Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Recd. the email yesterday, got rejected.

I sent out an email to my interviewers to get a feedback on my application so I could try and strengthen my application for the next term. One of them replied and he said that he did not expect me to get rejected. I guess, even after the preselection stage, the interview performance is not the only criteria for the final admission.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for Sept 15 intake?
Please let me know who can add me to the group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone.
is there a facebook group created for Sept 15 intake?
Current Student
Send PM
orangeterror wrote:
Hello everyone.
is there a facebook group created for Sept 15 intake?

Yes, a facebook group for S15 has already been created. You will receive a link for the group in an intro letter shortly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi,

Couldn't find a separate discussion for those who applied for Jan 16 intake. Has anyone applied recently for Jan 16 intake? Have you received any letters from school?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would like to get in touch with the admitted students from India to gather more information on loans, visa and other related processes.
Please PM me.

I would also like to get in touch with all admitted students and learn about their plans before and after moving to Paris.
Anyone planning to enroll for the french 9-day workshop before the classes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
orangeterror wrote:
I would like to get in touch with the admitted students from India to gather more information on loans, visa and other related processes.
Please PM me.

I would also like to get in touch with all admitted students and learn about their plans before and after moving to Paris.

Hi, I'm not from India but curious what this 9-day French workshop is? I would be interested in attending but don't see any information on it on HEC's admitted site. Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
wishingpraying wrote:
orangeterror wrote:
Please PM me.

Hi, I'm not from India but curious what this 9-day French workshop is? I would be interested in attending but don't see any information on it on HEC's admitted site. Thanks!

The 9-day workshop covers the basics of French language and culture. It will be useful for participants who have not studied French at all. If you have a basic idea of the language you can probably skip it. Anyways, you will be having French language as a mandatory subject in core 1 and core 2. Those who are already fluent in French have to opt for another language.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
The career report says that 50% of graduates in 2014 found jobs in Europe. It also looks like 50% of those graduates are non-European. Does anyone happen to know if the 50% non-Europeans are typically fluent in French, German, etc.?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
wishingpraying wrote:
The career report says that 50% of graduates in 2014 found jobs in Europe. It also looks like 50% of those graduates are non-European. Does anyone happen to know if the 50% non-Europeans are typically fluent in French, German, etc.?

Very few. Most of the Non-Europeans do not speak French, German, etc so fluently. Language is not a big barrier as most of the the firms which recruit MBAs offer English speaking roles. The only problem faced by some candidates is getting their work visa sponsored by the firm. But usually It is the smaller firms and startups which avoid hiring people who require work visas as they have a low budget and cannot afford to pay the sponsorship fees. Large firms such as BCG and Goldman Sachs do not mind sponsoring the visa if they find the candidate to be good enough for the job as they have a much larger budget and the sponsorship fee is like small change for them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zat wrote:
wishingpraying wrote:

Very few. Most of the Non-Europeans do not speak French, German, etc so fluently. Language is not a big barrier as most of the the firms which recruit MBAs offer English speaking roles. The only problem faced by some candidates is getting their work visa sponsored by the firm. But usually It is the smaller firms and startups which avoid hiring people who require work visas as they have a low budget and cannot afford to pay the sponsorship fees. Large firms such as BCG and Goldman Sachs do not mind sponsoring the visa if they find the candidate to be good enough for the job as they have a much larger budget and the sponsorship fee is like small change for them.

how do the companies hire the students at HEC?
Is it just through Career fairs or through campus placements (companies come to campus with a number in mind, review resumes and interview a bunch of students)?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
orangeterror wrote:
zat wrote:
wishingpraying wrote:

how do the companies hire the students at HEC?
Is it just through Career fairs or through campus placements (companies come to campus with a number in mind, review resumes and interview a bunch of students)?

Both. Career fairs and company events are held at least once a month at the campus. Some firms also come for on-campus recruitment. However, keep in mind that networking is very essential. The number of people who get recruited through networking (i.e. career fairs, LinkedIn, contacting alumni, online applications, etc) is much higher than the number of people who get placed through on-campus recruitment.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: HEC Paris network: MBA alumni in London
From banking to entrepreneurship, HEC Paris alumni can be found in a variety of industries around the world. Here, some of our London based MBA alumni, talk about their careers, the global HEC Paris network and how the MBA program helped them achieve their professional ambitions.

For more on these alumni and their MBA story, watch some of our Alumni profiles.

The post HEC Paris network: MBA alumni in London appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM