Last visit was: 30 Apr 2024, 23:02 It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 23:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q170 V167
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Good luck to all of you going through the interview process. So far my 1st year at Yale SOM has been amazing (and intense!). The caliber of students in my class is quite high I would say. Evans Hall really is a spectacular place to spend your days. Recruiting season is now underway for 1st years and the list of employers coming to campus is pretty impressive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Anyone from their recent interviews/dinners have any idea as to how many invites for interviews are still to come??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
aaisola wrote:
Anyone from their recent interviews/dinners have any idea as to how many invites for interviews are still to come??

Don't know. But don't give up. Yale will continue to interview potential candidates till end of November.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Well, some bad news for people still waiting to hear from th school.

I talked to Bruce today and he said that "most" interview invitations have been sent out. :(

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
anarchy wrote:

I talked to Bruce today and he said that "most" interview invitations have been sent out. :(

Yeah that's what I'm figuring... just because "people are interviewing until the end of the month" doesn't mean that invites are getting sent out until the end of the month....

womp womp :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
GrantMeAdmission wrote:
anarchy wrote:

Yeah that's what I'm figuring... just because "people are interviewing until the end of the month" doesn't mean that invites are getting sent out until the end of the month....

womp womp :(

Interesting given that only 22 people claimed to have received invites
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi applicant that attended last night information session/reception at Mumbai can you pls tell us what information you received regarding the interview invites and specifically for the Indian candidates- Are the invites over??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Info from a friend who had his interview in Mumbai [upon asking the adcom, I believe] - most interview invites have been sent out but some apps are still pending review and invites may be sent out through the month. Not sure if this applies to only Indian applicants.

Not hanging to any hope at this point.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.97
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Just returned from Super Interview day at Yale yesterday 11/07.

AdCom told me they had about 90 people on campus that day for interviews. This was the 2nd of 3 interviews days I believe for R1, so...there you go. There didn't seem to be any common theme among applicants I met in terms of background.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Yale '17 (A)
Send PM
Hi everyone!
I am an international Silver Scholar reapplicant. I applied round 3 last year and got wait-listed. They asked me to apply this year Round 1. I got interview scheduled on 10/7 and automatically updated to interviewed on 10/17.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
nitesh7vks wrote:

How was the dinner and the interview?

Hey - sorry for the late reply. Work was insane last week, which I think is probably a good thing, as it actually kept me from obsessively refreshing my app pages and these forums!

The dinner and interview went pretty well, thanks for asking.

The dinner was really nice. Tim Collins (Chairman of the SOM Board of Advisors) was really nice, and an impressive personality. The alumni are passionate about the university. All-in-all it was a good / inspiring event, and definitely served to make me even more excited about SOM (if that's even possible!). But meeting the other applicants was also a bit intimidating! :shock: So many incredibly qualified individuals...

As others have commented, the interview was fairly straightforward. No real curveballs. My interviewer was very warm, and did her best to put me at ease. I think I give myself a 'B'. It took me a little while to get warmed up, and I didn't say everything I intended to (including leaving out one fairly important piece of my profile that I intended to draw attention to. Completely drew a blank... oops!) ... but I still answered most of the questions fairly effectively I think. I walked out feeling decent. And then over the next few days proceeded to convince myself that I completely messed it up, but I think I've come back around to thinking that it was a 'fine' interview. Nothing too special. Not horrible. I don't expect it will either get me in or keep me out. So, I sure hope those essays strike the right chord!

For anyone interested, I interviewed off-campus in London. 13 applicants interviewed in London last Monday and Tuesday.

But I still think more invites are coming. I know waiting is hard (I haven't heard back either way from any of my other schools)... but don't give up hope!

Best of luck to everyone.

Originally posted by gracerx on 10 Nov 2014, 07:03.
Last edited by gracerx on 11 Nov 2014, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
gracerx wrote:
nitesh7vks wrote:

How was the dinner and the interview?

Hey - sorry for the late reply. Work was insane last week, which I think is probably a good thing, as it actually kept me from obsessively refreshing my app pages and these forums!

The dinner and interview went pretty well, thanks for asking.

The dinner was really nice. Tim Collins (Chairman of the SOM Board of Advisors) was really nice, and an impressive personality. The alumni are passionate about the university. All-in-all it was a good / inspiring event, and definitely served to make me even more excited about SOM (if that's even possible!). But meeting the other applicants was also a bit intimidating! :shock: So many incredibly qualified individuals...

As others have commented, the interview was fairly straightforward. No real curveballs. My interviewer was very warm, and did her best to put me at ease. I think I give myself a 'B'. It took me a little while to get warmed up, and I didn't say everything I intended to (including leaving out one fairly important piece of my profile that I intended to draw attention to. Completely drew a blank... oops!) ... but I still answered most of the questions fairly effectively I think. I walked out feeling decent. And then over the next few days proceeded to convince myself that I completely messed it up, but I think I've come back around to thinking that it was a 'fine' interview. Nothing too special. Not horrible. I don't expect it will either get me in or keep me out. So, I sure hope those essays strike the right cord!

For anyone interested, I interviewed off-campus in London. 13 applicants interviewed in London last Monday and Tuesday.

But I still think more invites are coming. I know waiting is hard (I haven't heard back either way from any of my other schools)... but don't give up hope!

Best of luck to everyone.

I had my Skype interview today with a 2nd year student and my experience was similar. The interviewer was very friendly. I felt anxious before the interview, but when it started I felt more comfortable. It was more like a conversation. However, I also feel I could have done a better job.

Good luck to everyone. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.29
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Just got done with my interview and there were no instructions as such not to disclose any interview questions. Also there were no such questions that need not to be disclosed.. lolzzz

Unlikely all interview it started with my current job role and what do I do in my job ?
After that the conversation shifted to the industry.. Since I work in telecom then the interviewer asked me about whats happening in the industry.
I am from telecom sector in Pakistan and she was from India so she could understand what I was talking about since telecom markets in both countries are similar.
Usual short term and long term goals questions followed by how i am preparing now for that role or how have I prepared so far for that role?
What if I cant do MBA ever, how would I try to achieve what I want to at the moment ?
Why Yale ?
The most embarrassing moment was when I was talking about state of the art connectivity and my connection disconnected !!!! :-D

Lastly anything that I would want to add that wasnt part of my application or interview?
Followed by if I have any questions that I want to ask.

Interview was again extremely conversational and tool a little over 35 minutes. The interviewer was from social sector but knew a bit about consulting too and tried to understand rather than evaluate what I do and what I want to do

Only advice: Take it as a conversation and no need to pre-think that this , this and this is something I will say in my interview.

HAPPY INTERVIEWING !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Yale SOM is ranked #6 in BW new MBA rankings 2014 :clap: :clap: .. Big leap from #21 in 2012 to 6th this year :king .. Big proof that Yale has the momentum on its side..
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings
(Though I don't quite agree with the BW's Claim that Duke is #1 and HBS is #8)
Now Yale is in Top10 in both BW and FT rankings (#10). Very soon we can see it in top #5 for sure.. :punk
Rankings page has useful stats for applicants :read :read such as yield for the latest class and acceptance rate.. SOM Yield is 50% and acceptance is 24% :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
CentralBanker wrote:
Yale SOM is ranked #6 in BW new MBA rankings 2014 :clap: :clap:

Wait...Duke is #1??? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
safe to say it's over for the rest of us who have not received an interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
applebees wrote:
safe to say it's over for the rest of us who have not received an interview invitation?

No, never give up. Past experience tells us it's not over till the last days.

:wink:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts