Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 23:12 It is currently 02 May 2024, 23:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Submitted on 12/30-12/31. Interviewed 1/31. I received the admit email at 12:15am PST this morning. Very excited!!! Does anyone know when we find out about fellowships/scholarships? I know my R1 friends received calls from Alex Lawrence when they were admitted and learned about $$$ then as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Submitted on 12/30-12/31. Interviewed 1/31. I received the admit email at 12:15am PST this morning. Very excited!!! Does anyone know when we find out about fellowships/scholarships? I know my R1 friends received calls from Alex Lawrence when they were admitted and learned about $$$ then as well.

I was admitted this morning, and I got a separate email letting me know that I got some $$!

So if you received scholarship, you should be getting an email soon? That'd be my guess.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I am a R1 applicant who was waitlisted then invited to interview on the 1/23 R1 decision date.

My on-campus interview was yesterday 2/14 with a very sharp 2nd year student. Judging by the previous posts and interview reports, it seems as if some of the questions (listed below) asked by my interviewer were a bit unusual. However, this could be attributed to the fact that my target industry and background are somewhat unconventional. Regardless, the interview atmosphere was very relaxed and conversational.

- Walk me through your resume.
- Why did you decide to pursue an MBA?
- What are your career goals?
- What is one question that I have not asked but you have an excellent response to?
- What would you do if your industry of choice was outlawed tomorrow?
- What sort of a position would you pursue in your industry of choice?
- Why haven’t you pursued such a position in this industry before?
- What are you going to do if you cannot find this kind of position since this is such a relatively small, niche industry?
- What questions do you have for me?

Prior to the interview, I also participated in a class visit and had a few meetings with current students that I had previously arranged. Everyone I met was extremely informative, kind and willing to help. I learned a ton of inside information on the Anderson academics, clubs, events and community from the perspective of current students which was great.

Overall, it was an excellent experience and I learned a lot. Hopefully, I can work my way off of this waitlist...

Congrats to the admits and good luck to everyone else still awaiting a decision!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Congrats to all of you who were accepted! Try to make it down to APD in a couple of weeks. It would be great to meet everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
First, kudos to all the admits. Second, I was promoted from analyst to associate, I'll be having my interview in LA next week, is that the right time to let the adcom know?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mba20155 wrote:
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:

I was admitted this morning, and I got a separate email letting me know that I got some $$!

So if you received scholarship, you should be getting an email soon? That'd be my guess.

Thanks! Found mine in my spam after you posted this, and I received my call from Alex shortly after this :) Hope to see everyone in two weeks at the fellowship dinner and admit preview day!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Uhh... are R2 interview invites going out anymore? I still haven't heard back and am kind of going frantic....
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3597 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Congrats to all who got their admit. Where's the party tonight ................ :woohoo

myvitalsign wrote:
Uhh... are R2 interview invites going out anymore? I still haven't heard back and am kind of going frantic....

It is not easy to wait, but do we have any other option? :P So lets wait and be prepared for Plan B. :panel

SauravD wrote:
Submitted on 01/09 just a few mins before deadline. Haven't heard anything either.
International female applicant, working in Bay Area. Never really saw that many interview invites go out. Wondering what they are up to!!

Posted from my mobile device

But Saurav is a male name :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
There is an update from Anderson's blog. We R2 applicants still have hope!

Early Round 2 decisions released
The MBA Admissions office released an early batch of Round 2 decisions late last night. This was a relatively small group of applicants and we are still evaluating files, conducting interviews and sending out interview invitations. Some admitted students also received fellowship offers, and be assured that upcoming Round 2 and Round 3 admits will be considered for fellowships as well.

We’re excited to see lots more great applicants in the mix, and interview invitations will continue to go out over the next several weeks. A few more batches of early decisions will likely be released before the final deadline of April 3rd. Thank you for your patience as we evaluate our remaining files as quickly and carefully as possible during this peak time in the admissions cycle. Please continue to stay tuned to our blog, Facebook page, and Twitter for more updates in the coming weeks. Have a wonderful weekend!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
My husband got his offer letter 3am EST time, which means it was sent out at midnight in LA. Adcom must be working their socks off.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
so far no updates ..... any one got any recently?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Not for me at least. checked spam folder also.
what is the sender id btw?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
crimemasterGoGo wrote:
Not for me at least. checked spam folder also.
what is the sender id btw?

I m also checking it.
You should add their email id mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu to your contact list. Then the email will never go to spam :-D

also u can add all emails anderson.ucla.edu to land in inbox only by creating filters.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Oxford (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
So I interviewed for R2 on 2/6, and haven't heard anything. I know they released their first wave of acceptances for R2 last Friday morning. Their blog claimed it was a small group of people who got the early acceptance, but I can't help but feel pessimistic since I have received no updates. Several other people who interviewed on 2/6 or 2/7 were notified of acceptance.

Anyone have any insight into the acceptance notification process? Do they only give early notice to a small group of people that they consider particularly strong/compelling? I'm guessing not, but does anyone have any information regarding applicants who interviewed relatively early, but did not receive notification until later / close to the deadline?

I know all of this conjecturing is futile, but I'm trying to figure out just how optimistic/pessimistic I should be about my chances at this point.

Thanks!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I was admitted R1 on the result day and had interviewed before/around the same time as others who were notified of their admits early. I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
SocialImpactMBA wrote:
So I interviewed for R2 on 2/6, and haven't heard anything. I know they released their first wave of acceptances for R2 last Friday morning. Their blog claimed it was a small group of people who got the early acceptance, but I can't help but feel pessimistic since I have received no updates. Several other people who interviewed on 2/6 or 2/7 were notified of acceptance.

Anyone have any insight into the acceptance notification process? Do they only give early notice to a small group of people that they consider particularly strong/compelling? I'm guessing not, but does anyone have any information regarding applicants who interviewed relatively early, but did not receive notification until later / close to the deadline?

I know all of this conjecturing is futile, but I'm trying to figure out just how optimistic/pessimistic I should be about my chances at this point.

Thanks!

I have the same thoughts/questions since I'm in the same boat, except I interviewed 1/31...

I went through this thread and saw that aerien (sp?) interviewed early in the process during R1 but had to wait until the final day for an acceptance, but that was the only example I could find. Everyone else seemed to be either dinged after interview or waitlisted. So there is still hope, but I'm now much less optimistic...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I don't think we should worry at all (I interviewed on 2/7). Based on forum posts last year, it looks like they had one or two batches of admit invitations go out, and then a majority of admits were given on the final notification date. However, also looks like that those initial batches came out much later, I think in March. And the admissions blog says that they will continue to release batches, I'm guessing will be on Fridays, until the final date.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts