Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 18:32 It is currently 13 May 2024, 18:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.26
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
nkumar11 wrote:
Thanks for your info Ralph.

Got another question, I read a couple aspirants warn others about long questions. what are those all about? Did you encounter those? Do they intentionally try to throw you off with such questions and see how you react?

Yes. I faced what you are talking about and everyone else did too. They just have a way of wording questions that is predefined and someone will be reading that off of a paper most probably. They aren't trying to throw you off or anything like that. Just that instead of asking "gimme an example of xyx" they might say W.P carey does abc and we believe ghy does pqr. Share with us an example when you showed xyz" kind of.

Does this help?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Pats28 wrote:

Congrats on getting the interview invite! For the benefit of the rest of us who have submitted the application and are just waiting at this point, how long ago did you submit your application and at what point were you invited to interview?

Good luck tomorrow!

I submitted my application on 28th Nov and I got my invite on 16th Dec. May I ask when your application was submitted?

Thanks and good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ralphcuisak wrote:

Yes. I faced what you are talking about and everyone else did too. They just have a way of wording questions that is predefined and someone will be reading that off of a paper most probably. They aren't trying to throw you off or anything like that. Just that instead of asking "gimme an example of xyx" they might say W.P carey does abc and we believe ghy does pqr. Share with us an example when you showed xyz" kind of.

Does this help?

Yep this helps. Thank you so much bruv! I'm glad I found you guys at least a day before my interview. Hope I don't let nervousness screw up my chance. Keeping fingers crossed..

btw, congrats on getting admitted! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Interview in a couple hours, any last minute tips?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
Have a good conversation with them and don't let your nerves get you! Go get em'!
:)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ralphcuisak wrote:
Have a good conversation with them and don't let your nerves get you! Go get em'!
:)

It's done bro. It went okay for the most part. I screwed up on a couple questions I guess. hope they don't hurt my chances.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Nyah, As long as you spoke and whatever you spoke made above 80% sense, it wont be the factor that takes you in or keeps you out. My interview was pretty similar and everyone who got in would say the same. They felt they did okay and all the "good" answers started coming to them just after the interview. :-D Good luck!

Kudos if this helps!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Interview next week. Already got a reject from kelley and mccombs so quite nervous . Any tips for interview? what are the case study questions like and how to deal with them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
vineet3489 wrote:
Interview next week. Already got a reject from kelley and mccombs so quite nervous . Any tips for interview? what are the case study questions like and how to deal with them?

Hi vineet3489,

We can understand you situation but take my word every interview is different and separate and best part no interviewer will know how you did in your previous interviews. So take some time to analyse your previous interview mistakes (if any) and do some stuffs to boost your confidence. About interview tips, I can assure you, you will get more than you have asked, if you go through all the previous pages in this thread. You just have to practice more and more to feel confidant. Wish you all the very best!!! GOOD LUCK.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
I have my interview scheduled in a couple of days. But I am facing two problems:

1. I do not know how to contact the Adcom on the day of the interview. I have not received any skype ID or any other way to contact them on the interview day. How did everyone contact the admissions committee on the scheduled date?

2. After going through the posts in this forum, I came to understand that every applicant gets an automated appointment confirmation email after booking an interview date. I have booked an appointment date about a month ago but I did not get any appointment confirmation email. Has this happened to anyone else here?

I tried to reach out to the school multiple number of times regarding these points, but all I get is an automated voice response saying I am calling them outside business hours. I wrote them an email today but I am afraid I might not get a response from them before the interview date.

Did anyone else here face these issues here? Please help me out I am feeling a bit anxious now.

Thanks in Advance,
Arun
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Arun, then just call them during business hours, which I assume 9-5 their time?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
greenzie wrote:
Arun, then just call them during business hours, which I assume 9-5 their time?

I called them 3-4 times between 9 - 10:30 AM their time. Still the same response.

Did others get a skype ID for contacting the school?

Originally posted by ndmba2019 on 18 Jan 2016, 11:01.
Last edited by ndmba2019 on 18 Jan 2016, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
vineet3489 wrote:

Hey Vineet, don't worry about the case study question! You'll be required to assess a very simple business situation. And it requires no expertise on any subject.
Few tips on the case study question.
* There is no right or wrong answer
* Listen carefully to the situation that will be described to you.
* Keep a pen and notebook to scribble down quick points.
* Listen carefully to the questions asked.
* They'll be only assessing your spontaneity and comprehension skills, not your expertise on business decision making.
* You're free to make reasonable assumptions, but again there's no right or wrong answer.
* Smile often to ease off your nerves, and enjoy the conversation!

Good luck mate :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
arunmechie wrote:
I have my interview scheduled in a couple of days. But I am facing two problems:

1. I do not know how to contact the Adcom on the day of the interview. I have not received any skype ID or any other way to contact them on the interview day. How did everyone contact the admissions committee on the scheduled date?

2. After going through the posts in this forum, I came to understand that every applicant gets an automated appointment confirmation email after booking an interview date. I have booked an appointment date about a month ago but I did not get any appointment confirmation email. Has this happened to anyone else here?

I tried to reach out to the school multiple number of times regarding these points, but all I get is an automated voice response saying I am calling them outside business hours. I wrote them an email today but I am afraid I might not get a response from them before the interview date.

Did anyone else here face these issues here? Please help me out I am feeling a bit anxious now.

Thanks in Advance,
Arun

Hi Arun, I understand your concern man,but don't worry at all! You don't need their Skype ID for the interview. You must have given your Skype ID during interview date selection, be online 10 minutes before your scheduled time, the school will call you. :)

Regarding the interview appointment confirmation Arun, that was an automated message and so it is not of much concern. Also try checking in your spam folder or if you have a Gmail account, check updates/promotion tab in your inbox. But, do try calling the office again to confirm your interview slot.

Best of luck Arun! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
siamr wrote:

Hi Arun, I understand your concern man,but don't worry at all! You don't need their Skype ID for the interview. You must have given your Skype ID during interview date selection, be online 10 minutes before your scheduled time, the school will call you. :)

Regarding the interview appointment confirmation Arun, that was an automated message and so it is not of much concern. Also try checking in your spam folder or if you have a Gmail account, check updates/promotion tab in your inbox. But, do try calling the office again to confirm your interview slot.

Best of luck Arun! :)

Hi Siamr,

Thanks a lot for your response. I will wait for them to call me.

A friend tells me that today is 'Civil Rights Day' in the US. And it is a public holiday. So I can't reach them today.

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Does anyone know how long W.P. Carey gives for you to consider their school if they do offer a scholarship? The previous thread mentioned one week for full ride.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Round 3 applied. Was awaiting last document to be received (exam score report). As soon as they received it, they sent invitation for interview in February.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts