Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
Hi guys!
Sorry for the late post. R2 applicant here from India. In with 100% fellowship. Have till April to decide.
Would like to network with fellow admits. Interested in Gen Mgmnt / Consulting post MBA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
Admitted International Guys: Did you receive any physical package delivered at your home/office address? If yes, after how many days of the decision and what all does it actually contain?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
someone167 wrote:
Admitted International Guys: Did you receive any physical package delivered at your home/office address? If yes, after how many days of the decision and what all does it actually contain?

There is a physical packet that has been send out, but I have yet not received it.
I am an EA admit and received the mail about the packet on the 13th of Jan.

From what I have heard, it is a fancy devise with 3 videos in it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey all,

Has anyone considered going to the Poets and Quants PreMBA networking festival? Can any current students comment on whether it was a valuable experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi all! Very happy to be admitted to UNC KF. Any one considering housing options yet? I'm thinking I'd like to find a roommate (female).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
This is Abhiram from India. I got admitted to KFBS today! Are there any fb groups or forums that people are using for networking and housing related queries. There seems to be little activity on this forum.Any help appreciated. Congrats to all the admits!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
dingmaxx wrote:
This is Abhiram from India. I got admitted to KFBS today! Are there any fb groups or forums that people are using for networking and housing related queries. There seems to be little activity on this forum.Any help appreciated. Congrats to all the admits!!

Congrats Abhiram! This thread should get active later today when majority of the decisions go out. Could you tell us who called you and what time you received the call?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nitishgera wrote:
dingmaxx wrote:

Congrats Abhiram! This thread should get active later today when majority of the decisions go out. Could you tell us who called you and what time you received the call?

Thank you Nitish! I got a call from Ms. Bauman, she interviewed me for Round 3. I literally woke up with her call, around 830 in the morning. Turned out to be a good start for the week. :-D
Retired Moderator
Send PM
dingmaxx wrote:

Hi,

First of all Congratulations for the admit!!!
There are fb and https://gmatclub.com/chat groups.
You will get the details of the facebook group when your status is updated on the portal.
For the whastapp group, PM me your number and I will add you to the group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
kmartsecurity wrote:
Hey all,

Has anyone considered going to the Poets and Quants PreMBA networking festival? Can any current students comment on whether it was a valuable experience?

Hi I'm thinking about going. The P&Q Festival application is fairly straightforward too. My decision to attend will be based on the employers that will be present. After all, the festival is the price of a b-school application :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Retail)
Send PM
Does Kenan Flagler not have a verification process like all the other schools? I was accepting my offer today but didn't see any option to pay for the verification process with Re Vera, etc. Is that odd?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
kenneth143 wrote:
Does Kenan Flagler not have a verification process like all the other schools? I was accepting my offer today but didn't see any option to pay for the verification process with Re Vera, etc. Is that odd?

No, there is no additional verification process at KF. They trust us! :)
Congrats on the admit!

What made you decide on KF over other admits in your list?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats everyone! Did anyone receive information about a scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:
kenneth143 wrote:

No, there is no additional verification process at KF. They trust us! :)
Congrats on the admit!

What made you decide on KF over other admits in your list?

Oh wow LOL. A little surprised that they don't do verification but I guess one less step to worry about.

Yea man, I really like Berkeley, but I'm not looking to go back into tech or MBB, so I can't justify paying $110K + living in the Bay. I already worked in the tech industry, so I have no desire to come back to Silicon Valley. I chose UNC mostly because of the culture, location, and scholarship. =)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Just received UNC Kenan Flagler's letter and super cool welcome video in the mail (taking technology to the next level)! I'm impressed with this little gadget.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q164 V162
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
kmartsecurity wrote:
Hey all,

Congrats on being accepted at Kenan-Flagler. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you this summer on campus.

Has anyone started to think about housing? I started looking at the apartments in the relocation booklet that Carolina sent and many of them say they are getting full, though this may just be a marketing trick to get me to sign up.

In any case, do you know if the business school has a way to find roommates or are y'all just waiting until the April Admits weekend?

As far as I can tell, that's just a marketing trick. Unless you want to live on campus, there should be plenty of open spots in the apartment complexes and a number of open spots renting from private parties. I'd suggest waiting until you get to meet a few more people before you book anything.

I got an apartment at Alta Springs. It is quite nice and reasonably priced.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
How long after being admitted did you receive the mail package? I'd like to visit the admitted students site but haven't received that package yet. I was admitted one week ago (R4). Is that package the only way to get your applicant ID to be able to visit the admitted student site? I haven't been able to find my ID in anything else.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts