Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Goizueta(Emory) Applicants (2015 Intake) class of 2017 [#permalink]
I applied on Jan 9th. Received the OPUS link to create network ID today. However, the TO-DO list shows my GMAT and Interview as "initiated". I sent my official GMAT scores though. Anyone else facing the same problem?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Goizueta(Emory) Applicants (2015 Intake) class of 2017 [#permalink]
FROM Goizueta Emory Admissions Blog: Ask the General - Why Service Members and Veterans Need an MBA
Lieutenant General, USA (retired), Ken Keen is no stranger to taking charge. Serving 38 years in the...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
My status is the same in opus. I forwarded GMAT scores back in November. I don't think it is an issue.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I hope so too. Will wait for 5 business days and then act accordingly!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 550 Q42 V27
GPA: 3.05
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Applied to Goizueta MBA - Can anyone advise of my chances of getting in or being shortlisted for interview.

GMAT 550 Q (56%) V (49%)
8 yrs WE in Risk Management & Investment Analysis (Inv Banks in Africa), & Consulting (KPMG)
Honors - Dean Scholarship, Best Maths Student in High School, Corporate Finance Prize in UG,
Leadership - Started an NGO, Youth Outreach Leader, Rotaract Club Head, Soccer Team Captain
Career Goals - To launch a VC fund and start a social enterprise in Africa focused on small scale alternative energy ventures
GPA - BSc Accounting from Nigeria - 3.79/5, Chartered Accountant, Partly CFA & FRM qualified
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I think that your GMAT might be a big hurdle and would be worth taking again. They say over and over in their webchat videos that 50% is a cut off for them on the GMAT or GRE, and I think the middle 80% range has a lower limit of 610 on the GMAT, so at best you are in the lowest 10% for GMAT scores. Then again, they look at all parts of the application, and I know they place a lot of weight into work experience and essays. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.46
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
philly101 wrote:
I think that your GMAT might be a big hurdle and would be worth taking again. They say over and over in their webchat videos that 50% is a cut off for them on the GMAT or GRE, and I think the middle 80% range has a lower limit of 610 on the GMAT, so at best you are in the lowest 10% for GMAT scores. Then again, they look at all parts of the application, and I know they place a lot of weight into work experience and essays. Good luck!

Got an off-campus int in about a week in person with an ad comm member. Any tips from people who have gone through the process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
afrofrasian wrote:
philly101 wrote:

Got an off-campus int in about a week in person with an ad comm member. Any tips from people who have gone through the process?

Hi - I interviewed with Libby during their open period back in November. We started by going through my resume. She asked me to talk about the project I was most proud of. She asked how my coworkers would describe me. She asked what sort of critique my supervisor might have about me. Then she asked me about extracurricular activities, both in college and since. She also asked the standard "why MBA, why now, why Goizueta?" There were also a few questions about traits you would like to develop as a leader, and also traits you don't want to have. Also questions about how I would be involved at Goizueta (clubs that interest you). Finally, she asked me if I could go back and do things over, is there anything I would change or do differently? Then we had time for me to ask questions.

It last about 30 minutes and it was fairly laid back - I was expecting something much more formal and I was surprised by how comfortable it felt. A few other people I talked to after felt the same way so I guess that's just how they are. I will say that when comparing notes with someone else who interviewed with the same person, she was asked different questions so they really are looking at your resume and wanting to get to know you during the process. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the reply keb!

I have kathleen edwards. Does anybody have any experience interviewing with this admissions officer?

Emory is a fantastic program and I'd be ever so lucky to be accepted.

keb03053 wrote:
afrofrasian wrote:
philly101 wrote:

Hi - I interviewed with Libby during their open period back in November. We started by going through my resume. She asked me to talk about the project I was most proud of. She asked how my coworkers would describe me. She asked what sort of critique my supervisor might have about me. Then she asked me about extracurricular activities, both in college and since. She also asked the standard "why MBA, why now, why Goizueta?" There were also a few questions about traits you would like to develop as a leader, and also traits you don't want to have. Also questions about how I would be involved at Goizueta (clubs that interest you). Finally, she asked me if I could go back and do things over, is there anything I would change or do differently? Then we had time for me to ask questions.

It last about 30 minutes and it was fairly laid back - I was expecting something much more formal and I was surprised by how comfortable it felt. A few other people I talked to after felt the same way so I guess that's just how they are. I will say that when comparing notes with someone else who interviewed with the same person, she was asked different questions so they really are looking at your resume and wanting to get to know you during the process. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
afrofrasian wrote:
philly101 wrote:

Just to clarify... you guys are R2 applicants, right? Asking because I applied in R3, and yet to hear anything related to the interviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
afrofrasian wrote:

I have kathleen edwards. Does anybody have any experience interviewing with this admissions officer?

I was interviewed by kathleen in Bangalore buddy..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
and? You can't leave us hanging like this:

free interview report!

questions asked?

demeanor?

conversational/business?

any curve balls/surprise questions?

had she read your fiel?

+ anything else you might add

Thanks rrai243. Where u gonna matriculate? U got into some great progs!

rrai243 wrote:
afrofrasian wrote:

I was interviewed by kathleen in Bangalore buddy..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
afrofrasian wrote:

free interview report!

questions asked?

demeanor?

conversational/business?

had she read your fiel?

sorry buddy..nothing too specific to tell.. the interview was very conversational..
we talked for about 40 mins on stuff ranging from my job to what makes a good team and how i pick schools etc..
she had a list of questions but did not refer to them a lot.. mostly her questions were follow ups from what i said..
no surprises at all.. just a nice talk.. you can give the interview without prep also...in my opinion..

and as far as the the school where i would matriculate is concerned..its kelley for now..
good luck for your interview mate..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
rrai243 wrote:
afrofrasian wrote:

free interview report!

questions asked?

demeanor?

conversational/business?

had she read your fiel?

sorry buddy..nothing too specific to tell.. the interview was very conversational..
we talked for about 40 mins on stuff ranging from my job to what makes a good team and how i pick schools etc..
she had a list of questions but did not refer to them a lot.. mostly her questions were follow ups from what i said..
no surprises at all.. just a nice talk.. you can give the interview without prep also...in my opinion..

and as far as the the school where i would matriculate is concerned..its kelley for now..

Kelly gave you good $$ or some other reason for that decision?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
rrai243 wrote:
afrofrasian wrote:

free interview report!

questions asked?

demeanor?

conversational/business?

had she read your fiel?

yes..pretty generous $$$
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
rrai243 wrote:
sachdix wrote:
rrai243 wrote:

free interview report!

questions asked?

demeanor?

conversational/business?

had she read your fiel?

yes..pretty generous $$$[/quote]

Congrats :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
So I have created a network ID and to-do notes show my interview as "initiated". Do I need to do something or just wait for the interview invite?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts