Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I got the same email tonight too...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Oxford (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I also got this email. It came in at 12:15ish, which was the timing of their first wave of r2 early admits last thurs/fri.

Saw the email and got very excited initially.. Oh well, back to bed!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I get the feeling that it means that we might get an interview if the R3 applicants aren't very good and not enough people from the first two rounds accept their offers. I think we're facing long odds.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
tobud wrote:
I get the feeling that it means that we might get an interview if the R3 applicants aren't very good and not enough people from the first two rounds accept their offers. I think we're facing long odds.

but now the question is that have we all received the email or only few lucky ones!! :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
i interviewed and received the email just as an fyi for everyone keeping track of those things :) best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
tobud wrote:

but now the question is that have we all received the email or only few lucky ones!! :P

I think they sent it to all R2 applicants who still haven't received invitations or even all R2 applicants including interviewed ones. Or maybe they are tired of millions of letters asking about what's going on now, then sent the mail to all applicants to stop the mounts of asking email.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
I got the same email. Similar thing had happened with another school, within moments of which I received an interview invite. But nothing of that sort happened with UCLA :?

Oh well! :roll:
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
C5z06 wrote:
APEX wrote:
C5z06 wrote:
Interviewed before wait listed. We Probably won't hear back till April so there will be plenty of time to get all those thousands in other deposits in before we hear anything! Haha wait list is rough.

Yep. Looks like we might be cutting checks to Marshall in a couple of weeks...

Seriously, 2500 is quite a chunk of change too. Curious, isn't Marshall supposed to be the better program for entrepreneurship? Assuming you would continue in that field and got into Anderson AND those were the 2 schools you were deciding between, do you know which you would choose?

That's the million dollar question. Marshall is ranked higher in Entrepreneurship but Anderson is ranked higher overall. However, these disparities aren't as apparent after meeting with students/professors and visiting each campus multiple times... Both seem great. I was planning on starting a separate thread on this topic and get everyone's thoughts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
APEX wrote:
C5z06 wrote:
APEX wrote:
Yep. Looks like we might be cutting checks to Marshall in a couple of weeks...

Seriously, 2500 is quite a chunk of change too. Curious, isn't Marshall supposed to be the better program for entrepreneurship? Assuming you would continue in that field and got into Anderson AND those were the 2 schools you were deciding between, do you know which you would choose?

That's the million dollar question. Marshall is ranked higher in Entrepreneurship but Anderson is ranked higher overall. However, these disparities aren't as apparent after meeting with students/professors and visiting each campus multiple times... Both seem great. I was planning on starting a separate thread on this topic and get everyone's thoughts.

Rankings don't mean as much as you may think they do; however, if you are looking at anything other than entrepreneurship then job placement/career prospects matter. Below is an article that mentions the Marshall debacle that happened recently.
In my eyes Marshall does not carry the credibility that Anderson does (their reputation just does not seem to be on par with Anderson’s), and thus hits career prospects. Another thing that turned me off of Marshall was the building and their facilities. Relative to the Anderson campus, Marshall just seems to be a dump. If I am shelling out this kind of money and spending 2 years at a place, I want to look forward to going to class. These are just my opinions and there was plenty more that went into my decision, but I love California and would like to end up out there so I looked into most of the programs in the state and simply came to the conclusion that Marshall was far from the caliber program that Anderson is. (just like I see Stanford as far and away better than Anderson) But it all depends on the person and what you are looking for.

https://poetsandquants.com/2012/11/04/ho ... ob-offers/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Apex - looking at previous threads, were the R1 waitlisters that did hear back 2-3 weeks after interviewing mostly dings, admits or staying on the waitlist? I'd imagine they wait till the R2 deadline to reject or keep on the WL. I interviewed on the 4th, just trying to limit how often i refresh my email/check my phone/check my status.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I also got the email from Anderson this weekend and then checked my app status and my reviewers are gone. Hopefully this is a good sign! I interviewed on 2/4 and am waiting anxiously to hear back.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrmeh wrote:
I also got the email from Anderson this weekend and then checked my app status and my reviewers are gone. Hopefully this is a good sign! I interviewed on 2/4 and am waiting anxiously to hear back.

Hmm my interviewers are gone as well
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
thebdouglas wrote:
Rankings don't mean as much as you may think they do; however, if you are looking at anything other than entrepreneurship then job placement/career prospects matter. Below is an article that mentions the Marshall debacle that happened recently.
In my eyes Marshall does not carry the credibility that Anderson does (their reputation just does not seem to be on par with Anderson’s), and thus hits career prospects. Another thing that turned me off of Marshall was the building and their facilities. Relative to the Anderson campus, Marshall just seems to be a dump. If I am shelling out this kind of money and spending 2 years at a place, I want to look forward to going to class. These are just my opinions and there was plenty more that went into my decision, but I love California and would like to end up out there so I looked into most of the programs in the state and simply came to the conclusion that Marshall was far from the caliber program that Anderson is. (just like I see Stanford as far and away better than Anderson) But it all depends on the person and what you are looking for.

https://poetsandquants.com/2012/11/04/ho ... ob-offers/

Excellent insight, Douglas. Thanks for the input.

I have created a separate thread on this topic for us and others to further discuss: ucla-anderson-vs-usc-marshall-147910.html#p1187101

mm2000 wrote:
Apex - looking at previous threads, were the R1 waitlisters that did hear back 2-3 weeks after interviewing mostly dings, admits or staying on the waitlist? I'd imagine they wait till the R2 deadline to reject or keep on the WL. I interviewed on the 4th, just trying to limit how often i refresh my email/check my phone/check my status.

You are correct, mm2000. It looks like the waitlisters in previous threads who had decisions rendered 2-3 weeks after their interview were admitted. Others were notified on the next round's decision date. However, I highly doubt this is a steadfast rule so we'll see how the waitlist is handled this year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
jon757 wrote:
mrmeh wrote:

Same here - fingers crossed...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Good luck to you guys. Knock on wood, I think the interviewers disappearing is a good sign since it was for me. If you get in congrats and I hope to see you guys at one of the admit events.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Where do you see "reviewers are gone" or "interviewers are gone" in your application status? Mine is SUBMITTED from the date I submitted, then interviewed on Campus, till now. It stays the same. Please lemme know where you guys see the change. Omgggg.

dman25 wrote:
jon757 wrote:
mrmeh wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Wait for reply online. I am anxious now. Where do you guys see the change? I am freaking out now...

dman25 wrote:
jon757 wrote:
mrmeh wrote:

[/quote]
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts