Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Account Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Real Estate (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
I'm r4!! *waves*

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V27
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
R4 too!! Good lucky to us all!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hey guys! I have heard that r4 is quite tough. Any thoughts?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview this past Sunday with a class of '11 alum currently working in PE. Below is a debrief:

- Interview was held at his office and lasted about 1.5 hrs
- Started with his background, career progression and his reasons for starting an MBA
- He was very honest about what he liked and disliked about his experience which I appreciated. He did very a good job of selling the school
- Standard questions were asked (why MBA, LBS and now etc.). He did drill down on a few of my answers which I enjoyed discussing
- Presentation was on incentivizing employees of a start up (aligned with my career and post MBA plans)
- Ended with my questions about his time at LBS, his career and hobbies
- There were a couple others working in the office and he went out of his way to introduce me to his boss who was also an LBS alum, which I appreciated

Overall I thought it went quite well. No real hiccups or really tough questions. Probably wasn't as polished on the presentation as I could have been but no huge red flags. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone on their interviews!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Updated with more context:

Interview went well (I think). Was a positive experience, the almunus was professional and asked some difficult questions about my experience and related goals.
The major questions were the general ones that you would expect with some pre-discussion about resume and background:

1)Filled gaps about resume/essays and extensively went through experience and achievements (this was fairly difficult and I recommend that you know your achievements inside and out and be prepared to explain thoroughly).
2)Why MBA
3)Why now
4)Why LBS - Be prepared to have a very solid understanding and reasoning to behind why LBS and how it differentiates from other MBA programs. I found myself defending my reasoning quite a lot, and doing extensive research prior to the interview helped with this tremendously. Link the reasoning to your goals and your prior experience and how it directly correlates.
5)I'm concentraing on entrepreneurship and there was frequent discussion/questioning about why I'd want a MBA and why not go down the path without one if I could seek VC now.

There weren't any other formal questions directly asked in any sequence following these above, however there were more 'soft' questions throughout our conversation in between those major questions above.

Originally posted by stevenwhite on 22 Apr 2015, 05:10.
Last edited by stevenwhite on 23 Apr 2015, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey guys!!!

My interview is tomorrow and I would like to practice some presentations. Do u have same sample topics? Tks!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
otaviolacerda wrote:
Hey guys!!!

My interview is tomorrow and I would like to practice some presentations. Do u have same sample topics? Tks!!!

How did it go?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: EMBA Dubai welcomed its highest intake of female students in January
We are extremely proud to announce that we welcomed our highest intake of female students on our EMBA Dubai programme, January 2015 intake. 28% of the 61 students were female with almost a quarter with a UAE nationality.  They all have a proven professional and academic track record and are tremendously engaged within their own respective industries. […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q30 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
I had my interview today. He's a partner at a renewable energy VC firm, and an entrepreneur in the renewable energy space.

It was quite formal at first, I had to show my passport etc. The presentation was a piece of cake, because it was about something that I had been dealing with at work for the past year. It was about how startups should motivate and retain talent at their firms despite lower financial means than larger firms.

The interviewer kept telling me I was impressive, and that I should just skip the MBA given my long-term goal of being an entrepreneur and angel investor. He even invited me to join as business partner in one of his new ventures.

Three out of three of my interviews advised to skip MBA and MBB. I think I need to do some thinking, but I'd rather think with some admission offers on the table. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
leu07vk wrote:
Three out of three of my interviews advised to skip MBA and MBB. I think I need to do some thinking, but I'd rather think with some admission offers on the table. :)

Great to hear your interview went well - My thought about what I've quoted above: There's a good chance they are telling you this to see whether you have solid reasoning to obtain an MBA if you have plans to be an entrepreneur. If you don't and let them sway your thinking, that could hurt your application (in my opinion), especially if you don't have a strong defense to counter their recommendation. I was asked and told the same, and I've seen it throughout my research that entrepreneurs are asked this in general as a selected question by the adcom.

Best of luck on what you decide!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q30 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Does anyone know how, and if, one applies to scholarships? It seems most say that admitted students are automatically considered.

Does this mean that there are no additional essays and application forms, like there are for INSEAD? Surely one must provide evidence of financial need, in case of need-based scholarships?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
stevenwhite

My interview was a little bit tough - with non-traditional questions - and lasted for about 2,5 hours. Fortunately, the interviewer was very kind and straightforward. The presentation was very easy.... Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V27
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
just read every 46 pages os this topic...i guess i'm freaking out already even though the interview decision will be out only on may 21st...

anyone else on the same path? :shock:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: GMAT Masterclass at London Business School
As GMAT is one of the predominant requirements to the application for our degree programmes, we hosted a GMAT Master Class at our London campus on Saturday 28th March which turned out to be a huge success. Prospective applicants to our Masters in Finance and MBA programmes were invited to an invaluable GMAT workshop run […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
otaviolacerda wrote:
stevenwhite

My interview was a little bit tough - with non-traditional questions - and lasted for about 2,5 hours. Fortunately, the interviewer was very kind and straightforward. The presentation was very easy.... Fingers crossed.

Great to hear. Looking forward to May 14th!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Brand Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
hi everyone -

I am an LBS aspiring candidate for next year. I saw this discussion topic so I thought to ask a question lurking in my mind. I have a GMAT of 700. I think I have left about 20-30 points on the table based on my practice tests but I have an interesting profile (according to some) and a potential increase of a couple of points didn't seem like is going to make much of a diference when it comes to acceptance at LBS. I am wondering though, as it would be great to have as much financial aid as possible, does anyone have a view on how much the GMAT plays a role in scholarship awards? Any insights would be valuable. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
still 10 days to go.....this wait seems so incessant....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts