GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 22:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE: Engineering (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 08:31
Me too! Now on to the waiting game...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Booth '17, AGSM '18
GPA: 1.62

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 08:49
Submitted. It feels like this year not as many people are applying to MBA across the board (maybe I'm wrong).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 12:48
Hit submit now. :)

All the best everyone.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 14:00
PP90210 wrote:
Submitted. It feels like this year not as many people are applying to MBA across the board (maybe I'm wrong).

I agree.....

Good luck all!

I was surprised, going into the season I thought Booth presentation would be least enjoyable "essay" to fashion, but I actually greatly enjoyed make a PPT.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V42
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 15:07
csi wrote:
PP90210 wrote:

I agree.....

Good luck all!

I was surprised, going into the season I thought Booth presentation would be least enjoyable "essay" to fashion, but I actually greatly enjoyed make a PPT.

Either there are fewer applicants or applicants are less active this year. I think later might be true.

Submitted my application as well. 10 mins before the deadline! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reflecting on the Booth Experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2014, 07:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Reflecting on the Booth Experience
From McKinsey & Co., to Amazon, to launching new businesses, recent graduates begin their post-MBA journey reflecting on the impact of the Booth MBA on their careers, and their lives.

Last year we interviewed Boothies in their first year of the MBA program: Stella, Sam, Ruhi, Rushan, Haibo and Suraj. They helped us learn more about life at Booth and how they were using the flexibility of the program and the network to their advantage.

A year later, we asked them to reflect on their Booth experiences and how they are preparing to re-enter the business world.

Stella Fayman won the New Venture Challenge competition in 2013 and was awarded seed money to develop and launch her new business, Matchist. Stella explains how the ability to tailor her coursework allowed her to focus on areas she knew she needed to be successful.

Sam Yamoah grew up in Liberia and West Africa and came to the US in search of a better prospect of education. He now works for McKinsey & Co in Washington DC and told us he feels well-prepared for the business world because he can engage in conversations from a unique way of thinking, influenced by what he learned at Booth.

Aditi Ruhi, Lead facilitator and Booth Follies executive producer, draws from her diverse industry background. Ruhi will be working for Amazon in Seattle and shares that the people are what truly made her Booth experience special: talented and humble – a combination of values that she plans to pass on to future generations of Booth students.

Booth is an environment that challenges you in a way that is much bigger than you think. It’s a place where you to choose what is right for you, and optimize your education based on your needs.  I encourage you to explore the stories of our students and think about what type of program will put you in the driver’s seat of your future.

All the best,

Michelle
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2014, 13:22
Hello All

Congratulations on hitting submit! I'm sure that was a stressful period but all you have to do now is wait.

While you're waiting, would appreciate your time to help us out. I am doing Market research on admissions space, it is just a 2 min survey. ( https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/692JMN2 )

Also, if you have questions about how to utilize this time or have any other questions about Booth, feel free to post.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Dec 2014, 15:29
Hello all! We recently interviewed Kurt Ahlm, the associate dean of student recruitment and admissions at Booth. In his interview, Ahlm discusses changes to the role current Booth students play in evaluating applicants. He also advises applicants to think strategically about their Booth application and to ask what each piece can contribute to the story an applicant is trying to tell in their application. If you're thinking about applying to Booth this year, his advice can really help you improve your application! Read his interview here.

Originally posted by ClearAdmitJonFuller on 30 Sep 2014, 17:09.
Last edited by ClearAdmitJonFuller on 04 Dec 2014, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 06:03
What are we expected to do while waiting?

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 06:18
NaijaMBAgal wrote:

Maybe perform some good deeds and earn some brownie points from Lady Destiny? :) Worth a shot I guess.

Watch our explainer video to learn how it works
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.57

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 14:52
Hey guys! I submitted to Round 1. Side note, just curious, how do you get your stats on the charts on the front page. I don't see my GPA GMAT data point lol.

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 23:47
abhisheksahay wrote:
NaijaMBAgal wrote:

Maybe perform some good deeds and earn some brownie points from Lady Destiny? :) Worth a shot I guess.

definitely worth a shot
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Booth '17, AGSM '18
GPA: 1.62

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2014, 07:11
Does anyone have any idea YOY R1 application growth or decline? There is not much activity on the booth forum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Two Great Events This Month in Chicago  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 16:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Two Great Events This Month in Chicago
ImageImage
When you're trying to make important choices about business school, you have many questions and it can be overwhelming trying to get the answers. How about joining us for two special events in Chicago that will provide you with key aspects about the Chicago Booth MBA, culture and community, and give you an opportunity to visit us here on campus?

On the evening of Thursday, October 16th we are hosting an Admissions Information Session to help reveal what it’s like to be a student in our Full-Time MBA program. Meet current students and alumni at our downtown campus, Gleacher Center, who will be happy to share stories about their Chicago Booth experience. You’ll get a fresh perspective and begin to understand what to expect during your MBA adventure and all of the opportunities that await you.

Chicago Booth Live will be held the next day on Friday, October 17th in Hyde Park at the Harper Center. This all-day campus visit immersion is a fantastic opportunity to live the life of a Chicago Booth student. You’ll sit in on a class built just for you and see the Chicago Approach in action. The admissions team will be on hand for questions and guidance in the application process. At the end of the day you’ll be invited to join us for refreshments and drinks so you can unwind and further network with our current students. We want you to feel free to keep the conversations going and continue to uncover what Chicago Booth is all about.

October is great time to visit Chicago. The leaves are turning and the air is crisp. We hope you’ll join us in downtown Chicago, or one of the city’s best neighborhoods, Hyde Park, for one or both of these special events – the Information Session designed to put you in touch with our alumni and student community, and the Booth Live, created to put you in the shoes of an MBA student at Booth.

Register early as space is limited for both events. We look forward to getting to know you.

All the best,

Eddie

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Schools: Booth '17
GPA: 3.58

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 10:15
Does anyone have any idea when interview requests will be sent out? The email I received after submitting the application said by Oct 24 (just curious when it actually starts and what dates the on-campus interviews will be). I know not everyone will get an interview, but planning work around those dates would be helpful vs. causing last minute churn to figure out how to make it feasible.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 10:45
pa76021 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea when interview requests will be sent out? The email I received after submitting the application said by Oct 24 (just curious when it actually starts and what dates the on-campus interviews will be). I know not everyone will get an interview, but planning work around those dates would be helpful vs. causing last minute churn to figure out how to make it feasible.

Going by last year's round three pattern, I'll say they start going out on the Monday of the week (October 20) till Friday. Then you'll have to schedule a day for your interview (a deadline will be given). Hope this helps
Schools: Booth '17
GPA: 3.58

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 10:51
Thanks, that is helpful. Let the waiting begin!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.55
WE: Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 19:23
PP90210 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea YOY R1 application growth or decline? There is not much activity on the booth forum.

I agree. Other topics seem to be very active.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 13:54
Perhaps I have too much time on my hands, but per Booth's email reminder about a live chat with admissions on 10/14 it states the following:

"If you are preparing for your Round Two application or your Round One interview, don't miss this live chat."

That leads me to believe that a large number of invites will go out prior to the 14th, when the webinar is suppose to take place, no? How else would people be able to prepare for the interview if they didn't know the received one.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.57

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 14:27
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Perhaps I have too much time on my hands, but per Booth's email reminder about a live chat with admissions on 10/14 it states the following:

"If you are preparing for your Round Two application or your Round One interview, don't miss this live chat."

That leads me to believe that a large number of invites will go out prior to the 14th, when the webinar is suppose to take place, no? How else would people be able to prepare for the interview if they didn't know the received one.

I noticed this too. I didn't think too hard about it though. Maybe it's just their way to get all applicants to come to the live chat, instead of leaving R1 people out of the fun. This is probably one of the last times to interact with the adcom, so might as well attend the chat with or without an interview invite by the 14th.
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2014, 14:27

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  92    Next  [ 1838 posts ] 

Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

post reply Update application status  

Moderators: fatmike, ambera33