Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:25 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
Bookmarks
I emailed them about when the application will open, but I didn't receive anything yet. Perhaps they are overwhelmed with the September 2014 class interview and decisions. From what I heard, the essay questions and the interview questions most likely won't change.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
they wrote on the website (on application checklist section) "We would like to inform you that the essay questions will change for the January 2015 intake (class of December 2015). The new essay questions will be published in January 2014 within the application form for this class."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
nina921 wrote:
they wrote on the website (on application checklist section) "We would like to inform you that the essay questions will change for the January 2015 intake (class of December 2015). The new essay questions will be published in January 2014 within the application form for this class."

Thanks for pointing this out. Very helpful. My info is outdated as I last checked them in late November when I decided to apply for Jan intake instead of Sep intake. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Hi All,
I took a look at the 2011 and 2012 employment reports from INSEAD and noticed a sharp fall in students going into finance, 111 for 2012 vs. 191 for 2011. Still 111 is pretty good given the global macro, and leaving aside that fewer students responded to the 2012 report (793 vs. 838), as I suspect are not all in finance, the students working in finance in UK and Singapore in 2012 were half of those in the prior year. I know these figures should be taken with a grain of salt. There lots of * in the report such as "where at least 5 salaries where reported" etc.

I played around with the #s in the report, granted there are some inconsistencies, but my guesstimate is that around 100 students had background in finance in 2012 vs. 200 for 2013, I skimmed through the report and I don't think they report this figure directly... I found the data after visiting several pages, 25% had background in finance (14D + 14J classes), so around 256 students. It seems healthier than my dismal figure.

Anyone knows what is going on? INSEAD is accepting fewer people with finance background and or that plan to go to finance and thus is reflected in the 2012 report? Or is it that the # of students with background in finance has held and they are still searching for a job and thus not appear in the stats? Could it also be that Banks, etc. are being more selective with universities, even in the UK?
Any idea when the 2013 employment report might be available?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.51
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi guys. I was admitted with 14D, but deferred to 15D. Good luck with your applications and hopefully see you on campus sometime soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I reached out about the application for January 2015 intake. Apparently it was planned to go live on January 17, but it's pushed back. Not sure when the new date is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bookmarks
that sucks, deadline for round 1 is on march 21st, so less than 2 months to complete the application :/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The application for Jan 2015 intake is live now. Here are the essay questions:

Essay 1
Give a candid description of yourself (who are you as a person), stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your
strengths and weaknesses and the main factors which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when
necessary. (600 words max.)

Essay 2
Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and explain why. In addition, describe a situation where you failed. How
did these experiences impact your relationships with others? Comment on what you learned. (400 words max.)

Essay 3
Tell us about an experience where you were significantly impacted by cultural diversity, in a positive or negative way. (300 words
max.)

Essay 4
Describe all types of extra-professional activities in which you have been or are still involved for a significant amount of time
(clubs, sports, music, arts, politics, etc). How are you enriched by these activities? (300 words max.)

Essay 5 (optional)
Is there anything else that was not covered in your application that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee? (300
words max.)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SocialImpact wrote:

Essay 1
Give a candid description of yourself (who are you as a person), stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your
strengths and weaknesses and the main factors which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when

Essay 2
Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and explain why. In addition, describe a situation where you failed. How
did these experiences impact your relationships with others? Comment on what you learned. (400 words max.)

Essay 3
Tell us about an experience where you were significantly impacted by cultural diversity, in a positive or negative way. (300 words
max.)

Essay 4
Describe all types of extra-professional activities in which you have been or are still involved for a significant amount of time
(clubs, sports, music, arts, politics, etc). How are you enriched by these activities? (300 words max.)

Essay 5 (optional)
Is there anything else that was not covered in your application that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee? (300
words max.)

Time to put some effort on those essays. BTW they increased by 100 words each job essay, and also slightly changed them or re-arranged them. LT and ST career goals now has to be squeezed into the second job essay + describe career... really short space. Might it be that it's getting a lower weight? It seems they have tilted towards the "FIT" (diversity, cultural, international, etc.).

Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and where relevant,
employees under your supervision, size of budget,clients/products and results achieved. What would be your next step in terms of
position if you were to remain in the same company? (350 words max.)

Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. It should be written as if you were talking to
someone at a social gathering detailing your career path with the rationale behind your choices. Discuss your short and long term
career aspirations. (350 words max.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Hey guys, i'm in the middle of filling out my INSEAD Jan 2015 intake application. Had a few questions, was hoping you could help:

1. Please list your most significant examples of international exposure that you have experienced living, studying, working or travelling outside your own country.

- I've travelled extensively over the past 4 years, (more than 18 different countries) - do I list out each of them as a "travel" item?

2. Please list significant extra-curricular activities in which you are/have been involved, starting with your most recent activities (i.e. sports, politics, performing arts, associations, club memberships, hobbies, community activities, etc.)

- I find these a bit difficult to fill up. It mentioned "significant extra-curricular activities" and "hobbies" in the same line - community service was a significant for me and cricket/technology was a hobby - do I put in both? there's an option for travel as well - so if I choose travel, given that i've travelled extensively, do I choose the position to be "advanced" ?

Let me know what you guys think, and good luck to all fellow applicants! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rashujindel1 wrote:
Hey guys, i'm in the middle of filling out my INSEAD Jan 2015 intake application. Had a few questions, was hoping you could help:

1. Please list your most significant examples of international exposure that you have experienced living, studying, working or travelling outside your own country.

- I've travelled extensively over the past 4 years, (more than 18 different countries) - do I list out each of them as a "travel" item?

2. Please list significant extra-curricular activities in which you are/have been involved, starting with your most recent activities (i.e. sports, politics, performing arts, associations, club memberships, hobbies, community activities, etc.)

- I find these a bit difficult to fill up. It mentioned "significant extra-curricular activities" and "hobbies" in the same line - community service was a significant for me and cricket/technology was a hobby - do I put in both? there's an option for travel as well - so if I choose travel, given that i've travelled extensively, do I choose the position to be "advanced" ?

1. Pick six, as that is the maximum. I would choose travelling or holiday, if it was just vacations.

2. Pick five in this case. I'd put both. On travelling's "position/level" I don't have a clue. I didn't know there are positions and levels in travelling... ;) Next time I meet someone while travelling, I'll ask how many positions has he/she advanced...

Originally posted by PlastMan on 25 Jan 2014, 08:39.
Last edited by PlastMan on 28 Jan 2014, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
This is for the information of all R3 as well as European school applicants.

Admissanado experts - Jon and Lauren - conducted Q&A chat in GMATCLUB chat room few days back in which they offered tips and guidance to prospective R3 & European school applicants.
I have updated the first post with the transcript of this chat. Interested members can download this transcript from there.

Good luck to everyone applying and have a nice weekend. :)

Thank You!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
rashujindel1 wrote:

1. Pick six, as that is the maximum. I would choose travelling or holiday, if it was just vacations.

2. Pick five in this case. I'd put both. On travelling's "position/level" I don't have a clue. I didn't know there are positions and levels in travelling... ;) Next time I meet someone while travelling, I'll ask how many position has he/she advanced...

thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
SocialImpact wrote:

Essay 1

Essay 2

Essay 3
max.)

Essay 4

Essay 5 (optional)
words max.)

Time to put some effort on those essays. BTW they increased by 100 words each job essay, and also slightly changed them or re-arranged them. LT and ST career goals now has to be squeezed into the second job essay + describe career... really short space. Might it be that it's getting a lower weight? It seems they have tilted towards the "FIT" (diversity, cultural, international, etc.).

Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and where relevant,
employees under your supervision, size of budget,clients/products and results achieved. What would be your next step in terms of
position if you were to remain in the same company? (350 words max.)

Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. It should be written as if you were talking to
someone at a social gathering detailing your career path with the rationale behind your choices. Discuss your short and long term
career aspirations. (350 words max.)

Woww..that basically leaves very little space to explain career goals and why insead...that's a big change! good luck, guys...I am a recent admit (15J class), would be happy to answer any questions about app process if I can...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
I am doing family business in garments industry. How does Insead support students in exploring entrepreneurship field? Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
Hey guys quick question: do we places our responses to the Job Essays, in the provided boxes of the downloadable Job Description PDF or separately?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GRE 1: Q164 V167
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Kudos
shimarstar wrote:
Hey guys quick question: do we places our responses to the Job Essays, in the provided boxes of the downloadable Job Description PDF or separately?

I believe we save our essays in the PDF forms provided and then upload them
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts