Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
WE:Accounting (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
got the call for RD! I'm in :-D
Applied early Oct. Got the interview invite on Nov 26. Interviewed Dec 4th. Feedback submitted Dec 6th. Got the call Dec 12th. 12/12/2012! lucky 12!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hmm. Virtually all the RD invites have gone out to those who submitted in October. I guess they haven't gotten to the november pile yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I think you're right Shawshank. I applied October 30th for RD and got my interview invite today! Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
aerien wrote:
kmcduw wrote:
beehagit wrote:
Does anyone know if it's a common occurrence to have difficulty scheduling an interview with one of the school's ambassadors? I got my invite on Monday but as of today, two of the three interviewer matches have told me that they cannot do it while the third hasn't responded to my initial email on Monday. I re-submitted my request through CBS's application website and received the same three interviewers again!

I've heard that this is common. For my own anecdote, the ambassador on the top of my list's e-mail kicked back to me as undeliverable. The second ambassador replied on the same day and we had the interview that very weekend. Probably very hit or miss.

Wow! That surprises me. You would think admissions would vet the contact information before sending it out to interviewees...

Posted from my mobile device

I ended up using a different zip code for the third re-submission and got three new interviewers haha!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: CBS '15 (S)
Send PM
Vargen wrote:
Summerburst wrote:
cmf12 wrote:
Any movement on the J-term WL? :roll:

not here. the waitlist letter says they will get back by Dec 15, but I heard from admissions that this can extend up until classes start... #anxiety

Nothing new here either. I don't have very high hopes now, to be honest.

just received a ding notification for J-term .. Good luck for everyone who is still on waitlist
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
beehagit wrote:
Does anyone know if it's a common occurrence to have difficulty scheduling an interview with one of the school's ambassadors? I got my invite on Monday but as of today, two of the three interviewer matches have told me that they cannot do it while the third hasn't responded to my initial email on Monday. I re-submitted my request through CBS's application website and received the same three interviewers again!

I went through 7 Ambassadors before I found one who could actually do it. It was an even mix almost of people who responded and were out of town or people just didnt respond. Very frustrating but keep with it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call...I'm in!

RD
applied 10/6
invited 12/3
interviewed 12/11
admitted 12/14
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Final results:

Applied 10/4/12
Invited 12/3/12
Interviewed 12/8/12
Feedback 12/9/12
Denied 12/14/12

An unfortunate twist as Tuck was the school I was expecting to reject me today, not Columbia.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Nothing new here either. I don't have very high hopes now, to be honest.[/quote]

just received a ding notification for J-term .. Good luck for everyone who is still on waitlist[/quote]

Same here. I also got dinged from the J-term waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
My sincere consolations for the ding-getter.... best wishes for a successful life despite Columbia.

Anyone feels that the number of admits reported here has been comparatively higher compared to last year?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kmcduw wrote:
Final results:

Applied 10/4/12
Invited 12/3/12
Interviewed 12/8/12
Feedback 12/9/12
Denied 12/14/12

An unfortunate twist as Tuck was the school I was expecting to reject me today, not Columbia.

Sorry about your ding. Your stats are awesome, and you applied pretty early. Any idea what your weaknesses were?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For those of us who submitted in November, I guess we'll hear in the next 2 weeks regarding an interview, maybe even early january since the holidays are coming up. Pretty nerve wrecking.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:

Sorry about your ding. Your stats are awesome, and you applied pretty early. Any idea what your weaknesses were?

3yrs work experience is on the low end? Maybe recommendations/interview wasn't as good as I thought it was? Cheesy and uninspiring essays? Your guess is as good as mine. A ding analysis is underway as of half an hour ago, so I guess I'll find out then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does application status get updated after interview (on the Columbia admit portal) - I was interviewed Wednesday but no update on the site...wondering if my interviewer has not yet loaded comments...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
mrpapagorgio wrote:
Does application status get updated after interview (on the Columbia admit portal) - I was interviewed Wednesday but no update on the site...wondering if my interviewer has not yet loaded comments...

You will receive an email from Columbia when the interview uploads their feedback. And you should get a new status message. The first page will always say "Submitted" but the page that shows your status updates and interview letter will have a new update.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kmcduw wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

3yrs work experience is on the low end? Maybe recommendations/interview wasn't as good as I thought it was? Cheesy and uninspiring essays? Your guess is as good as mine. A ding analysis is underway as of half an hour ago, so I guess I'll find out then.

3 years of work experience is fine. If I had to guess, it was the career goals essay, which columbia is absolutely obsessed with. Who knows though since I haven't read your application. It's unfortunate that stacy blackman consulting did not do much for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
aerien wrote:
kmcduw wrote:
beehagit wrote:

I've heard that this is common. For my own anecdote, the ambassador on the top of my list's e-mail kicked back to me as undeliverable. The second ambassador replied on the same day and we had the interview that very weekend. Probably very hit or miss.

Wow! That surprises me. You would think admissions would vet the contact information before sending it out to interviewees...

Posted from my mobile device

My guess is that its up to the interviewer to keep their contact information up to date. Or perhaps the interviewer just made a typo?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts