Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 14:59 It is currently 12 May 2024, 14:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GPA: 3.81
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Thanks for the replies guys. an interview call from darden now really looks dicey..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
neo656 wrote:
In person with alum. Next week.
He called up today morn to find out who he's gonna meet. A bit surprising to be honest, but we had a chat for about 5 mins. He's expecting adcom to send him details of a few more local interviewees after my interview is over.

An update.
My interviewer said during the interview that the interview reports for all the candidates who are to be considered for scholarship need to be submitted by Feb 27, 2015 (tomorrow) and that he's not expecting any more interviews in Malaysia.

that's interesting about the interview cut off date for scholarships...not sure how much i believe it though. when given the scheduling options for on campus interview it gave a variety of dates open from 2/16 to 3/7. seems arbitrary to have 2/27 as the cut off date and not mention anything? i also had a much earlier interview date initially but had to reschedule due to winter storm juno killing the east coast. i certainly hope that doesnt kill my scholarship chances!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Guys don't think too much about this. This might be a (smart?) tactic used by the schools to force the alum interviewers to submit their feedback while it is still fresh in their minds.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
Guys don't think too much about this. This might be a (smart?) tactic used by the schools to force the alum interviewers to submit their feedback while it is still fresh in their minds.

I just hope that is the case. Need an interview call to present my case in this otherwise gloomy season for me :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Does anyone have an idea of how Darden treats the interview. It's a good thing, but is it more of a final hurdle type of thing or just another data point? Trying not to get too excited, but It seems that almost 60-70% of gmatclubbers who interview are admitted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: Q162 V170
GPA: 3.82
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
So I see that final decisions are due out on the 25th. Does that include admit calls? I feel like I read months ago on this forum that calls start a day in advance, or something.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: Q162 V170
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
Bigred2008 wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of how Darden treats the interview. It's a good thing, but is it more of a final hurdle type of thing or just another data point? Trying not to get too excited, but It seems that almost 60-70% of gmatclubbers who interview are admitted.

So I'd take this with a grain of salt, cause I have no idea where he could have got this info from, but here's a decent picture of acceptance rates after interview for the top 20 programs.

https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
akueldo wrote:
Bigred2008 wrote:

So I'd take this with a grain of salt, cause I have no idea where he could have got this info from, but here's a decent picture of acceptance rates after interview for the top 20 programs.

Well I looked the GMAT Club stats page, and if you look at the link you provided it says 65% of those interviewed are accepted so it's in the range of what I said. It seems like a positive considering what their yield is.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
Had my interview in person with Alumni in New Delhi today. It was very conversational. At the end, I was asked about my biggest achievement and biggest failure.
Overall, I felt that I connected well with the interviewer. I hope he felt the same way too!!

I am glad to see that you felt the same way as I did during the interview: very conversational and connected.
It was a great opportunity for me to let him know what I am made out of. No curveball questions, fairly straight forward: describe my professional career progress and achievement, why MBA, why now, and of course, why Darden.
After my interview earlier this week with an alum, Darden looks even more appealing!
To those of you waiting invites and final decisions, best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AK2017 wrote:
sachdix wrote:
Had my interview in person with Alumni in New Delhi today. It was very conversational. At the end, I was asked about my biggest achievement and biggest failure.
Overall, I felt that I connected well with the interviewer. I hope he felt the same way too!!

I am glad to see that you felt the same way as I did during the interview: very conversational and connected.
It was a great opportunity for me to let him know what I am made out of. No curveball questions, fairly straight forward: describe my professional career progress and achievement, why MBA, why now, and of course, why Darden.
After my interview earlier this week with an alum, Darden looks even more appealing!

To those of you who have had interviews. Were you asked the "one question - tell me about yourself" or was it a more typical interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
No point hoping for an interview call now?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Bigred2008 wrote:
AK2017 wrote:
sachdix wrote:

To those of you who have had interviews. Were you asked the "one question - tell me about yourself" or was it a more typical interview?

Mine was just a big convo. Interviewer said we have a half hour and to weave in the usual..why mba..why darden..etc. when appropriate, then they just made normal conversation. It kind of threw me off at first but I really enjoyed it by the end of it. Felt very comfortable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAMIND wrote:

Yup, no point. Time to move on.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAMIND wrote:

Yup, no point. Time to move on.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Bigred2008 wrote:
AK2017 wrote:
sachdix wrote:

Mine did start with that but it didn't continue on that for long. Within a minute, there was an interjection and the interview took a different route then!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
revul wrote:
Bigred2008 wrote:

Mine was just a big convo. Interviewer said we have a half hour and to weave in the usual..why mba..why darden..etc. when appropriate, then they just made normal conversation. It kind of threw me off at first but I really enjoyed it by the end of it. Felt very comfortable.

My experience was similar to this - interviewer laid out the points they wanted me to hit and then said "go" and it was pretty conversational from that point on.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Bigred2008 wrote:
akueldo wrote:
Bigred2008 wrote:

Well I looked the GMAT Club stats page, and if you look at the link you provided it says 65% of those interviewed are accepted so it's in the range of what I said. It seems like a positive considering what their yield is.

The data for that post came from GMAT Club, so it should be fairly representative for people on this site, but do not take it as a guarantee. You should still take your interview seriously.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts