Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Dude, who knows how you are IRL, but your posts over the past few days make you sound insufferable. LOL thinking HBS owes you anything. Case method might not be your thing.[/quote]

Relevance of your comment? Outcome is to...? Explain.
Who said anything about HBS owing anything? We are all contemplating why delays etc this is about rationalising. And a case study indeed requires us to do so.
Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Folks-

Not the time to be getting down on each other. Let's keep things supportive in this community, since I know nerves are probably wearing thin right about now.

It sounds like the 800 initial interviews of last year were split up between the 6th and 8th, so I'd anticipate that ~200 interview invites will be going out tomorrow. Then an additional 150 next week, including the 2+2 (which I imagine is a good portion of those?). Obviously this is speculation, but seems reasonable to me.

Good luck to all, try to stay positive!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CircusNerd wrote:
Hey Folks-

Not the time to be getting down on each other. Let's keep things supportive in this community, since I know nerves are probably wearing thin right about now.

It sounds like the 800 initial interviews of last year were split up between the 6th and 8th, so I'd anticipate that ~200 interview invites will be going out tomorrow. Then an additional 150 next week, including the 2+2 (which I imagine is a good portion of those?). Obviously this is speculation, but seems reasonable to me.

Good luck to all, try to stay positive!

:-) agreed! Good luck!!! And hope you receive good news!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Here is the latest on the invites and status updates by user on the forum. There is about a 10-min delay in updating the chart.

Congrats to all those who got invites and good luck to the rest!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
deleted

Originally posted by FinGuru on 07 Oct 2015, 12:04.
Last edited by FinGuru on 16 Mar 2017, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [6]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Kudos
I think everyone would be better served attempting to relax rather than spending even one second attempting to crack the code of interview invitations. 99% of the HBS applicant pool is either statistically amazing or possesses some level of "wow" factor. The vast majority of them are not members of this forum. Unless you work in admissions it's just not going to be possible to really figure anything out. There's also no sense in beating yourself up over not being "good enough" to get invited on the first day when you have no clue what determined day 1 invites. If you do get the interview invite on day 2 or day 3, just be happy you got it and go and kick ass on your interview rather than walking into your interview doubting yourself because you've somehow managed to convince yourself you are less worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Habsolute wrote:
I apologize for not having filled in my profile, since that's an important contextual data point.

700 GMAT
3.5 GPA
PhD Molec. Bio

I, like many of you am pretty heartbroken and skeptical about what this portends for the 8th (not even really counting on the 14th). Not because they owe us anything, but because I'm sure many of us put a lot of effort and hope into it and at the very least wanted the chance to get them to meet with us.

I represent 1 of 3 applicants from my company (Pharma), though I have a completely different role and profile than the others. They both got invites, so at this point I have no idea what to think. IF somehow I do get one, it will point to a functional/demographic segregation.

I too do not buy into the whole server nonsense and quite frankly, although I'm sure they've had technical issues in the past (solvable), it's better not to insult people with that lame reasoning. Just don't mention it at all. Wet get it, it's competitive.

IMO they are now trying to pick based on rounding out the classes; The ones who were chosen fit the super high score, high grade category, so easy picks to want to interview. (Though many with those attributes were left out.) I think the remaining 200 or so will be the ones not so much in the close-to-reject pile, but in the which-ones-best-fit-our-needs pile. I always knew I was a dark horse candidate whose only chance was my differentiated perspective and profile, so I shouldn't be 'surprised'. Just hoping for the best over the next 24 hours.

What piques my interest is IF the remaining 200 are the ones even more carefully considered, does that in fact make them more likely candidates given the delicate decisions taken on their candidacy? (Everything that Ms. Leopold says pretty much sounds like opposite day language to me. Not a castigation, I just don't buy it.) I imagine them doing a case study on each of the remaining candidates.

Good luck to everyone!

I disagree with you on the easy analysis of just getting people with super high scores or whatnot invited early. I think the non-traditional application makes more sense. I have a pretty good resume, 99th percentile GMAT score, and am a US URM with immigrant parents and am the first generation to go to college from my family. Everyone I talk to was convinced I'd at least get an interview, not necessarily that I would get in. I figured the same.

In fact, I had someone say something to the effect of "hispanic and 760 GMAT, you're going to get an interview request from everybody." So far, that isn't panning out to be the case.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Kudos
I never expected to get an interview seeing all the hunks and hunkesses on this site, but I would love to be wrong! Come on 8th :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Booth '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
"What piques my interest is IF the remaining 200 are the ones even more carefully considered, does that in fact make them more likely candidates given the delicate decisions taken on their candidacy?"

I like this theory. =) The 200 invites tomorrow go to those Harvard wants to admit for sure, hence the extra time for consideration, and hence the interviews are more important to the 600 and they get two more days to pick interview slots.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
bSchool2018 wrote:
"What piques my interest is IF the remaining 200 are the ones even more carefully considered, does that in fact make them more likely candidates given the delicate decisions taken on their candidacy?"

I like this theory. =) The 200 invites tomorrow go to those Harvard wants to admit for sure, hence the extra time for consideration, and hence the interviews are more important to the 600 and they get two more days to pick interview slots.

Nah, this theory sounds like wishful thinking. Harvard is a go-getter school. When they see something they want, I am sure they just go out and get it. They don't sit on their hands and contemplate the meaning of life when they are looking at our applications. Either they have already selected everyone and truly have some kind of technical delay and we are all just wasting our time even thinking about this or there is a qualitative difference where the second batch are either non-traditional candidates or just harder decisions to make all-around. If you get your interview tomorrow, congrats, and of coursse just forget about it and try your hardest. That said, I do believe there is a chance that HBS was hesitant to send it in the first place, again, either due to a non-traditional profile or sifting through the remainder to see what's worth at least interviewing.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
I never expected to get an interview seeing all the hunks and hunkesses on this site, but I would love to be wrong! Come on 8th :)

Me too haha despite a 6 AWA score, I'm still feeling like I got a 1 lol and very much like 'theLostone v2' when trying to logically analyse the HBS game!

I like the 'case study' on applicants mentality! Probably true...

Good luck all! Not long now
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Habsolute wrote:
I apologize for not having filled in my profile, since that's an important contextual data point.

700 GMAT
3.5 GPA
PhD Molec. Bio

I, like many of you am pretty heartbroken and skeptical about what this portends for the 8th (not even really counting on the 14th). Not because they owe us anything, but because I'm sure many of us put a lot of effort and hope into it and at the very least wanted the chance to get them to meet with us.

I represent 1 of 3 applicants from my company (Pharma), though I have a completely different role and profile than the others. They both got invites, so at this point I have no idea what to think. IF somehow I do get one, it will point to a functional/demographic segregation.

I too do not buy into the whole server nonsense and quite frankly, although I'm sure they've had technical issues in the past (solvable), it's better not to insult people with that lame reasoning. Just don't mention it at all. Wet get it, it's competitive.

IMO they are now trying to pick based on rounding out the classes; The ones who were chosen fit the super high score, high grade category, so easy picks to want to interview. (Though many with those attributes were left out.) I think the remaining 200 or so will be the ones not so much in the close-to-reject pile, but in the which-ones-best-fit-our-needs pile. I always knew I was a dark horse candidate whose only chance was my differentiated perspective and profile, so I shouldn't be 'surprised'. Just hoping for the best over the next 24 hours.

What piques my interest is IF the remaining 200 are the ones even more carefully considered, does that in fact make them more likely candidates given the delicate decisions taken on their candidacy? (Everything that Ms. Leopold says pretty much sounds like opposite day language to me. Not a castigation, I just don't buy it.) I imagine them doing a case study on each of the remaining candidates.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks so much for sharing and your opinion! Good luck!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
I think speculating on interview waves is pointless. It seems that the few people here who have received invites have diverse stats/backgrounds. A lot of people with different stats/backgrounds also didn't receive invites.

Seems like a crapshoot. For all we know they put everyone's applications on a board and throw 950 darts at them and see which ones land.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
malosis wrote:
I think speculating on interview waves is pointless. It seems that the few people here who have received invites have diverse stats/backgrounds. A lot of people with different stats/backgrounds also didn't receive invites.

Seems like a crapshoot. For all we know they put everyone's applications on a board and throw 950 darts at them and see which ones land.

Hahaha love it. Should've sent my photo on a dartboard with a 'to be or not to be, THAT should be the essay question...' Lol!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Send PM
Have we found out if the online application changes to "Interview" or something of that nature once the emails are sent out?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
malosis wrote:

Haha that would be awesome. UT Austin I am sure shoots 44 mag revolvers at the applications instead.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
SilverBull wrote:
Have we found out if the online application changes to "Interview" or something of that nature once the emails are sent out?

For applicants who received an invite on 10/6, the application changed today 10/7 with a link that a status update had been posted. Following that link leads to interview information.

Nothing on the application page changed same day for the applicants notified on 10/6. The admissions blog has stated that interview invitations would all be sent via e-mail first.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts