Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Anyone else facing trouble in fitting 2 stories in the leadership experiences question? I'm debating whether I should go back to 1 much more detailed story. But, then the question says 'experiences'. sigh!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Kudos
jumsumtak wrote:
Anyone else facing trouble in fitting 2 stories in the leadership experiences question? I'm debating whether I should go back to 1 much more detailed story. But, then the question says 'experiences'. sigh!

Hi Jumsumtak,

I think you don't need to incorporate two totally different experiences into the essay. If you have taken two or more leadership actions in one story, you can write deeply about the story and make it "experiences". Last year I did so, and got in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Hi, anyone have a hint when Kellogg will open its application? The school website says mid-Aug ...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
poem wrote:
Hi, anyone have a hint when Kellogg will open its application? The school website says mid-Aug ...

yeah, that's what the website says. I'm presuming there would be quite a bit to change in the application portal due to the change in deadline structure. It should be out this week (hunch, obviously).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Any idea when the online application form becomes available?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
I think the application is up now!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Just confirmation in the application that the open interview policy is still applicable

Quote:
Interview Instructions
On-Campus Interview Deadlines Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
On-campus interviews must be scheduled by: Oct. 31, 2013 Jan. 22, 2014 Apr. 11, 2014
On-campus interviews must be completed by: Dec. 3, 2013 Mar. 4, 2014 Apr. 29, 2014

if you request an on-campus interview, you may schedule your interview after submitting a completed application. Interview slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so we encourage candidates to call 847-491-3308 to schedule your interview as soon as possible to increase the likelihood of securing a desired date. All interviews must be scheduled and then completed by the dates listed below. Interviews not scheduled by the appropriate deadline will be waived.

If you request an off-campus interview, you will receive an email within 6-8 weeks with an update regarding the status of your interview requirement. The email will also be posted on your Applicant Status Page. Please note that if you are a Chicago-area candidate you should request off-campus, unless you are applying to the JDMBA program. JDMBA candidates may request an on-campus interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
That's unfortunate. It looks like we need to apply before interviewing. So we can't use the interview to strengthen our apps.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
DefyingGravity wrote:
That's unfortunate. It looks like we need to apply before interviewing. So we can't use the interview to strengthen our apps.

Yup rather than the part 1 part 2 scenario last year where you just have to complete part 1, you need your whole app submitted now. Also the video questions are part of the application that you need to complete prior to submitting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
I am a prospective Kellogg Full time MBA student and reside in the Kingdom of Bahrain. My questions is that if I wish to schedule an off campus interview prior to round 1 deadline, do I have to submit the entire application before the recommended date of 18th September as mentioned on the website or is it possible to schedule the interview and submit the application later once the round 1 deadline is near?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
jainpiyushjain wrote:
I am a prospective Kellogg Full time MBA student and reside in the Kingdom of Bahrain. My questions is that if I wish to schedule an off campus interview prior to round 1 deadline, do I have to submit the entire application before the recommended date of 18th September as mentioned on the website or is it possible to schedule the interview and submit the application later once the round 1 deadline is near?
The former. There is one application submit process now, and the interview request must be included when you submit the app.

Up to last year, Kellogg did it as you describe in the second option, but they've changed it this year.

Note that their off-campus submission date is "recommended" - the actual Round 1 deadline is still October 16th. If you submit after the "recommended" deadline and you request an off-campus interview, then you still might get one, but we're interpreting this to mean that there's a greater chance your interview could be waived.

Yeah, it's confusing.

EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Do you guys know where can I find the video section in the online app.? I filled a part of it but can't find the video part.

Thanks in advance:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Bytran wrote:
Do you guys know where can I find the video section in the online app.? I filled a part of it but can't find the video part.

Thanks in advance:)

I found it sorry!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
If anyone has completed the video component, if would be awesome if they can provide some explanation on the process, i.e. how do the prompts appear, can you watch the video, can you retake the video etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
westsidah408 wrote:
If anyone has completed the video component, if would be awesome if they can provide some explanation on the process, i.e. how do the prompts appear, can you watch the video, can you retake the video etc.

I imagine consulting firms are going to have a lot to offer on this topic pretty soon once they've created apps, logged in, and seen the process/every single question.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
hookemhorns612 wrote:
westsidah408 wrote:

I imagine consulting firms are going to have a lot to offer on this topic pretty soon once they've created apps, logged in, and seen the process/every single question.

@westsidah408, you cannot retake the video but there is a quick practice one that you get to do first.
Shameless self-promotion (since hookemhorns612 sorta asked): Our Kellogg essay guide was updated last week to cover the video essay. We also have posts on the EssaySnark blahg about how to prepare for a Skype interview, which is relevant to the video essay too - here's one and here's another (the second is behind the blahg paywall but the first is not).

EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Anyone notice that the education section of Kellogg's application is missing Cornell University? Apparently the only schools in Ithaca, NY are Ithaca College and Telluride Association School lol.

brb; need to type out Cornell University on my app.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts