Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [9]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: School Selection, Essay Editing, Resume Service, Recommendation Editing Service, Interview Service, Application Strategy, Comprehensive Services, Free Consulting
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Goizueta(Emory) Applicants (2015 Intake) class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hi Akarshank:

Thanks for the sharing the profile.

Your score is competitive for leading schools. Your work experience involves working with MNC and family business which makes it interesting. However i would like to know the achievements in both these situations. Your distance learning of masters program can be a bit weak point and also your under-graduation was not in technical area, so you need to convince the ADCOM as to how you scored well on the math/statistics/account courses. Also need to focus on the number crunching you have done in your work ex.

I believe some of the schools you mentioned like Rochester and Kelley can be dream schools and you can give it a shot. However Darden can be stretch. Please clarity that of career goals, quality essays and stellar resume plays and important role in the admission process. Please reach out to us with your profile at contact@admitpitch.com for an free assessment.

Regards,
Admitpitch

akarshank wrote:
Following is a brief description of my profile.

GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)

Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University. Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach
Nationality: Indian

Target Schools: Tepper, McDonough, Darden, Kelley, Goizueta, Maryland Smith, Simon Rochester
Specialization Preference: Finance > Marketing

Work Experience: Ernst & Young – 2 years 3 months, Family Business – 1 year

Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Re: Calling all Goizueta(Emory) Applicants (2015 Intake) class of 2017 [#permalink]
This thread seems to be awfully quiet
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Guys,
All those who have already submitted their application for R1..did any of you apply for the EmoryMAC fellowship..
I had a few queries about it?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Well, I haven't reached that far yet!
What question did you have?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Submitted my application. Phew. Fingers crossed.

PS - Applicant from India (Non IT)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
People who submitted their application around 10th!!
Did anyone receive the OPUS mail as yet??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Nope. Not email for OPUS as yet.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Just got the email from OPUS, gonna have to keep my fingers crossed to get an interview date if I am shortlisted.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM