually out a week earlier in R1 and 2015 class case) because of the weather related issues.

Chk the attached webpage to see how the decision update is seen on the app.applyyourself webpage.

Good luck
KK
Attachments

Decision.JPG
Decision.JPG [ 52.68 KiB | Viewed 2863 times ]

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 03:32
Decision available online now : Admitted but conditional on submission of COF docs !! No scholarship info either ..
Anways paid deposit to UNC KF :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 09:54
Yes! R2 decisions are out I guess :)

My app status got updated today: "Your application decision is now available online"
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 14:13
Got the scholarship info : full tution fees worth around 95K !!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 14:22
deepthi89 wrote:

Congratulations deepthi89!

So will you still join UNC or Smith?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 14:26
dcMBA2014 wrote:
deepthi89 wrote:

I will be sticking to UNC I guess... Too much difference in ranking and UNC is really good for consulting. If I go with Smith because its approx 30K cheaper, I might regret it in the future...but if I did not get UNC, I think I would have gone with Smith.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 14:30
deepthi89 wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:
deepthi89 wrote:

I will be sticking to UNC I guess... Too much difference in ranking and UNC is really good for consulting. If I go with Smith because its approx 30K cheaper, I might regret it in the future...but if I did not get UNC, I think I would have gone with Smith.

Decent decision deepthi89! Wish you the most success in UNC and dont forget to tell us more about your experience with the program later here at the Forum.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 14:33
Definitely :)
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2014, 22:54
deepthi89 wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:
deepthi89 wrote:

Sensible choice! Good luck, Deepthi!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2014, 10:33
Hello,

I applied in the 3rd Round. Has anyone heard about interviews yet? I applied to UMD Kellog CMU Pitt and Ross and Stern
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2014, 11:40
Louivilleexpert wrote:
Hello,

I applied in the 3rd Round. Has anyone heard about interviews yet? I applied to UMD Kellog CMU Pitt and Ross and Stern

Hi Louivilleexpert, I also applied in R3 (Jan. 15th) and had my interview beginning of February. Since there are really a lot of students applying to Smith, and the notification deadline for R3 only comes in April, you still have a lot of time to expect an interview invite. :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2014, 14:19
Hi! Is anyone that applied in round 2 still waiting for an answer? Haven't gotten an email and there is no decision link when i log in.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2014, 22:39
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Louivilleexpert wrote:
Hello,

Hi Louivilleexpert, I also applied in R3 (Jan. 15th) and had my interview beginning of February. Since there are really a lot of students applying to Smith, and the notification deadline for R3 only comes in April, you still have a lot of time to expect an interview invite. :)

I also applied R3 and had my interview two weeks ago. Just received the admitted decision on last Saturday(2/22).
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2014, 08:46
CZBeat wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Louivilleexpert wrote:
Hello,

I also applied R3 and had my interview two weeks ago. Just received the admitted decision on last Saturday(2/22).

Hi CZBeat, first of all, Big Congratulations to your admission to Smith!!! Second of all, thank you for giving us all R3 applicants a Big Heartattack!!! :D Can you briefly share with us your profile, e.g., high GMAT, long working experience, so that we can feel a little better that only few exceptionist got such early decision, please? :D

btw, have you also got the financial decision`?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2014, 11:55
CZBeat wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Louivilleexpert wrote:
Hello,

Hi CZBeat, first of all, Big Congratulations to your admission to Smith!!! Second of all, thank you for giving us all R3 applicants a Big Heartattack!!! :D Can you briefly share with us your profile, e.g., high GMAT, long working experience, so that we can feel a little better that only few exceptionist got such early decision, please? :D

btw, have you also got the financial decision`?

No financial decision yet. That was the reason I check on the forum: try to figure out whether ppl receive both decisions at same time.

Sorry, I did not realized my response gave all R3 applicants a Big Heartattack, since I heard another applicant who had the interview at same day as I did received her decision as well. Little thing about me, I am an international applicant but currently work in DC area. I have about 5 years working experience in Financial service and 690 in GMAT. Anyway as you said the notification deadline for R3 is in April, I guess I just lucky to be informed early. Good luck for your admissions process!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2014, 14:11
CZBeat wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Louivilleexpert wrote:
Hello,

Sorry, I did not realized my response gave all R3 applicants a Big Heartattack, since I heard another applicant who had the interview at same day as I did received her decision as well. Little thing about me, I am an international applicant but currently work in DC area. I have about 5 years working experience in Financial service and 690 in GMAT. Anyway as you said the notification deadline for R3 is in April, I guess I just lucky to be informed early. Good luck for your admissions process!

Hi CZBeat, thank you for sharing, then at least we also have a little more hope that the result may really come out earlier than the official deadline. Have you got a phone call first or an email?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 Feb 2014, 12:56
dcMBA2014 wrote:
CZBeat wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:

Hi CZBeat, thank you for sharing, then at least we also have a little more hope that the result may really come out earlier than the official deadline. Have you got a phone call first or an email?

Email with title "XX your application decision is now available", and the only information in email is "We want to inform you that the admissions committee has reviewed your application and a decision is now available.Please log into your application to view your decision. ". no "congratulation" or anything similar word in the email at all. To be honest, I was quiet nervous to log in my online account when I received the email. :-D

Originally posted by CZBeat on 26 Feb 2014, 08:53.
Last edited by CZBeat on 26 Feb 2014, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.55
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 12:32
I got waitlisted after interview on R2. Should I follow up on the school and do something or...?
I'm at a loss here, any advice would be great
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2014, 07:03
shayan18 wrote:
I got waitlisted after interview on R2. Should I follow up on the school and do something or...?
I'm at a loss here, any advice would be great

I think you van definitely reach out to the ad com asking them for feedback on your application. If they respond, it will benefit you otherwise nothing to lose anyway. The ad com at Smith is usually very accommodating anyway. Good luck
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2014, 10:21
Kind of related topic: Anyone have information about College Park at Shady Grove?
Is Shady Grove considered lesser than main campus? sources say the diploma is the same.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2014, 10:21

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 199 posts ] 

Smith (Maryland) Class of 2016 calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sj24