GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 02:07

INSEAD R1 Results This Week!

First Decision Reported on Decision Tracker  |  Join INSEAD Chat to Calm Your Nerves & Catch the Latest Action

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Affiliations: Steel Authority of India Limited
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 23:44
One quick question people.
How long does the concurrent degree in MBA/MS-Business Analytics take to complete? Is it 2.5 years or 3 years?
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q162 V151
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 11:52
Having my interview on two weeks :) any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 23:13
ronnie123abc wrote:
One quick question people.
How long does the concurrent degree in MBA/MS-Business Analytics take to complete? Is it 2.5 years or 3 years?

You have an option to complete it as either a 9 month full time or as a 16 month online program.

Regards,
Sankalp

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 23:16
animanga008 wrote:
Does anyone know how long W.P. Carey gives for you to consider their school if they do offer a scholarship? The previous thread mentioned one week for full ride.

This year, there have been changes in the program with regards to scholarship at Carey which is why there are no separate deadlines for the students. In any case, they give about 3-4 weeks for you to confirm your place.

Regards,
Sankalp

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 01:18
Hello Friends,

Can I take 2 letters of recommendations from my previous and current Team Leads in my organisation?

Actually, I am confused on from whom to take 2 letters of recommendations.

I have following options:

Case 1: both from Technical Leads in my organisation.

Case 2: 1 from Technical Lead and other from Project Lead.

Case 3: 1 from Senior Software Engineer and other from Technical Lead.

Similarly, other cases are there.

Please suggest me the best possibility.

Thanks for Reply.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 01:53
souravpuri100 wrote:
Hello Friends,

Can I take 2 letters of recommendations from my previous and current Team Leads in my organisation?

Thanks for Reply.

The LORs can come from anyone, as long as they are from someone who has either worked with you directly for a good amount of time or someone to whom you have directly reported to. In you case, since you have worked at two different organization, IMHO it would be good to take one each from the tech leads at both the companies.

Regards,
Sankalp

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 03:28
sankalp316 wrote:
souravpuri100 wrote:
Hello Friends,

Thanks for Reply.

The LORs can come from anyone, as long as they are from someone who has either worked with you directly for a good amount of time or someone to whom you have directly reported to. In you case, since you have worked at two different organization, IMHO it would be good to take one each from the tech leads at both the companies.

Thanks for your reply Sankalp.

But Actually, I was talking about technical leads in same organization. One was in my previous project and other one is in my current project.

So is it fine to take 2 recommendations from 2 technical leads in same organization?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 23:49
souravpuri100 wrote:
sankalp316 wrote:
souravpuri100 wrote:
Hello Friends,

Thanks for Reply.

Thanks for your reply Sankalp.

But Actually, I was talking about technical leads in same organization. One was in my previous project and other one is in my current project.

So is it fine to take 2 recommendations from 2 technical leads in same organization?

That's absolutely fine as long as they have worked with you for a good amount of time and are able to recommend you to the best of their abilities. It always makes sense to choose someone who has worked directly with you and has supervised you too. Kudos please if that helps. :-D

Regards,
Sankalp

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 13:04
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 03:20
Hi Guys, One quick question, The R3 deadline is on the 1st Feb is for the all the application requirements expect for the recommendations, which can come after 1st Feb. Am I correct??
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 03:47
Hi All,

A quick question. How good is the MBA in Finance at WP Carey as compared to other B schools.
I see that WP Carey is ranked at number 3 in the US for Supply Chain management.
Can anyone provide similar rankings for Finance.

syntnghosh : any idea ?

Please take a moment to hit Kudos if you like my post :)

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 11:31
Also, if anyone can give an idea for rankings of Business Analytics too..
I am unable to get any information regarding Finance and Business Analytics ranking for WP Carey.

Please take a moment to hit Kudos if you like my post :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 19:37
Hi all,
Had my interview yesterday. Went just okay.Now, I feel I could have done a lot better.How long it takes for the final result? Also, how much weightage they give to the interview, any idea?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 04:24
Hi all! I submitted my application on 28th Nov'15. I have not got any update regarding interview. Is there anyone else who applied till priority deadline and is waiting for an interview call?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 05:14
sankalp316 wrote:
souravpuri100 wrote:
Hello Friends,

Thanks for Reply.

Hello Sankalp,

Can you please let me know about my chances for W.P Carey with GRE - 324 (V - 155, Q -169) and GPA - 75/100?

I have not taken GMAT. Is it a problem?

Also, how to convert my GPA to a 4.0 scale? Shall I use free calculator iGPA provided by WES to convert it to a 4.0 scale?

Thanks for your reply.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 05:57
Souravpuri, have you actually gone to the website and read the requirements for MBA application? Because your questions about GMAT/GPA are answered there.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.02
WE: Design (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 09:51
DeepakAgarwal1563 .. Make sure all your documents have reached the school. There was some problem with the reception of transcript and have to send the copy again, and although I submitted my application on 27 Nov, I got my interview invitation last night. Although I got bumped into the next round, but I think it is better than ding. All the best!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.26
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:29
Deepak - if you had your interview last night, when did they say you will get a final decision?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.26
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:30
Deepak - if you had your interview last night, when did they say you will get a final decision?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Account Management (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 23:56
pankajvashist

I submitted my application earlier this month and my recos too got submitted in the subsequent week. Haven't heard from them yet.
Am I supposed to send them the hard copy documents as well right now so to get/not get a interview invite?

Thanks,
Swapnil
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 29 Jan 2016, 23:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  17    Next  [ 330 posts ] 

Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2016 Intake)Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap