Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
This is a quick request to all the applicants. I am doing a study to understand applicant behavior and your inputs will come in quite handy

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/692JMN2
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
boothie2016 wrote:
Run4Fun wrote:
Any insider information on when Booth Live events will be hosted this fall? I am anxious to visit campus and would love to do it in conjunction with a Live event.

Booth Live is on Oct 17th

What's the difference between Booth Live and the FT Class Visit? Which one would you recommend and why?

Thanks
Cheers!
J :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:
boothie2016 wrote:
Run4Fun wrote:
Any insider information on when Booth Live events will be hosted this fall? I am anxious to visit campus and would love to do it in conjunction with a Live event.

Booth Live is on Oct 17th

What's the difference between Booth Live and the FT Class Visit? Which one would you recommend and why?

Thanks
Cheers!

If you have the time, definitely go with Booth Live. It is a full day event and gives you multiple opportunities to interact with current students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Just submitted for Round 1. And now the wait begins. Good luck all!
VP
VP
Send PM
Shame, I'm going to full time visit finally, I didn't want to wait that long...

But its great to know for other people interested

Kudos for you!
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Kudos
Working on my application and when I "Preview" it prior to submitting a question comes up asking me my race/ethnicity which it's showing I haven't answered. However, when I go into the actual application this question isn't there (or at least I can't find it). Anyone else having this problem or knows what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
VP
VP
Send PM
aaisola wrote:
Working on my application and when I "Preview" it prior to submitting a question comes up asking me my race/ethnicity which it's showing I haven't answered. However, when I go into the actual application this question isn't there (or at least I can't find it). Anyone else having this problem or knows what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,

Just sent it as is, your race is not a major issue for your admission evaluation trust me

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
homeone wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Got a question about interview date ranges. Based on previous years time frame, approximately when does Booth give out interview invites and what is the time period for conducting the interview? I'm based in Asia but might be able to make a trip out to US sometime in late Oct or all of Nov so would like to try to schedule around same time Booth conducts interviews if given an invite.

Can anyone who interviewed last year chime in? thanks and good luck to everyone!

*Edit after reading through last years forum, here are the dates for last year.

R1 app deadline: Oct 3, 2013
Interview Invites: Oct 28 - Nov 1 (about 3.5 weeks after app deadline)
Interview Dates: Nov 6 - 23 (starting 5 days to about 3 weeks from last date of invite)

Based on similar time line the decisions should go out around.. week of 10/20 - 24, and then the interview date range would be around 10/29 to 11/15

is that reasonable estimation?

In the post-submission email I got from Booth, they stated that interview invites or dings will be released by 10/24 (didn't give a set time frame so maybe some will come earlier in the process) and that they would begin with interviews on 10/27, with final decision released for those interviewed on 12/18.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Is anyone else having trouble previewing their application? I get a non-descript error popup. Just slightly nervous about hitting submit before printing and proof-reading the entire thing one last time...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hello fellow applicants, I have a potential issue and I want to see if anyone else faced it or maybe this could also help someone else.

I'm previewing my application; all is fine, exept for 1 issue.

The "List all academic honors and awards you have received" for in the Academics section does not show all the text I wrote in the app form. In the app form there are still a few characters left and the proper text was saved, which makes me think that it's only a viewing issue.

I also remember that the HBS app had a note that said that some field might not show the entire content, but the official file reviewed by the AdCom has a correct PDF. It seems that both HBS and Booth have the same application software, so I'm presuming this is the case with my issue as well.

Any thoughts on this?...

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 1.62
Send PM
Question on the application - did everyone fill up all the spaces (up to 12) for the activities? I was a part of a lot of other random non-value add activities in college like Marketing Club or Finance club but I don't think it's worth listing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
I submitted to HBS, and now am working on my Booth app. The essay questions seem very similar, and I was just going to modify my HBS essay to fit with Booth, as my HBS essay is about what leadership means to me and my past experiences in development as a leader. Was going to reframe this in terms of how important community is to me, and use the same examples to fit Booth's push for community. What's everyone's opinion on this?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Join the Conversation

Curious about the truly global impact of a Booth degree? Then join the conversation. Better yet, we’ll bring the conversation to you.

The 2014-15 Chicago Conversations event series travels to thirteen locations around the globe to explore pressing industry topics. Each event brings together Chicago Booth alumni, faculty, current and prospective students for networking and in-depth, industry-specific panel discussions. Hear how Booth alumni position themselves as leaders in their respective fields - from VC and Tech in NYC to Healthcare in San Fran, and from Infrastructure in Dubai to Energy in Houston.

Regardless of the topic or industry, you’ll get a first-hand glimpse at the way in which alumni approach challenges, uncover opportunities, and deliver impactful results. Enjoy a topical debate, Q&A session, and networking session where you can continue making connections and building early relationships with members of the Booth community, in addition to chatting with admissions staff at domestic event locations.

Finally, there is no cost to attend, but registration is required and slots fill up pretty quickly. To find a location near you and register for any one of our 13 events, please visit our website. Feel free to invite people in your network who may also be interested in attending!

We hope to see you there!

Colin
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Does anyone have a transcript of today's chat? I would appreacite if anyone could share it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Submitted for Round 1! On to the next one :/
Manager
Manager