It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 13:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 09:44
anvitpjha wrote:
sirlancelot wrote:
Hi,

Just completed my first interview today and it wasn't as good as I had expected. Now my only chance is to perform well in the second interview which is on 2nd Feb.
So I wanted to know whether I can use a different presentation in my second interview. Any inputs?

Hi sirlancelot,

My take, stick to the same presentation. Just preparing a new one will be an unnecessary headache and think about the time you have to spend preparing. Presentations are just an avenue to gauge your innovative mindset. As far as interview goes, you can never measure how well you fared in the interview so just be calm and give the second one. Think of the interview as an avenue to connect yourself to a college representative. HEC has already certified you academically, but they still want to know how well you will gel with the students, whether you are a right fit. Thats where interview helps.

Be honest with yourself and bang the second interview :-D

Anvit

Thanks for the advice Anvit! I totally agree with your point.
I was planning to make two different presentations, each one related to the sector in which the interviewer is working. I believe that this way it would be more interesting for them and I will be able to keep them hooked throughout my presentation. The flip side is that they will be highly conversant in these topics and I have to be well prepared for the questions round. I have my interview on Wednesday (4th February, 2015). Hoping to complete my presentation tonight otherwise I will have to go with the first presentation only. :lol:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 10:06
zat wrote:
sirlancelot wrote:
Hi,

Just completed my first interview today and it wasn't as good as I had expected. Now my only chance is to perform well in the second interview which is on 2nd Feb.
So I wanted to know whether I can use a different presentation in my second interview. Any inputs?

Hi sirlancelot,

Agree with wishingpraying. You can use the same presentation in both your interviews or make two different presentations. It is totally up to you.

Hi zat! Thanks for your inputs.
I was one of the visitors in the Open Day held on HEC Campus on 31st January, 2015. It would have been nice to meet you in person but I forgot to message you in advance. The campus is really beautiful and I just fell in love with the state of the art MBA building! Also enjoyed the networking cocktail session with the current students. It was a great decision to visit the campus. I hope I make it to HEC.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 10:09
wishingpraying wrote:
sirlancelot wrote:
Hi,

Hi there, I doubt that you need to use the same presentation. The presentation is more about how you put together information and present it (showing dedication and purpose). I had my interviews recently and both interviewers didn't seem to need to keep the presentation, take notes, etc. It's more about general feeling about how you present. Good luck with your second interview!

Hi wishingpraying! Thank you for your advice and the wishes. Really need that luck in this interview! :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 10:24
Stan17 wrote:
Ajinkya87 wrote:
While I wait to hear my application decision in 4 days from now, my mind can not help but think about the outcome and make random calculations of my chances for getting in HEC. Does anyone know the stats for admission/rejection after the interview stage?

I heard acceptance rate post interview is close to 80%
Could somebody please validate the same?

Hi Ajinkya87 and Stan17!
I visited the HEC campus and got the opportunity to speak with HEC student ambassadors about the interview selection criteria and chances of converting an interview call. The general opinion was that HEC filters most of the candidates in the first two rounds before the interview. That is why the chances of converting your interview are somewhere around 60-70%. However, keep in mind that the school has been ranked No.4 in the world by the Economist and recently it jumped 5 positions in the FT rankings as well to No.16. Due to these factors, HEC has received the highest ever number of applications this year (as mentioned by one of the students). Even the number of participants who visited the campus on the Open Day was around 150 which they said is the highest till date.
Considering these factors I would say that the competition might be slightly higher this year so be prepared for that.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 11:54
Hi everyone, I'm getting nervous waiting for my final decision. I had my interviews recently and thought they went well, but I suppose you just never know. I've read most places that acceptance rate (upon interviewing) is 75-80% but it seems like it's actually much lower. In the final round, does anyone know what they take into consideration exactly? Are they just vetting you through the feedback from interviews? Or will they reconsider other factors? One area of concern that's been brought up was my quant score on my GMAT so now I'm freaking out, thinking that will be another sore spot on my overall application and hinder me from getting accepted.

Any insight you guys may have would be great. Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 13:12
wishingpraying wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm getting nervous waiting for my final decision. I had my interviews recently and thought they went well, but I suppose you just never know. I've read most places that acceptance rate (upon interviewing) is 75-80% but it seems like it's actually much lower. In the final round, does anyone know what they take into consideration exactly? Are they just vetting you through the feedback from interviews? Or will they reconsider other factors? One area of concern that's been brought up was my quant score on my GMAT so now I'm freaking out, thinking that will be another sore spot on my overall application and hinder me from getting accepted.

Any insight you guys may have would be great. Thank you!

Hi wishingpraying,

As mentioned on the HEC website, the Admissions Jury looks at every aspect of your application before making their decision.

"Once the interviews have been carried out, our Admissions Jury will then meet to discuss and decide upon your application. The Admissions Jury is an official meeting attended by Representatives of the French Ministry of Education, of HEC Paris Alumni and of the MBA Faculty, as well as the Dean and Associate Dean of HEC Paris. They will review every aspect of your application, from your essays to your recommendations and performance in the interviews.

This meeting has three possible outcomes for your application: you may be admitted onto the program, not admitted, or placed on the official Waiting List. You will be informed of the jury's decision within hours. We hold 12 Admissions Juries per year."

Here's a link to the page: http://www.mba.hec.edu/Admissions/Application-Process
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 13:25
Thank you zat. I thought I read somewhere that final decision takes 2 weeks after interviews take place. Is that accurate? Does HEC post their jury meetings anywhere so I can expect when I might hear back?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 18:30
wishingpraying wrote:
Thank you zat. I thought I read somewhere that final decision takes 2 weeks after interviews take place. Is that accurate? Does HEC post their jury meetings anywhere so I can expect when I might hear back?

You'll find the decision dates here:
http://www.mba.hec.edu/Admissions/Admissions-Deadlines

You can expect your decision on 6th February hopefully.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 22:58
sirlancelot wrote:
Stan17 wrote:
Ajinkya87 wrote:
While I wait to hear my application decision in 4 days from now, my mind can not help but think about the outcome and make random calculations of my chances for getting in HEC. Does anyone know the stats for admission/rejection after the interview stage?

Hi Ajinkya87 and Stan17!
I visited the HEC campus and got the opportunity to speak with HEC student ambassadors about the interview selection criteria and chances of converting an interview call. The general opinion was that HEC filters most of the candidates in the first two rounds before the interview. That is why the chances of converting your interview are somewhere around 60-70%. However, keep in mind that the school has been ranked No.4 in the world by the Economist and recently it jumped 5 positions in the FT rankings as well to No.16. Due to these factors, HEC has received the highest ever number of applications this year (as mentioned by one of the students). Even the number of participants who visited the campus on the Open Day was around 150 which they said is the highest till date.
Considering these factors I would say that the competition might be slightly higher this year so be prepared for that.

Thanks for the info, Stan17 and sirlancelot. Let's just hope that we don't end up being a part of those 30-40% unlucky people. 3 more days!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.8
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 00:49
Stan17 wrote:
Ajinkya87 wrote:

Hi Stan17,

Looking back, I was also in the same boat, searching fanatically for that magic post interview admission rate %. But after sometime I thought, considering HEC is having less seats and that the alumni and not admission committee is conducting the interviews, they might not send huge interview requests. So, as per my thought process, HEC has already certified you and unless you piss off interviewer big time :-P, your application wont be declined.

Anvit
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 05:45
anvitpjha wrote:
Stan17 wrote:
Ajinkya87 wrote:

Hi Stan17,

Looking back, I was also in the same boat, searching fanatically for that magic post interview admission rate %. But after sometime I thought, considering HEC is having less seats and that the alumni and not admission committee is conducting the interviews, they might not send huge interview requests. So, as per my thought process, HEC has already certified you and unless you piss off interviewer big time :-P, your application wont be declined.

Anvit

You have a point there and I just hope it is true. Preparing for my interview tomorrow and am already having so many negative thoughts in my mind. Got dinged after the interview by HEC last year as my GMAT score (670) was low according to the selection committee. Anyways, I have 740 this time so at least I've got that base covered. 8-)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 10:03
Hi Sirlancelot, I scored 670 on my GMAT so I'm anxious that it will affect my chances at HEC post-interview. Would you mind letting me know if your interviews went well last year? I know there's no point in worrying at this point but I can't help it!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 12:35
The admissions jury is not until 12pm CET on Thursday 5th.
Get ready to hear the news on 6th.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 14:46
wishingpraying wrote:
Hi Sirlancelot, I scored 670 on my GMAT so I'm anxious that it will affect my chances at HEC post-interview. Would you mind letting me know if your interviews went well last year? I know there's no point in worrying at this point but I can't help it!

My interviews went well last year but one of my interviewers had pointed out that I have a low GMAT score compared to the applicant cohort having profiles similar to mine. I guess it also depends on other factors. For instance, I met an engineer from India during the Open Day who had a score of 690 and still her application had been put on hold just because her GMAT score was lower than the average GMAT score for the cohort of "Indian applicants having engineering degrees" which is higher than 700 (as mentioned by her). On the other hand, there were also candidates from countries such as Azerbaijan and Romania having GMAT scores in the range of 660-680 who had already been admitted.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 21:26
shank001 wrote:
Get ready to hear the news oonn 6th.

Looking at previous year's posts, the results will not be available till 12 PM CET on the 6th, so roughly 4-5 PM IST. ~54 hours countdown :eh:

Last edited by Ajinkya87 on 04 Feb 2015, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 22:56
Ajinkya87 wrote:
shank001 wrote:

Looking at previous year's posts, the results will not be available till 12 PM CET on the 6th, so roughly 4-5 PM IST. ~30 hours countdown :eh:

All the best guys! I am on my way for my second interview. Hope it goes well.
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (S)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 23:04
Ajinkya87 wrote:
shank001 wrote:

Looking at previous year's posts, the results will not be available till 12 PM CET on the 6th, so roughly 4-5 PM IST. ~30 hours countdown :eh:

Hi Ajinkya87, it is good to know. I haven't been so anxious for long now.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 00:55
shank001 wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
wouldn't it be more prudent to confirm with them?
shank001 wrote:
HEC paris is asking for official transcripts.
Do they mean sealed transcripts or notarized copies are also fine?

I received transcripts from my college when I graduated. Can i send notarized copies of transcripts to HEC as the official transcripts will take a lot of time to reach paris?

already did. but posting here gets a faster response

Hi, Apologies for the late response - hoping this would still matter.

Notarized copies or copies stamped by your college's dean are fine. I had sent the same.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 01:47
wishingpraying wrote:

Hi wishingpraying,

don't worry about the GMAT now -just hope for the best. My GMAT score is 650 and I got accepted. Many other factors beside the GMAT score are taken into consideration.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 08:48
binmahmood wrote:
wishingpraying wrote:

Hi wishingpraying,

don't worry about the GMAT now -just hope for the best. My GMAT score is 650 and I got accepted. Many other factors beside the GMAT score are taken into consideration.

Appreciate the encouragement, Binmahmood and Sirlancelot :)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2015, 08:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 303 posts ] 

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap