Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [40]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31933 [2]
Given Kudos: 290
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Send PM
Re: How I aced the GMAT (760 Q49 V46) [#permalink]
chetan2u wrote:
HI,

congratulations on your score..

I read your last post and the pains you have gone in to reach this SCORE. I have removed all the posts and content that may have hurt you or even Rich, who has confirmed on your dedication in a PM. So lets move past the last two days and I wish and hope you achieve your next goal..
Cheers! time to celebrate

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Bassam,

That is OUTSTANDING news! A 760/Q49 is a phenomenal performance and it puts you in the position to comfortably apply to any Business Schools that you choose.

1) What Schools/Programs are you planning to apply to?
2) When are you planning to apply?

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks.

1) For now I am set on the following:
Stanford and Harvard for Round 1.
Haas for Round 2.

I plan on speaking to an admissions advisor/consultant in the coming few days and will potentially adjust my plans if they give me information that really alters my thinking.

2) Fall 2017 intake, so September 2016 deadlines for Round 1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
100% agree with how awesome EmpowerGMAT is. Friggin priceless.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Thought I would add to this post by giving more specific tips to accompany the story about my overall GMAT journey. The number one thing to keep in mind is that YOU KNOW YOURSELF BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE DOES. This fact is important to keep in mind because you will read and come across a loooooot of advice (especially if you delve as deep into the debrief thread as I did at a certain point). Some of this advice will suit you a tee, other bits of it you will have to adjust to your specific strengths and weaknesses. For example, advice that you often hear is “Schedule the exam before you begin studying so that you have something to motivate you”. I personally did not stick to this bit of advice as I was very self motivated throughout. I scheduled my exam once I hit 730 in a practice CAT. I wanted to keep the pressure off of my early studying so as to learn in peace. With that being said, take the following tips with a pinch of salt.

General Study

You have to dedicate some time every day. Even if it is just 20 or 30 minutes on certain days. Keep yourself in “GMAT mode”.

• Related to my previous point, I personally believe that to achieve excellence in a certain field (be it finance, tennis, guitar playing) you have to be obsessed to a certain degree. It is EASY to say or even think “I want this”. But do you reaaaaaaally want it? If you do, show it in your daily habits. Make sacrifices.

Do not be afraid to go back to basics. I did this for the Quant section by using the “Foundations for GMAT math” book. This was great. I did not have this issue for Verbal so perhaps consult another debrief for that.

Silence the doubts. Throughout this journey you will have peaks and troughs. There will be times when you go to bed thinking “I will never be able to achieve my dream GMAT score”. You cannot let these feelings fester for long because they will eat you up. Be mentally tough, push these feelings out. Much of your future success in any discipline in life will depend on your ability to silence the doubts and negative voices in your head.

Ignore the AWA and IR. I didn’t spend a single second preparing for the IR section and neither should you. This will hold true for both native and non-native speakers. For the AWA, I prepared a couple of days before by reading Chineseburned’s guide a couple of times through and getting the general gist of it. You can find it on this forum through the search function. If you are non-native, I can totally understand if you want to dedicate a little more time to preparing for the AWA.

Take full practice CATs. This is essential for multiple reasons. It trains your mental stamina, teaches you how to manage your time, and exposes your weaknesses. In the first few CATs I took, my Sentence Correction was a disaster. It was important to note this early on so that I could develop a plan to attack it. Try to take these tests at the same time as you will take your Official GMAT.

Take into account the score discrepancies between the GMAT prep tests and the tests created by other companies. Personally, I bought the additional 4 tests (ended up taking 5 in total) and never used other CATs despite having 6 Manhattan CATs available and 5(?) Kaplan CATs available. My reasoning behind this was simple (at least to me). If I was training for stamina, I could retake the same GMAT Prep tests that I took early on (if you buy the additional 4 this means that you will have 6 minimum) if I felt the need to do more than 6 tests. If I was looking for an accurate reflection of my ability level, why would I take tests that aren’t going to give me that. If you can handle the potential knock in confidence that a 30 or 40 point drop will give you AND you really feel the need to take more than 6 CATs, then feel free to take other tests.

Official material is king. I bought everything I could get my hands on. The OG as well as the Quant and Verbal Supplements, 4 additional GMAT Prep CATs, Question Pack 1 (apparently Question Pack 2 is due to be released later this year), and the Paper Tests. This meant that I very rarely had to stray out of the official material zone. Come test day I felt very familiar with the wording and style of problems that the GMAT would throw at me. Some of the Quant problems might be a bit too easy, particularly for those of you that are math geniuses. When I hit 50Q on a practice CAT (I am far from a math genius) I decided to pay for access to the GMAT Club tests. These were too difficult for me so I largely avoided them because my math confidence is very fragile. Perhaps this is why I didn’t hit Q50 or 51 on test day like many people on this forum do.

Don’t cram. The common consensus on this forum is that the last few days should not be spent cramming. Light review and getting adequate rest will help you more than doing 200 more practice problems will (at this stage).

Quant

Practice till you are blue in the face. Once you have learnt the fundamentals, practice like mad. Learn different ways to do the same problem. Treat the GMAT like a battle for which you need to expand your arsenal. 99% of official questions have been discussed in the Quant forum and people seem to swear by Bunuel’s explanations (too formula oriented for me, I sort of conned the GMAT in a way). Read them, and read what other users have to say. Many Prep companies also provide videos for the official guide questions. GMAT Quantum covers the questions from the official guide, paper tests, question pack and I think the Quant supplement as well.

Learn your times tables! I am not kidding, this was possibly one of the biggest factors in why I was able to finish the Quant section without time issues. You will have to multiply numbers over a 100 times on GMAT day. If you are able to call on the product of 13 and 7 instantly rather than calculating it slowly, you will save 3 or 4 minutes over the course of the Quant section. Anything up to 12x12 should be memorized. Same goes for perfect squares up to 15^2. You should be able to perform such actions flawlessly and instantly.

Be cool. During the first month of my prep, I would see a tough Quant question on a CAT and a sense of impending doom would descend over me. After time, I managed to conquer this. I came to understand that very few people will be able to answer every question on the Quant section, and you don’t need to get a 51. Keeping your composure when you see a horrible question will allow you to keep your emotions in check and your focus high during the exam. You do not want a tough question to affect your focus for the next one which should be answerable.

Work on your organization. On test day I don’t think you shouldn’t need to be given a new booklet (or notepad, whatever you want to call it). If you are able to organize everything well you should have plenty of room. Practice being organized and tidy under stress in your CATs. Buy the Notepad that you will have to use on the official GMAT. You don’t want any surprises on test day.

Verbal

Practice when fatigued. On the official GMAT, you will start your Verbal section approximately 3 hours into the test. Your mind will be wandering, you will be getting antsy in your chair, and you may well be thinking about the score that will pop up on your screen in 41 questions time. Occasionally, do some Verbal practice when you are extremely tired. Train yourself to be ready when that situation arises on test day.

There is always a way. I have already mentioned that SC was by far my weakest section on the GMAT. I tried tackling this multiple ways. Videos, grammar books, you name it. Ultimately, I found that the only way that worked for me was to do hundreds and hundreds of questions (including repetitions) until the rules were subconsciously ingrained in my head. If you are having trouble with a certain area and the learning system you are currently using isn’t helpful for you, find another way!

I wish I had more advice to impart on the Verbal section but unfortunately a lot of it came naturally to me.

Test Day

Don’t sweat the small stuff. You may not have slept well, there may be traffic, whatever it is, don’t sweat it. By this point, you have (hopefully) worked far too hard to let little issues throw you off on test day. Your mind is trying one final time to bring up those negative voices in your head that you have worked so hard to silence.

Don’t sweat the “big “ stuff. I got thrown a horrendous question on question 2 of the Quant section. Most of you will have heard about “the first 10 questions” and how important they are to your score. Here’s the thing though… If you get screwed by the computer, you get screwed. Shake it off. I guessed within 30 seconds and moved on to the next question determined to make up for it over the course of the next 35 questions. If I had encountered the same situation early on in my prep, my soul would have been crushed. Practice helps create the mental toughness that allows you to leap over such hurdles.

Prepare your snacks in advance. I mean that in two ways. Firstly, try out different snacks during your CATs and general study. Find out what works best for you. I have seen people on this forum recommend Red Bull and chocolate. This is strange advice to me knowing the sugar content and inevitable crash that comes after consuming these products. I would suggest something slightly lower in processed sugar. I picked a vegan protein bar (I know, yummy right?) and a slightly less sugary “energy” drink that Gatorade. I think a banana and peanut butter on whole-wheat toast would do the trick, but again experiment. Everyone is different. Google is your friend.

Make it an event. However long you have studied for this test, you have probably put in a considerable amount of effort. Plan to celebrate afterwards. Believe that you are going to hit your dream score first time. Visualise packing all those books away and texting your score to the people close to you that have been by your side throughout this journey. Visualise the first song you are going to listen to after you destroy the GMAT.

If you have read this far, best of luck. The fact that you are on this forum shows you are motivated enough to put the research in and that bodes well for your GMAT score.

PS. Sorry if the formatting of this post is a bit of a mess, I initially wrote it in Word.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Thanks for this bgbeidas. This post definitely got my juices flowing, especially the "packing up books" and "what song will you listen to..."; I've already started to imagine!

I'm going into my second real test this coming Saturday. I know I'll need one more go at it, just hoping to use this one to get my confidence up from my first score. The next time I won't schedule my test in advance; I'll ideally try to hit around my target score and schedule for the week after.

I had a question about fundamentals for quant: you mentioned using the MGMAT foundations guide. Did you feel this lacked anything foundation wise from a quant perspective? Did you also go over the GMAT club math book by any chance?

I'm also using EMPOWER. Have been subscribing for past 4 months (had to extend for another month as I wasn't able to get through all the content). Did you have a chance to go through all of Rich and Max's videos for OG solutions that are at the end? Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
781swami wrote:
Thanks for this bgbeidas. This post definitely got my juices flowing, especially the "packing up books" and "what song will you listen to..."; I've already started to imagine!

I'm going into my second real test this coming Saturday. I know I'll need one more go at it, just hoping to use this one to get my confidence up from my first score. The next time I won't schedule my test in advance; I'll ideally try to hit around my target score and schedule for the week after.

I had a question about fundamentals for quant: you mentioned using the MGMAT foundations guide. Did you feel this lacked anything foundation wise from a quant perspective? Did you also go over the GMAT club math book by any chance?

I'm also using EMPOWER. Have been subscribing for past 4 months (had to extend for another month as I wasn't able to get through all the content). Did you have a chance to go through all of Rich and Max's videos for OG solutions that are at the end? Thanks

I felt like the Manhattan Foundations book was great for the fundamentals that I had forgotten or never learnt properly. After studying that and understanding it well (took me around 10 days). I went on to use the 10 book Manhattan series. I only used their Quant books and didn't really bother with the Word problems book. I would say combining that series with the Foundations book will cover everything you need for Quant. The Quant section on the actual GMAT is so random that there are topics you will have spent a lot of time studying yet never see on the exam. I don't remember seeing a Quadratics question on the exam for example and that was a topic I hated. I actually printed the GMAT Club Math book and used a couple of sections of it as a supplement but definitely did not make it my main studying source. It seems very extensive and well put together though/

Regarding the OG solution videos, I did not go through ALL of them. For Quant I went through the solutions to problems I got wrong or took way too long on/guessed. Rich's solutions are amazing, if he makes solution videos for the Quant supplement it would really be killer. Some questions are too easy to bother looking at his solution videos but if you have time check his videos out for the questions that are slightly tougher as it may open your eyes to other solving avenues.

For Verbal, I only watched Max's Sentence Correction videos. I didn't bother with RC or CR because I felt those concepts were difficult to transfer from person to person. I felt it was something I had to figure out for myself.

Good luck for your exam. If you have any other questions don't hesitate. Believe.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
781swami wrote:

GMATCLUB Math book and Manhattan GMAT foundations book are sufficient for GMAT quant. Foundations book is more catered towards people who have not done maths after high school or who have forgotten everything. GMATCLUB is a concise version of Manhattan GMAT quant set.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 3: 630 Q41 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Congratulations on your fantastic score.

This is really a great write-up that shows a lot of dedication.
BTW - great sense of humor in your writing too.

Good luck for your applications. Let us know which one YOU WILL CHOOSE! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Send PM
OHH MAN!!!
35 MINUTES to SPARE after VERBAL?

U must be Super Man.. 8-)

BTW, Congrats on ur 760..

Regards,
Abhishek 8-)

bgbeidas wrote:
Man have I been looking forward to writing this post and thereby signaling the end of my GMAT journey. Before I launch into the juicy deets (study materials, practice CAT scores, etc), I think it would be worthwhile to provide you all with some background info on me. Also, please pardon the woeful tennis pun in the title. Four months of maniacal studying really took its toll.

Retired professional tennis player (less impressive than it sounds, injuries unfortunately cut my career quite short before I could achieve what I wanted to) who graduated from a Top 50 college in the U.S. I made my school choice based on their standing in the NCAA tennis rankings, as the plan was always to go pro after graduating and 17 year olds rarely look at the big picture. When I entered school in 2007 my team was ranked number 1 in the country in the Division 1 rankings and our goal every year was to win a national championship (something we unfortunately never accomplished in my time there). The extreme competitiveness of our tennis program mixed with my desire to turn pro upon graduation coupled with a lack of maturity resulted in me graduating with a 2.9 GPA in Business Administration. I have always been the type of person that learns best from others and the biggest aspect of university I regret missing out on is the sharing of thoughts and ideas related to the business world and I regret the lack of true learning that I accomplished at university thus I always planned on doing an MBA to immerse myself properly this time round as a different person.

On my travels, I always told myself I needed to study for the GMAT and get ahead of the game, but, again maturity issues. It wasn’t until December when I finally decided that my back wasn’t going to heal itself in time for my professional career to regain its legs (I’m 27) that I decided it was time to open the GMAT books. So, I registered on here, dumped my profile on BB, got encouraging feedback from him, and decided to dive headfirst into the depths of GMAT hell.

Phase 1 – “Yung and lernin’” (Weeks 1-4)

In the middle of December, I opened the Kaplan Premier book and took the paper practice test provided in the first chapter. I got 20 out of 37 Quant questions right (disaster), and 12 out of 12 correct on the Verbal before I shut up shop and realized that improving my Quant score was going to be the key to GMAT success. I went through the Kaplan book but it really isn’t great for someone who has forgotten the basics. Someone mentioned the Manhattan series to me. So, I purchased the whole series including the “Foundations of GMAT Math” book that turned out to be a life saver. This book is extremely basic but if you are even 1% skeptical about your math skills, I highly recommend it. From December 20th till January 1st I hammered this book and nothing else. I felt I was now ready to tackle the more “advanced stuff”. I went through the Manhattan series, without realizing that each chapter had recommended problem sets from the official guide. Whoops. I had an error log which I stopped keeping about 2 weeks into my studying, didn’t consider it a huge miss for me but the experts say it is a must so don’t take my word for it. After finishing the Manhattan series I posted on this forum to ask what the next step was for me. Enter Rich Cohen. Rich uttered those four or five sentences, which anyone who frequents this forum will have come to memorize by now. “Have you taken a full practice CAT?”…. “real conditions etc”. I got into a back and forth with him that ended with me looking at Empower GMAT reviews and thinking “Hey, I should check this out”. I took my first practice CAT (680 Q 42 V41) and went straight to the Empower website to sign up.

Phase 2 – Feeling Empowered (Weeks 5-10)

Within 2 hours my world changed. Before Empower I genuinely felt lost and unsure of how I would achieve my target GMAT score (99th percentile). Empower GMAT was a game-changer for me. I can go on about it for hours, but the bottom-line is: I cannot imagine that there is a better course out there. The Quant section alone is worth its weight in gold. If I do end up making it to my dream school in California I’m driving out to LA and buying Rich a drink. Their method of teaching is just incomparable to the other courses out there (I trialed a couple). After about three weeks of focus on Quant, I took my second CAT. (690 Q48 V39). My Quant score was going in the right direction and now I knew that all I needed to do was cement my Quant knowledge and sharpen my Verbal skills. With that, I took a small break from Empower GMAT, and focused on working on the official guide for a bit. I went through the whole thing (minus the RC section) and took another CAT (730 Q49, V41). Now I was really motivated. I purchased Question pack 1 as well as the Verbal and Quant OG Supplements and bought the Paper tests too. I wanted a large supply of Quant questions at the ready so that when I was focusing on sharpening my Verbal skills I could still do 20-30 Quant problems a day so as to keep it fresh in my mind. It was at this point that I booked my test (Sorry Rich, I know you recommended it be done at the end of Section 1 in the Empower course).

Phase 3 – “Becoming a GMAT assassin” (Weeks 11-16)

It was at this point that I started genuinely feeling like a machine. Quant questions would come my way from the official guide, the question pack, and everything else, and I almost instantly knew how to approach it. With a combination of my skills, the fundamentals I learned from the Manhattan books, and the approaches taught by Rich, I felt like I could face anything the Quant section threw at me. Little things Rich would say like “write everything down” and “don’t panic when you see a radical, business schools don’t like people who panic when they see radicals” really had an impact on me and I started to feel like I was capable of successfully tutoring someone to a 700 if need be. Enter Sentence Correction. In all my practice CATs I was making at least 7 mistakes on SC questions and between 0-2 on RC and CR combined. It was fairly obvious that to hit the Verbal score I knew I was capable of, I absolutely had to get this section down. Memorizing the rules didn’t work for me. I went through the Empower videos, which were somewhat helpful but what really helped me was relentlessly doing SC problems till I was blue in the face. That method helped ingrain the rules and patterns in my head subconsciously. After about ten days of relentless Sentence Correcting, I took my 4th practice CAT (740 Q46 V47). I was ecstatic with my Verbal score but worried that my Quant was slipping, sooooo back to Quant questions. My exam was about three weeks away so I had to find a way of mixing problems up enough that I wouldn’t start to memorize them, while mixing in Exam pack 2 to build my stamina with fresh CATs. Fast forward two weeks to one week before exam day, I took Exam 1 from the new exam pack (760 Q50 V44). I went on the forum and asked the experts whether they thought it was worth taking the final CAT in the 6 days I had left and they leaned towards “No” as an answer. So, that was it. I just had to find a way to stay fresh and peak for test day.

Phase 4 – See ya G’MATe (Yesterday and Today)

As per Rich’s advice I barely did anything yesterday. I did around 20 Quant problems and approx 20 Sentence Correction problems. At night I reviewed the Essay outline I found on the forum (Chineseburned’s version) as the essays I had written in my practice CATs were absolute tripe and I didn’t want to have to retake the GMAT because I got a 0 on the essay. Looked at a couple of Quant flashcards (big mistake), and somehow fell under the illusion that I knew nothing and I was doomed. Lesson for all of you: This is Bob. Bob doesn’t review formulas and notes the night before an exam because Bob has confidence in the studying he has been doing for the last 3 months. Bob is smart. Bob is not a lunatic Be like Bob. Went to bed at 10 PM. Fell asleep at 3 am, woke up at 7 am. Standard. I wasn’t perturbed by this at all as it happened to me quite often the night before a big match and I knew that adrenaline could carry me through the exam.

Enter exam day. I was so anxious to get started at this point. Prepared my walk playlist (exam centre is 30 minutes away) got my snacks ready (low sugar drink, vegan bars with low sugar and some protein as I wanted to avoid having a sugar crash, and of course cinnamon flavored gum). Immediately regretted my decision to walk to the exam centre as it is quite hot and humid in Beirut today, but again, didn’t let that faze me. Got to the exam centre 20 minutes early and was allowed to start immediately. Took a deep breath, mentally prepared myself to seek and destroyed and stepped into the exam room. The second I walked in, I felt claustrophobic. I hadn’t been truly nervous up until this point but it all became real when I stepped into that room. It was just me and one poor, hunched-over soul that looked like she was being smacked with a bamboo stick by Dr. GMAT.

As the instructions came on the screen I wrote out my essay outline. The prompt came up and it was fairly straightforward. Done. Next came IR. For some reason I only got a 7 despite always getting an 8 in my practice CATs but from what I gather it isn’t a big deal. I found the last question to be really poorly worded so I left it alone, raised my hand and waited for the lady to come back into the room so she could scan me out for my 8 minute break before the real test began. Popped into the bathroom. Out. Locker. Half a protein bar, half a bottle of whatever it was and then back into the exam room again.

Quant

Had high hopes for this section. I figured at worst I would hit 48 and at best 50. So the 49 that I ended up getting was probably fair (even though I am slightly worried that it is only 78th percentile, screw all you Quant geniuses!). The 2nd and 7th question were stupidly difficult for me and I feel this is what stopped me from getting a 50 or better because from Question 10 to about 30 I absolutely nailed this sucker. Everything the computer threw at me I was able to do. It got to the point that I was so far ahead of the test, I spent about 12 minutes on question 30 and still had pleeeeeenty of time left for the last 7 (again, sorry Rich, I got it right by the way). I finished this section with about 10 minutes to spare. Everything on the pad, test all cases for DS questions and bobs your uncle. Time for the final quarter.

Verbal

I knew I was doing fairly well on the test so far so didn’t want to have to retake the whole test because I screwed the final section up. I am an extreme perfectionist and I didn’t want to score lower than the 760 I achieved in practice (even now I am still thinking I could have done a little better today). Verbal went by really quickly. The SC questions I got were much easier than the ones I had gotten in my practice CATs. I finished this section with 35 minutes remaining (I kid you not). Once I clicked next on the final question and filled out the survey, I took a deep breath and was ready for that nervy 5 second wait that comes up when the GMAT Prep software is calculating your score. Holy crap, what, the real exam doesn’t do that? Numbers just came at me out of nowhere. Gathered my self and processed the numbers. 760. Phew. So relieved to be done with it all. Nice lady at the test centre congratulated me with a smile and gave me my print out. Set off on my walk home bumping “Going back to Cali” by Notorious B.I.G (My top choice school is Stanford) and started thinking about how I could help all the forum members and lurkers kill the GMAT.

Long post, let me boil it down to a key points for you all.

1) Be Relentless

For 3 months, I went to bed thinking about triangles and woke up with quadratic equations on my mind. I have always been bloody minded but I took it to a new level the past few months. There were days when I felt down and discouraged, but I didn't let that feeling consume me for long. I wanted this badly, and I believe that is more than half the battle for anything in life. I haven’t picked up a textbook in 6 years, and even then, my undergrad was a wasteland of missed second serves and broken racquets as I previously explained. This was sheer willpower and determination. There is an Arabic saying that goes “repetition taught the donkey”. Well, I don’t know whether it is fair on the donkey to be compared to me but….. you get the message.

2) Listen To The Experts

This test has been around a while. Some people have mastered it. Use their experience to your advantage. The debriefs on here are extremely helpful. There are a lot of helpful people on this forum. Use them, and give back when you’re done.

3) Go Back To Basics

If your foundations are weak, you will struggle. Luckily, I found this out quite early on. The best book for math foundations is the Foundations of GMAT Math book that Manhattan makes. If there is any doubt, get it.

4) Empower Yourself

Empower GMAT has cracked the GMAT. I could go on all day. In fact, I probably already did. Bottom line, at the very least you need to try this course out.

I am sure I have left important bits of information out, let me know if there is anything anyone wants to ask me and I will gladly fill in the gaps.
.. And Remember, “GMAT assassins aren’t born, they’re made” ;)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts