GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 03:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2643
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 07:24
TheLostOne wrote:
I have done mine as well, with an alumni.

Anyone know how we can see if they submitted the report? Has anyone's application status page from simply "payment received"?


I had mine on 7th Oct with an alumni and still only payment received shows up. I dont think you will see anything till December 16th, IMO.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2013
Posts: 164
What should Volkswagen do (Part II)? | MBA Learnings  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: What should Volkswagen do (Part II)? | MBA Learnings
Image

Second-year student Rohan Rajiv is blogging once a week about important lessons he is learning at Kellogg. Read more of his posts here.

I shared a framework we discussed in a crisis management class three weeks ago – a few days after the Volkswagen emissions debacle came out in the press. I thought it was time for Part II.

I recently woke up to the following paragraph as part of my “Economist Espresso:”

“Volkswagen’s boss in America offered a congressional hearing a “sincere apology” for the company’s use of “defeat devices” which helped diesel engines cheat in emissions tests. Stressing that he was not an engineer, Michael Horn blamed “a couple of software engineers” for the modification, of which he said he had no prior knowledge. German prosecutors searched the carmaker’s headquarters.”

Image

While I could have looked for a longer article with more details, this paragraph was very instructive. And I couldn’t resist throwing in the picture as well.

There are two things I would like to call out:

1. The crisis framework I shared offered four dimensions for an effective response to a crisis – transparency, expertise, commitment and empathy. It is safe to say that this response failed on all four.

2. However, that is not what’s most shocking about this response. It is the complete lack of spine that indicates a total failure of leadership. Let us, for a moment, try and forget the fact that he claimed no prior knowledge of something as massive as this. The fact that he felt it was acceptable to blame “a couple of software engineers” just blows my mind.

There are few tenets of leadership that are as fundamental as, “Take responsibility when things go wrong and give credit when things go well.”

A crisis can be a great opportunity to dig deep, go back to your values and show the world what you are made of.

Volkswagen seems to have missed the memo.

Rohan Rajiv is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year Program. Prior to Kellogg he worked at a-connect serving clients on consulting projects across 14 countries in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. He blogs a learning every day, including his MBA Learnings series, on www.ALearningaDay.com.

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: crisis, leadership, managing crises, MBA Learnings, trust, Volkswagen Image
Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 304
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 08:15
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
I have done mine as well, with an alumni.

Anyone know how we can see if they submitted the report? Has anyone's application status page from simply "payment received"?


I had mine on 7th Oct with an alumni and still only payment received shows up. I dont think you will see anything till December 16th, IMO.


Appreciate it. Do you know if all responses are sent that date, or it is just the last day you may be notified?
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2643
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 08:17
TheLostOne wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
I have done mine as well, with an alumni.

Anyone know how we can see if they submitted the report? Has anyone's application status page from simply "payment received"?


I had mine on 7th Oct with an alumni and still only payment received shows up. I dont think you will see anything till December 16th, IMO.


Appreciate it. Do you know if all responses are sent that date, or it is just the last day you may be notified?


IMO, all responses will be sent that day (Dec 16) as there is only 1 date mentioned for "decisions".
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 39
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 08:24
Any chennai applicants got an invite?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 83
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.64
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 16:03
TheLostOne wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
I have done mine as well, with an alumni.

Anyone know how we can see if they submitted the report? Has anyone's application status page from simply "payment received"?


I had mine on 7th Oct with an alumni and still only payment received shows up. I dont think you will see anything till December 16th, IMO.


Appreciate it. Do you know if all responses are sent that date, or it is just the last day you may be notified?


Mine was also with an alumni, also Oct. 7th and also just says payment received. Anyone call the school about this to ask?
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2643
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 16:11
1
eriginal wrote:

Mine was also with an alumni, also Oct. 7th and also just says payment received. Anyone call the school about this to ask?


I think we all are being restless as far as the admission process goes. The interview invite email mentioned that the school need not be informed once the interview is done. This means that the school does not want to have any correspondence after you submit your application, if there are any questions from adcoms, you will get an email from them. At least you and I had our interviews. Think about all those who are still waiting for getting their interview invites.

So let them do their work. I would not suggest calling them but for a genuine reason and this is not a genuine reason.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 16:29
How much should we read in to being invited to interview already? Does an earlier interview suggest a higher level of interest from Kellogg? I know they try to interview everyone, but it seems like those getting earlier interviews might be the most preferred?
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2643
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 17:06
smd2016 wrote:
How much should we read in to being invited to interview already? Does an earlier interview suggest a higher level of interest from Kellogg? I know they try to interview everyone, but it seems like those getting earlier interviews might be the most preferred?


IMO, do not read much into the order of invites. Kellogg's website mentions that the invites are sent as soon as people are matched with an alumnus/na for their off campus interview. If they can not still match you with an alumnus/na, they will end up inviting you a skype interview. Their website also goes onto say that you might even get an interview waiver and that this waiver will not be held negatively against you (http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... ocess.aspx)

Hope this helps.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 08:20
Engr2012 wrote:
smd2016 wrote:
How much should we read in to being invited to interview already? Does an earlier interview suggest a higher level of interest from Kellogg? I know they try to interview everyone, but it seems like those getting earlier interviews might be the most preferred?


IMO, do not read much into the order of invites. Kellogg's website mentions that the invites are sent as soon as people are matched with an alumnus/na for their off campus interview. If they can not still match you with an alumnus/na, they will end up inviting you a skype interview. Their website also goes onto say that you might even get an interview waiver and that this waiver will not be held negatively against you (http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... ocess.aspx)

Hope this helps.



Thanks, I guess I am just looking for a reason to stress and trying to ascribe some order to a random process. :lol:
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2643
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 09:43
smd2016 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
smd2016 wrote:
How much should we read in to being invited to interview already? Does an earlier interview suggest a higher level of interest from Kellogg? I know they try to interview everyone, but it seems like those getting earlier interviews might be the most preferred?


IMO, do not read much into the order of invites. Kellogg's website mentions that the invites are sent as soon as people are matched with an alumnus/na for their off campus interview. If they can not still match you with an alumnus/na, they will end up inviting you a skype interview. Their website also goes onto say that you might even get an interview waiver and that this waiver will not be held negatively against you (http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... ocess.aspx)

Hope this helps.



Thanks, I guess I am just looking for a reason to stress and trying to ascribe some order to a random process. :lol:


I'm sure there is an order to the adcoms' process but that won't be shared with the outside world. It might seem random at first but as far as adcoms are concerned, the entire process must be structured or else it'll be difficult to sift through 5000+ applications each year with minimal mistakes.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 13:57
Can someone please clarify – the skype interview happens over an audio call or a video call? Thanks :-)
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 172
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 15:24
soodgaurav wrote:
Can someone please clarify – the skype interview happens over an audio call or a video call? Thanks :-)


Mine was over a video call.
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
S
Status: Winter is coming
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 160
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 21:02
To the people who are interviewing/interviewed on campus,
Do you know beforehand who's going to interview you?
Also, would you know if it's going to be an adcom member or a student?
One final question, Did you get any other email apart from the one that was sent when you selected the time and date?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2015
Posts: 27
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 18:52
1
MV23 wrote:
To the people who are interviewing/interviewed on campus,
Do you know beforehand who's going to interview you?
Also, would you know if it's going to be an adcom member or a student?
One final question, Did you get any other email apart from the one that was sent when you selected the time and date?


1) I have not interviewed yet. They don't seem to let you know before hand who it is.
2) The email states that on-campus interview will be conducted by a member of the adcom (also briefly skimming clearadmit's interview archives seems to indicate the same).
3) None so far besides the scheduling confirmation.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 39
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 19:36
Does anyone have an idea as to when we will be told about interview waivers?
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Status: Wading through
Joined: 30 Jun 2015
Posts: 17
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Other (Other)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 23:05
Any Indians interviewed for R1 ??!!!

No call for me yet :(
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2015
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 23:07
yadneo wrote:
Any Indians interviewed for R1 ??!!!

No call for me yet :(


Me neither.
_________________

Aditto

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 13 May 2011
Posts: 200
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 23:12
yadneo wrote:
Any Indians interviewed for R1 ??!!!

No call for me yet :(


Hey, based on last year's thread, Indians often receive waivers due to limited resourses Kellogg has to interview applicants. So, don't worry too much.
_________________

Stay positive! ^.^


My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 215
Location: Singapore
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 23:21
yadneo wrote:
Any Indians interviewed for R1 ??!!!

No call for me yet :(


I have been interviewed. I am currently in Singapore, if that changes equations for me anyhow.
_________________

Regards,
J

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.

Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 18 Oct 2015, 23:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  58    Next  [ 1149 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.