Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Yale - ding; Fuqua - Accepted; KFBS - Accepted; JHU Carey - Accepted
GMAT 3: 650
GPA: 3.12
WE 1: Backstage TV/Film - 2 years
WE 2: Healthcare Admin - 6 years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
just informed UNC that I will not be attending. best of luck to all WLers...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Yale - ding; Fuqua - Accepted; KFBS - Accepted; JHU Carey - Accepted
GMAT 3: 650
GPA: 3.12
WE 1: Backstage TV/Film - 2 years
WE 2: Healthcare Admin - 6 years
Send PM
Kudos
Still think KFBS is a top-notch program with awesome faculty, curriculum, and resources. But I felt a better fit elsewhere and am declining my offer in advance of tomorrow's deposit deadline. Good luck WLers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:UNC (in) , Georgetown (app R3) , Tuck (dinged)
Send PM
mvanbusk wrote:
Still think KFBS is a top-notch program with awesome faculty, curriculum, and resources. But I felt a better fit elsewhere and am declining my offer in advance of tomorrow's deposit deadline. Good luck WLers!

did you choose jhu over unc?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
Anyone out there not able to take the ASW courses? If not, what will you be doing to prepare? I may not be able to attend and am trying to set up my own curriculum so I don't come into the program blind.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
thugginkiss wrote:
I attended Experience Weekend. It was an absolute blast. There were many people there deciding between UNC and other 'higher ranked' schools (Yale, Dartmouth, Harvard(yes i am serious)), and Experience Weekend confirmed their decision to go to UNC. Obviously personal situations and maybe some money played into their decisions, but I think it still speaks well of the program and the people. which really sold me on the school. I spent a ton of time with the first-years; they made such a huge effort to welcome us and help us out. I didnt know a soul when I showed up and was very comfortable the entire weekend. It will definitely be a great two years.

I'd like to echo this sentiment. Experience Weekend was a fabulous time - it really solidified UNC as the right fit for me, and I think it did for many other people as well. I was accepted to several higher-ranked schools, but after visiting Chapel Hill my choice was clear. Can't wait to be a Tar Heel! I hope to see some of you for ASW II!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kenan-Flagler, Fuqua (W/L), McCombs
WE 1: Entrepreneurship
WE 2: Non-Profit
Send PM
Applied Round 4. Accepted today.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Darden, Ross, Kenan-Flagler
 Q47  V36
Send PM
Applied R3, got waitlisted to R4. I checked my R4 results and they said I was waitlisted to the the next round? I'm a little vexed as I thought this was the last round. Should I assume they are waiting to see how many applicants accept their R4 offers before making the final call on me? Or am I deferred into the early-round in 2012, which I see as being highly unlikely?

Does anyone have insight into the process?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah...same here. Applied R4 - waitlisted. Anyone have any idea what that means?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools:Kenan-Flagler
GMAT 2: 690
GPA: 3.15
WE 1: Project Management
WE 2: Entrepreneur
WE 3: Real Estate
Send PM
I was waitlisted in Round 4 last year. I believe they only go to the waitlist if the yield out of Round 4 is lower than expected. I didn't hear of anybody making it off the Round 4 waitlist last year. Basically you either voluntarily drop off the waitlist or you hold on and hope for a low Round 4 yield. I waited until late June until I dropped off the waitlist and ended up applying EA this year. Also, Round 4 waitlists are not deferred to EA next year. If you don't get off the waitlist before classes start, your application dies, and you have to start fresh next season.

Also, I don't know how the Ad Com makes their selections from the waitlist, but I do know that the applicants that have made it very clear in their application that they will definitely attend Kenan-Flagler if accepted, are going to get the first nod.

Best of luck over the next few weeks. If you don't get pulled off the waitlist, I know for a fact that Kenan-Flagler looks very highly upon re-applicants. And don't be discouraged by a Round 4 waitlist, I have been told that 90-95% of the class is filled prior to Round 4.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools:Kenan-Flagler
GMAT 2: 690
GPA: 3.15
WE 1: Project Management
WE 2: Entrepreneur
WE 3: Real Estate
Send PM
Has anyone heard anything about Financial Aid yet? I submitted my FAFSA well before the recommended deadline and still haven't heard anything. My "MyUNC" account says "Aid Application in Process", and the school has not requested any additional information to process my application.

At Experience Weekend, Susan Brooks said that notifications for those who had already completed their FAFSA would be sent out the week of 4/11.

Just curious if anyone else has received their notification or heard anything from the financial aid office. I am starting to get a little anxious, as I am moving to Chapel Hill in 4 weeks, and don't want this in limbo when I move. If anybody has heard anything I would greatly appreciate any information you have. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kilian wrote:
Anyone out there not able to take the ASW courses? If not, what will you be doing to prepare? I may not be able to attend and am trying to set up my own curriculum so I don't come into the program blind.

Do you have a finance background?
Manager
Manager
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
skeechiro wrote:
Kilian wrote:

Do you have a finance background?

No, I don't. I'm currently signed up for MBAMath, and will begin that shortly. I've also purchased all the recommended text books in the welcome packet and have started working through the recommended chapters.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Duke(R3-WL-withdrew), UNC (Admit), Texas (Admit-$$), UCLA (Admit-$$$-attending)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey, I was just admitted on Monday for the final round. I know UNC says they do not offer fellowship funds in the final round, but is this just to cover themselves in case all funds are already given out? Are there cases where someone does in fact get offered $$ in the final round? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ding! (Had already accepted another offer anyway...)

LOL...and I just got an email from UNC Kenan-Flagler inviting me to apply for their online MBA program. "Join A Select Few. Apply to MBA@UNC - UNC Kenan-Flagler's Innovative MBA Online. Applications Due May 9." Haha! :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship / Manufacturing Operations
Schools:LGO @ Sloan, Fuqua, HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, KF
Send PM
admitted.

Honestly was not expecting this but certainly excited.

Congrats to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone know if UNC does background checks or follow up with recommenders? I have received no notices regarding either.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just officially declined my acceptance. Good luck to any waitlisters here!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37