Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q750 V680
GPA: 2.7
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hi,

I am preparing my application for Round 3 with focus on healthcare management. Wondering if there is a current student or anyone else who could comment on what it takes and what it is like to pursue HCM at Yale or if there is a set number of candidates that yale fills every year to enhance this program?

Thanks,
MM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Anyone think there's a chance we hear back sooner than the 27th?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
spp1188 wrote:

I'd also like to know this. How did it work last round? Based on this forum, acceptances seem to have been trickling out. Maybe they have 2-4 big "decision release" dates per round? Ideas?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
aereed89 wrote:
spp1188 wrote:

I'd also like to know this. How did it work last round? Based on this forum, acceptances seem to have been trickling out. Maybe they have 2-4 big "decision release" dates per round? Ideas?

I don't think so. I just looked back at the posts for Rd1 and they seemed to all come on the decision day.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
bmcrhino wrote:
aereed89 wrote:
spp1188 wrote:

I don't think so. I just looked back at the posts for Rd1 and they seemed to all come on the decision day.

That may be true. Their language about hearing "by the 27th" made me optimistic that we'd hear sooner.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My adcom interviewer specifically said no to expect any news before the 27th. I guess we'll have to wait.

I don't think so. I just looked back at the posts for Rd1 and they seemed to all come on the decision day.[/quote]

That may be true. Their language about hearing "by the 27th" made me optimistic that we'd hear sooner.[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Kudos
Yup, it's always been on the decision day only, first calls going out at approx. 9:30am EST.
See pages 15 & 16 of this thread.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
MutatisMutandis wrote:
Hi,

I am preparing my application for Round 3 with focus on healthcare management. Wondering if there is a current student or anyone else who could comment on what it takes and what it is like to pursue HCM at Yale or if there is a set number of candidates that yale fills every year to enhance this program?

Thanks,
MM

Hi Mutatis,

Are you looking into the MBA program or perhaps the joint degree MBA/MPH program?

If you're doing just the MBA, you can choose to take all healthcare related electives -- either in SOM itself or even at the School of Public Health or the School of Medicine. SOM's curriculum is very flexible when it comes to electives, so you can choose to take whatever would be good for your career or just is of interest to you. A list of SOM electives is here: https://som.yale.edu/our-programs/full-t ... -electives

If you're looking into the joint degree program where you'll receive both an MBA and an MPH, then you'll be able to "officially" focus in healthcare management. The 2-year dual degree program started this past fall, so it's still very new and I believe quite small in numbers. More info is here: https://publichealth.yale.edu/hpm/curric ... aspx#page1

As far as quotas, I don't know of any from the MBA side of the admissions process. The MBA admissions process is quite holistic and adcom wants to admit as diverse group of students as possible. The dual degree program may have a cap of students they will admit based on capacity of class size ... similar to how SOM will probably take in around 300-325 students for the Class of 2017.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was accepted to the interview round and wondering if anyone has been through it? Also wondering what the interview is like?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
MutatisMutandis wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
MM

Hi Mutatis,

Are you looking into the MBA program or perhaps the joint degree MBA/MPH program?

If you're doing just the MBA, you can choose to take all healthcare related electives -- either in SOM itself or even at the School of Public Health or the School of Medicine. SOM's curriculum is very flexible when it comes to electives, so you can choose to take whatever would be good for your career or just is of interest to you. A list of SOM electives is here: https://som.yale.edu/our-programs/full-t ... -electives

If you're looking into the joint degree program where you'll receive both an MBA and an MPH, then you'll be able to "officially" focus in healthcare management. The 2-year dual degree program started this past fall, so it's still very new and I believe quite small in numbers. More info is here: https://publichealth.yale.edu/hpm/curric ... aspx#page1

As far as quotas, I don't know of any from the MBA side of the admissions process. The MBA admissions process is quite holistic and adcom wants to admit as diverse group of students as possible. The dual degree program may have a cap of students they will admit based on capacity of class size ... similar to how SOM will probably take in around 300-325 students for the Class of 2017.

Thanks for getting back!

I already have a masters in bioengineering. applying only for the MBA program. But curiously enough, i took a look at the program link you sent and it really looked interesting. At this time, im past the deadline to apply for the dual degree program, and also not quite sure if i want three masters degrees. I am targeting hospital management and my current experience is engineering services in healthcare at a major new england area hospital. I wasnt sure how many candidates opt healthcare at yale once they join and whether stating clearly that i am focussed on healthcare in my essays would help me or hurt me because i am trying to be narrow.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
anyone out there that is already very anxious.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 4
Send PM
StudentAgain wrote:
anyone out there that is already very anxious.

I am. Someone from Yale reached out earlier today asking for my official gmat score report (apparently they didn't have an official copy yet - I thought I'd sent it already, but oh well). gl guys!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.94
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Same here - three decisions to hear this week - oh well...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
It's 4am over here, the sleepless nights have begun, again..
Good luck to all of us!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Good luck this week everyone! Most of you will hear from multiple schools this week, so the only advice I have is to try to take it one day at a time. Breathe. And remember that no matter what happens, this is just one step in your journey.

Sending virtual hugs to all of you. And keeping my fingers crossed for a lot of green status updates!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '17 (I)
Send PM
Same here. I am a round 2 applicant for silver scholar program at Yale SOM. Knew earlier last week that the program have already taken two students from my country in Round 1, feeling really anxious..........fingers crossed for all of us!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
For any R3s or very eager Class of 2018 R1s out there, join Bruce on Thursday (tomorrow, 2 PM ET) for a Twitter chat about the most common mistakes he sees in bschool applications -- could give you all some useful tips for your SOM application! More details: https://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... n-mistakes
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts