Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 07-24-2015
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Anyone take a while to hear from their alumni? I wonder if they need to prioritize their inquires and build a schedule with Kellogg...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Indian applicant here. I received an invite for a Skype interview.

Are there applicants in India who have received invites for an in-person interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
wallflower13 wrote:

Are there applicants in India who have received invites for an in-person interview?

Yup, in person invite! Others in India have also got in-person invites.
I guess they liked your profile too much, so they said - hmm..let's talk to this person ourselves :)
Best of luck buddy..hope you do well!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Indian applicant from Hyderabad. I have a few doubts about this waiver thing:

1. Do people actually get selected without the interview?
2. If yes, does the ADCOM select on the basis of the video essays? (doomed here)
3. If skype interview is a possibility as many have already received it. I do not see not getting an invite as a good sign :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: Tuck '18 (M$)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 2.7
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Does Kellogg interview every applicant or is there a filter before the interview. I received my invite just a few minutes after I submitted the video questions, so I figured they did not evaluate my application before the invitation, but I could be wrong.

I'm from Brazil, interviewing on Skype next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
After the interviewer submit the report, are we supposed to get a notification that the interview report is uploaded?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
generalist wrote:
wallflower13 wrote:

I guess they liked your profile too much, so they said - hmm..let's talk to this person ourselves :)

I actually think that an in-person interview signals a stronger interest from Kellogg :-D

Best of luck to you as well buddy :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
wallflower13 wrote:
generalist wrote:
wallflower13 wrote:

I actually think that an in-person interview signals a stronger interest from Kellogg :-D

Best of luck to you as well buddy :)

Hi,

All the best for your interviews!!

What did you guys choose as interview locations in your application? I have mentioned my location as Hyderabad, bu havent received any invite yet? :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:

Hi,

All the best for your interviews!!

What did you guys choose as interview locations in your application? I have mentioned my location as Hyderabad, bu havent received any invite yet? :(

I had chosen Bangalore. Don't panic yet. I think everyone is getting an invite or in some cases waiver. This is not the final decision by Kellogg.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Kudos
From what i understand, especially for international applicants, the school tries to find an interviewer match within the city of residence of the applicant. So if you are in the banking sector, they'll try and match you with an alum who too is in a similar sector. So, for those who haven't received invites yet, the school is most likely trying to figure out an interviewer match for you. I do not think invites are based on the preference of one profile over another. That also perhaps explains why certain individuals got an invite barely a few hours after submitting their applications/video questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
RahulSrini wrote:
Anyone from Mumbai, India got an interview invite?

I'm from Mumbai - haven't heard anything yet :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Send PM
Any idea about calls for applicants from Chennai?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
chesterstreet wrote:
From what i understand, especially for international applicants, the school tries to find an interviewer match within the city of residence of the applicant. So if you are in the banking sector, they'll try and match you with an alum who too is in a similar sector. So, for those who haven't received invites yet, the school is most likely trying to figure out an interviewer match for you. I do not think invites are based on the preference of one profile over another. That also perhaps explains why certain individuals got an invite barely a few hours after submitting their applications/video questions.

I have a different take on the interviews. My interviewer was far away from my post MBA industry. So matching was done just to find a person in the same city as yours or in a nearby city. It does not have to do anything with matching the industries. Matching is only for the locations, IMO.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Indian applicant from Hyderabad. I have a few doubts about this waiver thing:

1. Do people actually get selected without the interview?
2. If yes, does the ADCOM select on the basis of the video essays? (doomed here)
3. If skype interview is a possibility as many have already received it. I do not see not getting an invite as a good sign :P

1. Yes. Interview waivers are a way fo Kellogg saying that we can only accommodate so many for interviews and it does not negatively impact your chances as mentioned at https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... ocess.aspx (pic attached below)
Attachment:
10-09-15 7-54-45 AM.jpg
10-09-15 7-54-45 AM.jpg [ 89.52 KiB | Viewed 3376 times ]

2. Video essays are 1 additional data set that the adcom use to 'know you better' and obv they will have a certain say in total 'admission score'. I dont think video essays per se can be a reason for an outright acceptance or rejection as this is the 1st time they did not give retakes to the students.

3. As mentioned in the attached picture above, skype inteview is a possibility for people getting interview waivers.

Then again, Kellogg does mention that getting a waiver does not necessarily mean that you will dinged. So I would say not to think too much about it as you did the best you could do.

All the best to you and everyone else for the interview invites and the interviews.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
chesterstreet wrote:

I have a different take on the interviews. My interviewer was far away from my post MBA industry. So matching was done just to find a person in the same city as yours or in a nearby city. It does not have to do anything with matching the industries. Matching is only for the locations, IMO.

I agree with you completely. Since its is not always possible to have an alum in every city cater to the different backgrounds of the candidates they send invites to, it is very likely that in case they do not find a match, they schedule an interview with the best available alum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
chesterstreet wrote:

Makes sense..
SVP
SVP
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
Anyone take a while to hear from their alumni? I wonder if they need to prioritize their inquires and build a schedule with Kellogg...

My alumnus replied within a few hours as the email address I was provided by Kellogg was his personal one.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts