Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
Send PM
Re: GMAC Cancels GMAT Scores [Mass cancellation in India] [#permalink]
Hi Jeremy / OfficialGMAT ,

Any updates on the investigation ?

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Siddharth
Send PM
Expert Reply
jaysiddharth wrote:
Hi Jeremy / OfficialGMAT ,

Any updates on the investigation ?

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Siddharth

Hello Siddharth,

No, I do not have any further updates at this time. If you'd like to follow up or have any other questions, please contact our Customer Care team and they will assist you.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bfarooq , Nope. Couldn't so to say. Even the incident number that was given to me was only for rescheduling the test not for the investigation as such. I am trying to get OfficialGMAT to comment on this.
Send PM
Expert Reply
jaysiddharth wrote:
bfarooq , Nope. Couldn't so to say. Even the incident number that was given to me was only for rescheduling the test not for the investigation as such. I am trying to get OfficialGMAT to comment on this.

Hello,

I do not have any further information available to share around this investigation. If I do receive anything further, I will be sure to provide it here. If there's anything else I can help with or questions I can answer, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OfficialGMAT - Jeremy ,

I remember you telling us that there would be an investigation into the subject matter.

Request you to suggest the most appropriate path on how to access the report of that investigation.
Send PM
Expert Reply
jaysiddharth wrote:
OfficialGMAT - Jeremy ,

I remember you telling us that there would be an investigation into the subject matter.

Request you to suggest the most appropriate path on how to access the report of that investigation.

Hello,

All of the information that has been made available has been shared here, but if you would like to discuss it further or ask any specific questions, please call +1 (703) 668-9604 (International) or +1 (866) 739-0238 (U.S. toll-free) to speak with a Customer Care representative. These are staffed between 8:30 a.m and 4:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time Monday through Friday.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
I think GMAC is purposefully keeping this into dark. Test takers are suffering because of "SOME"-thing between GMAC and test centres. But a test taker has the right to know why he or she is being asked to retake.

Jimmy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.44
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GMAC Cancels GMAT Scores [Mass cancellation in India] [#permalink]
Seems like the case. It has been months now already! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for those test takers :-(

jimmy02 wrote:
I think GMAC is purposefully keeping this into dark. Test takers are suffering because of "SOME"-thing between GMAC and test centres. But a test taker has the right to know why he or she is being asked to retake.

Jimmy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
donkadsw , Very true. I realized for the first time that such instances can happen to *anybody* at *anytime*. We were only lucky that we came to know in just the right amount of time to scramble and apply in r1, that too not all the people I personally know who went through this. All the buffer time we had though we had by taking the exam sooner was a waste.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
jaysiddharth wrote:
OfficialGMAT - Jeremy ,

I am sorry to hear that bro!
Keep us upto date on what happens if you ever come to know. You can sue the test center, that way you'll get the required information.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Has anyone else seen these issues at the same centre in Bangalore again?

I have the option of taking it at the Pearson centre or the KHB Kormangala centre, but the Pearson centre doesn't have many free dates. Any advice would be useful?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hello,
I took exam on 4th aug and haven't received official report yet I also ordered enhanced report and have the access but after few days they blocked my link to my esr too when I enquired about it they said my score is on hold status . I was shocked feeling helpless .
I request official GMAT representative to please help and give more information on this. As my b-schools deadlines are near by and if I miss them my whole year will get waste.
Kindly help and give charity on the same.
I have heard a lot about gmac canceling score and it happens frequently
I request the GMAT to please check the test center- and dont do mass cancelation and should be case specific.
I request the GMAT representative to please help as there is no proper response and clarity GMAT help center are givng.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Rahul30 wrote:
Hello,
I took exam on 4th aug and haven't received official report yet I also ordered enhanced report and have the access but after few days they blocked my link to my esr too when I enquired about it they said my score is on hold status . I was shocked feeling helpless .
I request official GMAT representative to please help and give more information on this. As my b-schools deadlines are near by and if I miss them my whole year will get waste.
Kindly help and give charity on the same.
I have heard a lot about gmac canceling score and it happens frequently
I request the GMAT to please check the test center- and dont do mass cancelation and should be case specific.
I request the GMAT representative to please help as there is no proper response and clarity GMAT help center are givng.

I have not heard of many cancellations - who did you hear about cancelations from and what is "a lot"? You can search on GMAT Club, a "small" community of 600,000 users and you can see that there are very very few comments and all are about a hold. It seems the last time this happened was due to a corrupt test center in 2015. I don't it was GMAC's fault per se. Please provide your clarification about the "frequently" and "a lot".

The scores are held from time to time. You are not found guilty until proven, so unless you are guilty, you have nothing to worry about.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi
Thanks for response. I had no idea these things happen cause its a controlled environment. I only checked cause access to my ESR was blocked. When I raised this to GMAC store I got a response that my score was on hold. It was only then that I googled past cancellations and I found forums on various sites, including this one.This whole scenario is so heartbreaking. Any help getting clarity would be immensely appreciated.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

I took my GMAT Exam on 24th of May 2017 and today I received a mail from Pearson VUE Test Security Team saying that my GMAT score has been cancelled for reason of “T” Testing Administration Issue.

I request GMAT representatives to help me with this as B-Schools deadlines are around the corner now and, also, there are no dates available before 11th of October in Bangalore.

OfficialGMAT: Can you please comment on this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hello,

I have a bit more information, although not as much as I'm sure you are all looking for. I do not have any further information to share because the investigation is ongoing. We are pushing for this investigation to be completed as quickly as possible. However, I have been notified that the scores that have been cancelled will remain cancelled and will not be reinstated as a result of the investigation findings. I strongly encourage you to take advantage of the free retest being offered as part of this cancellation. We are waiving the 31-day retest policy for affected test takers, but you need to call and schedule the free test immediately, since you only have 15 days from the date of your letter to schedule it. As a reminder, those numbers are +1 (703) 668-9604 (International) or +1 (866) 739-0238 (U.S. toll-free) and are staffed between 8:30 a.m and 4:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time Monday through Friday. As promised, I will provide as much information as I have available whenever I have it available.

Thank you, and please know that I am sharing all of your messages and comments with our operations and customer care teams so they are aware of the details of your experiences.

Hi

Something similar seems to have happened again. Got a mail this evening saying that my Exam that was scheduled for tomorrow , will not be deliverable by Pearson VUE!

Can you plz confirm why this is happening & whats the fastest possible way to take the test..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
AOD wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hello,

I have a bit more information, although not as much as I'm sure you are all looking for. I do not have any further information to share because the investigation is ongoing. We are pushing for this investigation to be completed as quickly as possible. However, I have been notified that the scores that have been cancelled will remain cancelled and will not be reinstated as a result of the investigation findings. I strongly encourage you to take advantage of the free retest being offered as part of this cancellation. We are waiving the 31-day retest policy for affected test takers, but you need to call and schedule the free test immediately, since you only have 15 days from the date of your letter to schedule it. As a reminder, those numbers are +1 (703) 668-9604 (International) or +1 (866) 739-0238 (U.S. toll-free) and are staffed between 8:30 a.m and 4:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time Monday through Friday. As promised, I will provide as much information as I have available whenever I have it available.

Thank you, and please know that I am sharing all of your messages and comments with our operations and customer care teams so they are aware of the details of your experiences.

Hi

Something similar seems to have happened again. Got a mail this evening saying that my Exam that was scheduled for tomorrow , will not be deliverable by Pearson VUE!

Can you plz confirm why this is happening & whats the fastest possible way to take the test..

Which city is this in?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4