Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1858 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1858 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Re: 560 to 710 in 10 days!!!! Thanks e-gmat!!! [#permalink]
This is absolutely amazing! Congratulations! I think I might try e-gmat too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
aeglorre wrote:

Thank you :) Yes you should definetly go for it!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3156 [0]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
aeglorre wrote:

After reading many reviews I presume the only pick from E-gmat should be SC.

CR/RC are just average.

Well that came from the reviews I read.

Rgds,
TGC!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
I would say E gmat should only be taken , when you have very long prep period...and mostly it should be taken towards the starting of prep.
The strategies of E Gmat is cumbersome and even they accept it.....It can be suicidal if E Gmat is taken with a perspective of short term

Consider Kudos, if my post helps!!

Archit

I disagree since my experience shows the opposite; it is really effective in the short term!
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30796 [1]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Dear Archit,

In my opinion, success depends on the diligence of test taker and the number of productive hours that you put in. The success of the author of this post is evidence that our methods can be learned and mastered (90 percentile on Verbal is no mean feat) provided you put in concentrated effort. In fact, we have many such success stories. Click herefor the same. You may check their linked in profiles as well.

Once again - if you think that can master our strategies in 2 hours then it probably is not going to work, however if you can put in a solid 20 hours of concentrated study time then our courses can do wonders. In addition to the debrief by the thread owner, here are a few more:

from-480-to-400-to-490-to-610-my-journey-157800.html
680-v28-to-740-v40-in-30-days-nailed-verbal-157924-20.html
640-to-730-in-45-days-tips-to-get-163503.html (he practically studied our course for 20 days)

Dear TGC.

Thank you for chiming in. While I agree that the Sentence Correction course by virtue of the topic itself is our most comprehensive course, our CR and RC courses have also been well appreciated. As in SC, we have introduced a number of innovations in CR and RC as well. Two years ago we introduced the concept of Prethinking in CR. Since then we have helped people leverage prethinking to answer Strengthen, weaken, evaluate questions. In fact, we have a prethinking session this weekend. You can attend and see the same for yourself. In addition, our article on Alternate Reasoning is the only SM on the Critical Reasoning forum that has garnered 50+ Kudos - another evidence of the quality of content that we offer.

The scenarios when people dont like the CR course as much is when they are already very good in CR, as is the case here. I absolutely respect the student's opinion here because frankly what you should care about is getting to the target score. Since the student was already set in his ways and was performing well, he chose to continue that way.

Similarly, in RC we are the only company that teaches reading strategies. Hereis what our beta trial students said about our RC course.

Reviews

Here are some reviews that also talk about the CR and RC course. These are just a fraction of the ~200 reviews that we have:

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/e-gmat/e-gm ... -345345624
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/e- ... -345347167
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/e- ... -345345665
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/e- ... -345345675
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/e- ... -345347242
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/e- ... -345347201

Once again, I appreciate your opinion and would welcome any inputs that you.

-Rajat
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3156 [0]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
I would say E gmat should only be taken , when you have very long prep period...and mostly it should be taken towards the starting of prep.
The strategies of E Gmat is cumbersome and even they accept it.....It can be suicidal if E Gmat is taken with a perspective of short term

Consider Kudos, if my post helps!!

Archit

I strongly agree with you.

Just s query, how your ISB application went?

Rgds,
TGC!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 246
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Franz891 wrote:
Hello guys,

I have decided to write a few lines about my gmat experience, in the hope that it will help future gmat takers.
I apologize in advance for my bad english, I hope you will be able to understand everything.

I'm italian and I recently pursued my bachelor's degree in Finance, so I am going to apply to a Msc in Finance as well. I started my gmat preparation 2,5 months ago, right after my graduation.

I've figured out pretty soon that the verbal part was my weakness.

At the beginning of my preparation I used Cracking the gmat (princeton review); I suggest using it, since it gives a good overview of the test and a basic understanding of it. However, I don't think it would be enough if you are aiming to get a 700+ score.

After that, I moved to the Kaplan book, but I found it to be really useless and very disheartening (questions are too much difficult in my opinion).

Another book I used was the official guide; it's really important to get an idea of real gmat questions, so I did it twice.

I also used other material such as: gmatclub forum/books, Mahattan reading comprehension, mock tests from princeton review/manhattan/kaplan/gmat-test.

I have never got a good score in my mocks actually; in the first ones I scored 560/610/640 with a very unbalanced score (quant 42-48; verbal 27-31). I couldn't fix my problem with the verbal part until 10 days before the exam! In fact I decided to take the course offered by e-gmat (the course for no-natives); I thought that the best way to increase my verbal score quickly was to focus on SC, so I bought the SC course for 68$ from e-gmat, and it has been one of the best choices of my life!!! I did that course in 4 days, and than I decided to take another mock 1 week before the official test: 560 (verbal 27). I couldn't believe it! I tried to convince myself that there were other factors which have affected my score, and that it didn't necessary mean that I was going to score 27 on the real exam. I continued with my plan, I bought the CR course of e-gmat (but I didn't have time to complete it) and 3 days before the exam I followed one of their webminars (it was about strategy). I had never thought before how important are the first 15 questions of each section and how much your score could be affected by missing one of those questions. That webminar made me clear how to behave in each part of the verbal section, when to guess, when to spend more time on the questions, etc.

At the end I did the official test and I got 710 (Q 46, V 42).

What I have learnt from the gmat is:

1. never give up and never cancel your score; during the test I thought that it was a mess, and I was going to score 550, but it didn't happen.

2. mocks cannot predict your real score; they are useful just to train your stamina and to check wrong answers but do not get depressed if you don't score 700 on mocks.

3. you will be repaid for all the efforts you put in your preparation, probably not on the first attempt but at the end if you study well you win!

4. e-gmat is the best way to improve your verbal, in particular for no native speakers. They made me improve from V34 to V42 in 10 days.

I hope you understood everything.

Franz

Hi :)

I shall remember this debrief .

Regards
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts