GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 12:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2014, 05:04
TripleDetroit wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Perhaps I have too much time on my hands, but per Booth's email reminder about a live chat with admissions on 10/14 it states the following:

"If you are preparing for your Round Two application or your Round One interview, don't miss this live chat."

That leads me to believe that a large number of invites will go out prior to the 14th, when the webinar is suppose to take place, no? How else would people be able to prepare for the interview if they didn't know the received one.

I noticed this too. I didn't think too hard about it though. Maybe it's just their way to get all applicants to come to the live chat, instead of leaving R1 people out of the fun. This is probably one of the last times to interact with the adcom, so might as well attend the chat with or without an interview invite by the 14th.

Ummm guys, then should I be worried if i didn't get the online chat mailer. (I am on their mailing list)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '17
GPA: 3.58
Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2014, 05:47
sharmah wrote:
TripleDetroit wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Perhaps I have too much time on my hands, but per Booth's email reminder about a live chat with admissions on 10/14 it states the following:

"If you are preparing for your Round Two application or your Round One interview, don't miss this live chat."

That leads me to believe that a large number of invites will go out prior to the 14th, when the webinar is suppose to take place, no? How else would people be able to prepare for the interview if they didn't know the received one.

I noticed this too. I didn't think too hard about it though. Maybe it's just their way to get all applicants to come to the live chat, instead of leaving R1 people out of the fun. This is probably one of the last times to interact with the adcom, so might as well attend the chat with or without an interview invite by the 14th.

Ummm guys, then should I be worried if i didn't get the online chat mailer. (I am on their mailing list)

Same thing happened to me. I think their mailing list is corrupted. Last year I used to get all the mailings from them in email. This year, I do not get anything (if anything they send me invites about my hometown events in another state).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2014, 09:14
Yes, i'd freak out...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q800 V760
GPA: 3.76
WE: Sales (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2014, 22:14
Kathmandu2013 wrote:

Very interesting observation! Considering that 11th and 12th are non-business days, it leaves us with 13th (Monday) and 10th (today!)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2014, 06:19
Let's hope, right! That'd be a pretty quick turnaround, but why else would they allude to having the conversation about interviews on Tuesday...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '17
GPA: 3.58

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2014, 10:28
If the number of applications are down (which might be the case given the level of activity on this forum), they could have very well finished reviewing applications. It is to my understanding that last year had a surge in round 1 apps (accross all schools) driven by the GMAT test changing formats (I can't firm this but it makes sesnse). This explains why admissions moved the deadline earlier thinking the growth would hold stready (which it probably has not).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2014, 03:47
I'm not getting expectant till the week of 20th
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2014, 19:16
NaijaMBAgal wrote:
I'm not getting expectant till the week of 20th

Same here. Chill out guys, you'll get in. I'm betting on it
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2014, 06:33
Trust me, the level of activity on the gmatclub's message board has ZERO indication of the number of applicants. I'll bet my bottom dollar that apps are at least at similar levels.

pa76021 wrote:
If the number of applications are down (which might be the case given the level of activity on this forum), they could have very well finished reviewing applications. It is to my understanding that last year had a surge in round 1 apps (accross all schools) driven by the GMAT test changing formats (I can't firm this but it makes sesnse). This explains why admissions moved the deadline earlier thinking the growth would hold stready (which it probably has not).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 02:58
rtillman wrote:
Trust me, the level of activity on the gmatclub's message board has ZERO indication of the number of applicants. I'll bet my bottom dollar that apps are at least at similar levels.

pa76021 wrote:

Agree on that. I was just checking last year forums for some schools. Most of the activity starts once people receive interview invites.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 06:17
saurabhpshah wrote:
rtillman wrote:

pa76021 wrote:

Agree on that. I was just checking last year forums for some schools. Most of the activity starts once people receive interview invites.

And as far as we know, no invites have been sent out?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Oct 2014, 06:54
Edit: wrong forum! My b, guess I cant delete

Originally posted by Pottsmi1 on 14 Oct 2014, 06:46.
Last edited by Pottsmi1 on 14 Oct 2014, 06:54, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 06:49
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
saurabhpshah wrote:

Had there been any, we should have known by now. The chat invite seems like a false alarm.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 07:03
saurabhpshah wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
saurabhpshah wrote:

Had there been any, we should have known by now. The chat invite seems like a false alarm.

Honestly, that seems a bit sloppy to me. No one reads the blasts? Anyway, talk to you guys in the chat.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Behind the Scenes of Round One  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 08:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Behind the Scenes of Round One
Hello applicants and future applicants! The Round One deadline has come to pass and now many of you are anxiously awaiting what happens next. I know the evaluation process can seem like a black box, so we’re hoping to give you a better sense of what will happen behind the scenes over the next two months.

As a first step, our online application system reviewed all applications for completeness. Unfortunately, if any required material or information is missing, your application will be moved to Round Two.

The evaluation process is then divided into two phases. The first is the pre-interview phase, where our Admissions Committee will spend time reviewing your applications to determine if you will be invited to interview or denied without an interview. Applications are read in random order and ensuing interview decisions are released on a rolling basis from mid-October to October 24th.

If you are invited to interview then you have moved onto phase two, or the interview phase. We highly encourage all applicants to interview on-campus to immerse themselves in the Booth community for a day.  Understanding that not everyone can travel to Chicago during our interview season, we have alternative options available, including hub city locations and alumni interviews in cities across the world.

On-campus interviews are conducted by our second-year student fellows and hub interviews are conducted by alumni,and in some cases second-year students. From an evaluative standpoint, there is no advantage or disadvantage to completing your interview on or off campus.

After you have completed your interview, your interviewer will submit an interview evaluation. At this time, the Admissions Committee will again thoroughly review your application in its entirety.

Final admissions decisions are then released at 9:00am CST on December 18th. You will receive a decision of Admitted, Denied, or Waitlist and can view your decision through your application status page.

If you are invited to interview, rest assured you will receive thorough instructions and information via email. But if you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to use the comments below to continue the conversation.

Best of luck!

Tyler
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

B
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 08:21
So does mid-October mean that starting tomorrow interview invites are going to be sent out? I thought that I read somewhere that they weren't sending them out until the 20th?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 09:15
From the Admissions Chat going on right now...

Tyler [Smith, Assistant Director of Admissions]: Hi [redacted], interview decisions will be released on a rolling basis starting this week and all applicants will receive a decision of invite to interview or deny without interview by Friday, October 24th.

BEST OF LUCK ALL!!
Manager
Manager
B
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 09:20
positivelyJC wrote:
From the Admissions Chat going on right now...

Tyler [Smith, Assistant Director of Admissions]: Hi [redacted], interview decisions will be released on a rolling basis starting this week and all applicants will receive a decision of invite to interview or deny without interview by Friday, October 24th.

BEST OF LUCK ALL!!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I am assuming notification for an interview invite will come via email?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 09:57
do other people have a big red x next to GMAT scores? The way I read it, they don't need verified GMAT unless admitted but it's not clear to me that my application will be reviewed...

interesting that they do rolling interview invites rather than picking a certain date - i guess you just wait until the 24th and could hear any day from now until then
Kellogg School Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 10:04
Attended the online chat. Interview invites for R1 start going out this week through October 24th on rolling basis.
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2014, 10:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  92    Next  [ 1838 posts ] 

Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

post reply Update application status  

Moderators: fatmike, ambera33