GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 15:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 03:58
angelfire213 wrote:
just got pre-selected!

Any tips on the presentation?

Just be confident and be yourself. content doesn't matter as much as your confidence and presentation skills do.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 10:35
angelfire213 wrote:
just got pre-selected!

Any tips on the presentation?

Any topic is fine as long as it relates to you in some way and you can answer questions related to it.
Try to make it interesting with few images. Stats are fine but dont go overboard with them.
Try to explain with examples and keep your interviewer interested.

My interviewer asked me for a copy of presentation because he wanted to read more about it.

Overall the presentation topic does not matter that much. What matters is your presentation and communication style.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2015, 02:51
cyrill001 wrote:
Hi,

Couldn't find a separate discussion for those who applied for Jan 16 intake. Has anyone applied recently for Jan 16 intake? Have you received any letters from school?

Hi cyrill001,
Good to see January 2016 applicants start so early. Thread for January 2016 Intake has been created recently. Here's the link:
calling-all-hec-applicants-jan-2016-intake-class-of-193132.html
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: HEC Dec '17
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2015, 11:27
Does anybody know what percentages of applicants are invited to HEC Paris interview? And of this percentage how many are accepted?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2015, 14:00
Mortiz88 wrote:
Does anybody know what percentages of applicants are invited to HEC Paris interview? And of this percentage how many are accepted?

Acceptance rate is 20% - http://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/03/th ... schools/2/
Roughly 70% of those interviewed are made an offer of admission - you can find this info in previous posts on this forum.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 07:24
where do most of the strategy guyz do their internship and jobs?
I would really appreciate if a current student can share this information.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2015, 02:25
orangeterror wrote:
where do most of the strategy guyz do their internship and jobs?
I would really appreciate if a current student can share this information.

Hi orangeterror,

I haven't been keeping a track of students pursuing Strategy roles but I would suggest that you go through the Career Choices report which has been uploaded on Page 1 of this thread. You will find most of the details there. Also, you can check out alumni profiles on LinkedIn.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 03:00
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Student Voices: Latin American Cultural Week
Vanessa Garay, HEC Paris MBA, Class of 2016

What is it like to be a student at HEC Paris MBA? Student Voices is a student contributed section where current students share their first-hand experiences of life on campus and beyond.

Having the opportunity to share our cultures with our fellow MBAs through Cultural weeks is trulyamazing. I believe it is really important to show our peers that Latin America is not necessarily what is presented in the news show or what tourists have said about it. From my point of view, it is our duty to tell our fellow MBAs about the many positives of Latin America and to share with them what makes our countries beautiful. Personally, I feel like an ambassador for Peru, so I really enjoy sharing the wonders my country has to offer.

One of the main reasons why I chose to do my MBA at HEC Paris was the diversity. Because of the diversity of my class, I feel like I am obtaining a global outlook by learning from people who possess different ways of thinking and doing things. It has also allowed me to learn from different cultures first-hand, whilst developing a professional network from which, I am sure, I will benefit in the future.   Within the Latin American community, I have benefited from the understanding of our similarities and the relations among the countries. In addition, I got to know the working cultures of these countries, which I found important since there are many Latin American companies that have operations in Peru.

The events kicked off on February 4th with a fair in which all the Latin-American countries were represented. This fair allowed us to display a little of our cultures through snacks, drinks, and images of our countries. It was satisfying to see so many people from all over the world discovering and enjoying our colors and flavors. During the fair, we also enjoyed some Salsa and Argentinian Tango displays so the crowd could experience and enjoy some Latin American rhythms.

The next day we organized a Mexican dinner that was a huge success: we sold the 110 tickets available in just one day. During dinner, a Mariachi band performed special song requests and delighted people with both happy and emotional songs, while students drank margaritas made by part of the Mexican gang.  After this, we had an all‐night party at the Piano Bar that included beating and breaking a candy-filled Piñata. People enjoyed modern songs from all over Latin America, including the well-known rhythms of Reggaeton, Salsa and Bachata, among others.

I found organizing the Latin week as a rewarding and educational opportunity. Leading and organizing these events for around 200 people, while I managed my time in order to fulfill my academic responsibilities, was a great experience. However, I have to say that for me the highlight of all this was to see how much all of us enjoyed the activities we organized, and the satisfaction we, the Latin American community, shared at the end of the Latin week. I personally believe that discovering new cultures and experiencing other customs has allowed me to understand different ways of thinking and to obtain knowledge I cannot obtain from just books. Therefore, I am really looking forward to all the cultural weeks that will take place in the next weeks, especially because I haven’t been in any of the countries that will be presented in the cultural weeks to come.

The post Student Voices: Latin American Cultural Week appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 07:02
Paid my deposit yesterday.
See you guyz in september.

cheers!!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 08:52
orangeterror wrote:
Paid my deposit yesterday.
See you guyz in september.

cheers!!

Welcome on board. See you in September! :)
Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 09:35
had my 1/2 interviews today..... it went ok....the in person one seems more daunting... they ask a LOT more questions than the US schools I think
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 16:33
angelfire213 wrote:
had my 1/2 interviews today..... it went ok....the in person one seems more daunting... they ask a LOT more questions than the US schools I think

Hi angelfire213,

Good to hear that you are halfway through the interviews. The number of questions, type of interview(stress/relaxed), etc depends on the interviewer. In our intake some people had very lengthy and grilling interviews whereas the others got very chilled out interviewers who just had a brief conversation to understand whether they were a good fit for HEC. This is the reason HEC has two interviews. They try to eliminate bias as much as possible.
Good luck for your second interview!
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 16:35
Hey, if you don't mind - I'd love to PM you some questions. didn't realize there were current schools on here.

Thanks! i'm a francophile so the entire time I was distracted by my interviewers accent
zat wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:

Hi angelfire213,

Good to hear that you are halfway through the interviews. The number of questions, type of interview(stress/relaxed), etc depends on the interviewer. In our intake some people had very lengthy and grilling interviews whereas the others got very chilled out interviewers who just had a brief conversation to understand whether they were a good fit for HEC. This is the reason HEC has two interviews. They try to eliminate bias as much as possible.
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2015, 17:18
any of the current applicants based in the US?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2015, 11:50
angelfire213 wrote:
any of the current applicants based in the US?

I am
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2015, 17:00
angelfire213 wrote:
Hey, if you don't mind - I'd love to PM you some questions. didn't realize there were current schools on here.

Thanks! i'm a francophile so the entire time I was distracted by my interviewers accent
zat wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:

Hi angelfire213,

Sure you can PM me your questions.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2015, 21:54
Thanks. I was searching the same information since many months. Thanks for your hard work.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 10:32
Hi, did any Feb admits attend the info session today about housing, insurance, etc.?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 14:50
wishingpraying wrote:
Hi, did any Feb admits attend the info session today about housing, insurance, etc.?

I did. it was general information. Everything is available on the website link that we received in the admission email.
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2015, 04:53
For those of you that submitted Feb 1 - Jury meets today! 2 more days till decision day!
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 04 Mar 2015, 04:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  16    Next  [ 303 posts ] 

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap