Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE:Law (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
aditya0401 wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:
6 days until interview deadline and no word thus far. I guess it's time to hit the bottle. :(

As per GMAT club, 90% R1 candidates were interviewed last year compared to only 35% this year. Not sure really whats going on :(

O goodness me.. thats a substantial drop...somehow 35% doesn't quite look representative....there are so many with the self-initiated interviews as well. They alone would make more than 35...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:
6 days until interview deadline and no word thus far. I guess it's time to hit the bottle. :(

As per GMAT club, 90% R1 candidates were interviewed last year compared to only 35% this year. Not sure really whats going on :(

This year's stats are only as accurate as the applicants' user profiles. That number would rise if everyone who interviewed this year would update their status at Kellogg to "Interviewed."
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:

I dont think this is realistic. It is probably due to the people who actually did interview, did not update their applicant profile to show such. The numbers would still be roughly the same.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Offers, acceptances and salaries rise for Full-Time students

Ninety-five percent of the Full-Time Class of 2015 received an offer by three months post-graduation, as reported today by Kellogg’s Career Management Center(CMC). Kellogg also saw an increase in acceptances this year — 92 percent of students accepted a full-time offer by three months post-graduation.

The Full-Time Class of 2015 also saw a bump in median salary, rising to $123,000 from the $120,000 reported in 2014.

“Kellogg has made significant investments in the Career Management Center over the past three years. Our staff has grown by 30 percent, including individuals focused on coaching and business development,” said Mark Gasche, managing director, Career Management Center. “With this expanded team, we are able to more closely counsel and coach students, resulting in deeper relationships.”

Read the full story on the Kellogg website.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: Career Management Center, CMC, infographic, job acceptances, jobs
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Did any candidates who have already interviewed get an invite for an event with the career development office? Does that mean anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
For the employment outcomes webinar this Thursday? If so, I think that's just for everyone on the mailing list, wouldn't read anything into it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but will we see a change in our application dashboard after the interview? (i.e. interviewer submitted or interview completed) Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
ZIRH wrote:
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but will we see a change in our application dashboard after the interview? (i.e. interviewer submitted or interview completed) Thanks!

I wish! The lack of knowing if they ever submitted a review has weighed heavily on my mind of late.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
ZIRH wrote:

I wish! The lack of knowing if they ever submitted a review has weighed heavily on my mind of late.

Haha, feels better knowing other people share my agony... the interview went really well so I just wanted some verification. Oh well, T-1 month to go...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@smd2016: thanks, good to know

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
sree652 wrote:
smd2016: thanks, good to know

They've sent that mail to everyone who has been interviewed, and perhaps to others too, not too sure.

I know i was reading into it a bit too, especially when they do not have the webinar listed on the website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
A friend of mine received a large packet of marketing materials in the mail after interviewing. I did not. He didn't do a campus tour / visit, while I did. That's the only difference I can think of...

US-based.

EDIT: Not reading into it, but still interesting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
aditya0401 wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:

I dont think this is realistic. It is probably due to the people who actually did interview, did not update their applicant profile to show such. The numbers would still be roughly the same.

Agreed, it's probably a combination of people not updating their profile and people that actually pushed from Round 1 to Round 2 who originally committed Round 1.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: WBA hosts career networking event

By Tiffany Chen

Armed with a name tag and a small notebook, I recently made my way to the Woman’s Club of Evanston, a house near campus with more than 100 years of history. This was the venue for Careers Uncorked, one of the Women’s Business Association’s (WBA) biggest events of the year.

Held every year in October before the advent of recruiting season, WBA’s Careers Uncorked gives first-year women at Kellogg a taste of recruiting in an intimate setting.

This year, the event attracted a wide range of industries and companies; signage dotted the room with more than 25 company logos, including:

3M
Accenture
Amazon
AT&T

A.T. Kearney
Bain
Baxter
BCG

Colgate
Danaher
Deloitte
E.J. Gallo

General Mills
Goldman Sachs
Johnson & Johnson
L.E.K Consulting

Liberty Mutual
McKinsey
Microsoft
Parthenon

PwC
Strategy&
Target
and more

As the casual banter and the sound of heels filled the building’s atrium, 130 of my fellow classmates began to chat with the recruiters about everything from firm culture to work-life balance. As for myself, I asked about consulting firms’ career trajectories and quickly learned about the unique women’s initiatives that characterized each firm.

What I also learned was that the company representatives were extremely relatable and forthcoming. I could tell that most of my fellow classmates felt at ease, despite the fact that this was the first time we had stretched our networking muscles in quite a while.

Alyson Harvey, another first-year student, reflected on her experience.

“As someone still exploring different career pathways, it was extremely beneficial to have a large variety of companies together in a low-stakes environment,” Harvey said. “I was able to explore my interests by getting to know a number of different companies in a short period of time.”

In between networking with different companies, I chatted with another student, Maggie Hsu, about her evening. “This is definitely easier than I thought,” she said. “All the companies are really approachable and friendly.”

As I made my final round with a few remaining companies, I realized that Maggie’s experience also rang true for me. Kellogg’s inclusive community is one of the reasons why I chose to attend the school in the first place. The unique opportunity to practice networking in an intimate space reaffirms Kellogg’s commitment to making my MBA experience, as well as that of my fellow classmates, all the more enriching.

Tiffany Chen is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA program. She serves as a 1st Year Director of Marketing for the WBA. Prior to Kellogg, Tiffany worked in an edtech start up in Hong Kong.

Filed under: Career, Student Life Tagged: careers, networking, recruiting, WBA, Women's Business Association
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Its 17th of November and since I received a waiver there is no update. How can this be possible provided that interviews must be completed by the 21st of November??
Probably this is a ding. I strongly bet on the fact that Kellogg interviews everyone.... I thought that through the interview I could communicate and make a positive impression despite a low GMAT score... Disappointing!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Women’s Business Assoc. hosts career networking event

By Tiffany Chen

Armed with a name tag and a small notebook, I recently made my way to the Woman’s Club of Evanston, a house near campus with more than 100 years of history. This was the venue for Careers Uncorked, one of the Women’s Business Association’s (WBA) biggest events of the year.

Held every year in October before the advent of recruiting season, WBA’s Careers Uncorked gives first-year women at Kellogg a taste of recruiting in an intimate setting.

This year, the event attracted a wide range of industries and companies; signage dotted the room with more than 25 company logos, including:

3M
Accenture
Amazon
AT&T

A.T. Kearney
Bain
Baxter
BCG

Colgate
Danaher
Deloitte
E.J. Gallo

General Mills
Goldman Sachs
Johnson & Johnson
L.E.K Consulting

Liberty Mutual
McKinsey
Microsoft
Parthenon

PwC
Strategy&
Target
and more

As the casual banter and the sound of heels filled the building’s atrium, 130 of my fellow classmates began to chat with the recruiters about everything from firm culture to work-life balance. As for myself, I asked about consulting firms’ career trajectories and quickly learned about the unique women’s initiatives that characterized each firm.

What I also learned was that the company representatives were extremely relatable and forthcoming. I could tell that most of my fellow classmates felt at ease, despite the fact that this was the first time we had stretched our networking muscles in quite a while.

Alyson Harvey, another first-year student, reflected on her experience.

“As someone still exploring different career pathways, it was extremely beneficial to have a large variety of companies together in a low-stakes environment,” Harvey said. “I was able to explore my interests by getting to know a number of different companies in a short period of time.”

In between networking with different companies, I chatted with another student, Maggie Hsu, about her evening. “This is definitely easier than I thought,” she said. “All the companies are really approachable and friendly.”

As I made my final round with a few remaining companies, I realized that Maggie’s experience also rang true for me. Kellogg’s inclusive community is one of the reasons why I chose to attend the school in the first place. The unique opportunity to practice networking in an intimate space reaffirms Kellogg’s commitment to making my MBA experience, as well as that of my fellow classmates, all the more enriching.

Tiffany Chen is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA program. She serves as a 1st Year Director of Marketing for the WBA. Prior to Kellogg, Tiffany worked in an edtech start up in Hong Kong.

Filed under: Career, Student Life Tagged: careers, networking, recruiting, WBA, Women's Business Association
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE:Law (Consulting)
Send PM
dimitris1988 wrote:
Its 17th of November and since I received a waiver there is no update. How can this be possible provided that interviews must be completed by the 21st of November??
Probably this is a ding. I strongly bet on the fact that Kellogg interviews everyone.... I thought that through the interview I could communicate and make a positive impression despite a low GMAT score... Disappointing!

That was my hope too :( Oh well.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts