Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
According to the assistant dean, generally decision is released on the decision date. But if you do have a reason, you can write to them and they will try to help. So far as I can see, Yale has been nice so if you have a reason, you can try to talk.
EmeraldHerald wrote:
Does anyone know if Yale is known to provide decision results to candidates before the Dec 8th official date?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
antoniusbudianto wrote:
I just noticed Yale SOM application requires official GMAT scores to be send to Yale even though admission is not granted yet (only for applying). Did I misunderstand anything here since I have also been working on several other Business school applications but no one of them requires official GMAT scores for applying?

They all require official GMAT scores. When you take the GMAT, you can send official scores to up to 5 schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Digvijay01 wrote:
cloudy218 wrote:
A piece of feedback from the assistant dean who held the reception in Shanghai last night: According to him, some more than half were reviewed, which means still many to review and to invite. So don't lose hope.

hmmm..I think this is the only thread of hope we need to hold on to. Indeed wait is killing a lot of us. :P

Seriously! They need to send out invites soon, if at all they're going to!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
antoniusbudianto wrote:
Hi all Yale MBA aspirants,

Secondly, after visiting your thread, is my understanding correct that we can have another 1 week for the video essay from the application deadline (8 Jan 2015 for R2 + 7 days = 15 Jan 2015??

Thank you beforehand for your willingness to share from your experience.

Regards

Applicant from Indonesia

Yes, your understanding is correct. You get an additional one week after the application submission deadline, to submit your video essays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [5]
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my Yale SOM interview in Delhi this morning !

Pretty structured interview. They plan to ask same set of questions to every invited applicant to ensure standardised feedback for the final decision.

It was more like a timed interview, strictly 30 mins. They request you not to share the questions outside. But I tell you this there is no curve ball there, nothing you won't be expecting.

Additionally, for people in London who are invited for a dinner, I would strongly recommend to go and use this opportunity. You may not be able to share your top selling points in the structured interview process.

Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
nitesh7vks wrote:

Pretty structured interview. They plan to ask same set of questions to every invited applicant to ensure standardised feedback for the final decision.

It was more like a timed interview, strictly 30 mins. They request you not to share the questions outside. But I tell you this there is no curve ball there, nothing you won't be expecting.

Additionally, for people in London who are invited for a dinner, I would strongly recommend to go and use this opportunity. You may not be able to share your top selling points in the structured interview process.

Good luck !

Thanks for the feedback & advice... good point! I'm definitely going to the dinner, just nervous as hell.

EmaSira - see you there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
gracerx wrote:
nitesh7vks wrote:

Good luck !

Thanks for the feedback & advice... good point! I'm definitely going to the dinner, just nervous as hell.

EmaSira - see you there!

Yo bro. See you there. ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
nitesh7vks wrote:

Good luck !

Thank you for sharing. Greatly appreciate the insight! Hope you nailed it!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So far interview dates in India have coincided with their "Yale SOM Reception" dates/locations in India (30th October in Delhi and 6th November in Mumbai). Does this mean that they are done interviewing the Indian pool and no more invites will be sent? Because any invites sent after these dates would have to be interviewed by alumni or via Skype...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
So far interview dates in India have coincided with their "Yale SOM Reception" dates/locations in India (30th October in Delhi and 6th November in Mumbai). Does this mean that they are done interviewing the Indian pool and no more invites will be sent? Because any invites sent after these dates would have to be interviewed by alumni or via Skype...

I've been thinking about the same thing. It looks likely but not a 100%. They almost surely have not gone through all applications. I had applied to Kellogg 2 years back and was phone interviewed by the ad-com a week before the decision date after initially getting a interview waiver (essentially a rejection).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
maxpayne87 wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:

I've been thinking about the same thing. It looks likely but not a 100%. They almost surely have not gone through all applications. I had applied to Kellogg 2 years back and was phone interviewed by the ad-com a week before the decision date after initially getting a interview waiver (essentially a rejection).

Aaah. Well I'm almost sure of it. I guess if the guys who interviewed could tell us how many people showed up there for an interview, we'd have our answer.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Date: November 10, 2014. Thursday

Admissionado Consulting

Event: Webinar - A Tale of Three Applicants by Jon Frank (Admissionado Founder and HBS Alumnus)

In this webinar, jointly organized by Admissionado and GMATClub, Admissionado Founder Jon Frank (HBS) is gonna show you how a banker, an Indian IT guy, and a chicken farmer managed to get into a top Business School. Find out how to play up your strengths, neutralize your weaknesses, and defeat the admissions dragon – whether your profile is totally typical or out-of-the-blue. To ensure the best possible event, space is limited to 100 participants, so sign up now! These seats are going to go quickly!

Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist ... KG6Zqk-PLu

Timing of the Session: 8.00 AM Pacific Time on 10th November 2014.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 2.8
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
According to the attendee at SOM Beijing reception, Bruce said almost three quarters of interview invitations have been sent out and the remainder ones will be out gradually untill mid-November. If so, there seems to be fewer slots for us waiting. I am not sure if it is true.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.22
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
BEC15 wrote:
According to the attendee at SOM Beijing reception, Bruce said almost three quarters of interview invitations have been sent out and the remainder ones will be out gradually untill mid-November. If so, there seems to be fewer slots for us waiting. I am not sure if it is true.

Thanks for the info. But are you aware of any Chinese that received interview invitation for R1?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Kudos
Very interesting to hear about the format in India. I had an interview with a second year student at the Yale SOM this week when I was visiting campus (not on a scheduled date).

Very friendly and conversational interview. It was very evident that my interviewer loved Yale and wanted to play a part in picking the next class. No unexpected questions. Questions around my resume, jobs, things I do for fun, and some follow-ups about specific situations mentioned in my previous answers.

Good luck to all!

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [3]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Stopping by to say good luck to everyone!! If you have interviews coming up, it's getting quite chilly here in Connecticut, so dress appropriately. No worries, there is a coat rack for you.

If you're still waiting for an invite, don't give up hope yet. It's barely November and people definitely got invited for a few more weeks in past years (check old threads for specific dates)-- my year people were even interviewing in December for Round 1. Keep your head high until you have definite reason not to.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Stopping by to say good luck to everyone!! If you have interviews coming up, it's getting quite chilly here in Connecticut, so dress appropriately. No worries, there is a coat rack for you.

If you're still waiting for an invite, don't give up hope yet. It's barely November and people definitely got invited for a few more weeks in past years (check old threads for specific dates)-- my year people were even interviewing in December for Round 1. Keep your head high until you have definite reason not to.

Thanks for the positive vibes... I have no idea what to think.... I wonder if someone that is currently scheduling their Yale interview can see how many open slots there are? Is that an indicator of how many more interviews they have available?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts