It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 07:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 07:40
illuminator wrote:
bSchool2018 wrote:
I think it may be better if rejections were sent out along with invites on 6th, so people who are already rejected don't have false hopes and people who are still waiting know they have the same chance for invites on the 8th.

yeah precisely. whats the point. really, in 2 days they will suddenly cast judgement on 2100 or so 'rejections' as firm rejections? Clearly they rejected some already. waste of my hope and time.

True enough, but I still think HBS has the best process. They are easily the most transparent, set firm deadlines and even tell you how many people are being invited.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 07:42
Only 7 days to until the 14th, but does anyone know if the admissions team reviews applications based on when they were received? Or do they wait until Sept 9, the last day of Round 1, to start reviewing all the applications?

I applied early in Round 1 and did not get on the 6th an interview invitation. If the admissions review process for Round 1 was somewhat rolling until the Sept 9 deadline, there is some logic to the thought that the invitations coming out on the 8th and 14th will be to people who applied later in the Round 1 cycle, because the admissions committee would have reviewed those applications later since they were submitted later.

Did the people who got interview invitations apply early or late in the Round 1 cycle?
Manager
Manager
B
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 07:44
qwerty123456789 wrote:
Only 7 days to until the 14th, but does anyone know if the admissions team reviews applications based on when they were received? Or do they wait until Sept 9, the last day of Round 1, to start reviewing all the applications?

I applied early in Round 1 and did not get on the 6th an interview invitation. If the admissions review process for Round 1 was somewhat rolling until the Sept 9 deadline, there is some logic to the thought that the invitations coming out on the 8th and 14th will be to people who applied later in the Round 1 cycle, because the admissions committee would have reviewed those applications later since they were submitted later.

Did the people who got interview invitations apply early or late in the Round 1 cycle?

they start reviewing after the 9th. my guess is that they reviewed all applications already, else how could they truly know that those XXXX candidates they HAVE NOT reviewed POST the 6th interview offers, are better or worse than the precious invites they offered on the 6th October and they can't give out a zillion interviews, so only a limited (350 left)? Clearly they already reviewed all and now just being picky.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 07:50
qwerty123456789 wrote:

They said on the blog that they don't review until all applications have been received on the 9th. I submitted my application on the 9th two hours before the deadline and I got my news yesterday.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 08:37
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
hi team,

I wanted to say good luck to everyone waiting on the next batch of invites.
I applied on deadline date and got an interview yesterday. I hope this encourages other people with less than stellar GMAT/GPAs to apply.

While they are important, don't let that dissuade you from applying!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 08:56
addictedk89 wrote:
hi team,

I applied on deadline date and got an interview yesterday. I hope this encourages other people with less than stellar GMAT/GPAs to apply.

Congrats!! Did you get 640 as I noticed that score a moment ago in your stats? But now I see 700 which is stellar.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:00
Good luck everyone. I am hoping for my invite tomorrow. Anyone have any theories as to how many invites they will pump out tomorrow?

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:03
SilverBull wrote:
Good luck everyone. I am hoping for my invite tomorrow. Anyone have any theories as to how many invites they will pump out tomorrow?

Probably 120-150, and then maybe 50-75 next wk plus some 2+2.
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:05
illuminator wrote:
SilverBull wrote:

Probably 120-150, and then maybe 50-75 next wk plus some 2+2.

What's the estimate on the number of 2+2 interviews going out? I wouldn't expect more than 70ish of the remaining 350 invites are 2+2.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Booth '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:06
I thought there are still 350 invites to come, including the 2+2. Someone mentioned 200 tomorrow, 150 next week.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:13
illuminator wrote:
addictedk89 wrote:
hi team,

Congrats!! Did you get 640 as I noticed that score a moment ago in your stats? But now I see 700 which is stellar.

Dang - you were too quick! I changed it after I realised it was still my first score! It's still way below the average and I was told by a lot of people to retake. I'll never know what 640 could've done. I've been on the thread for a couple of days and havent seen anyone with a sub-average GMAT post an invite. So i wanted to share my story!
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:21
I applied fairly early in the process. I think I had my application submitted by early August. Anyone have any idea how they review applications? By last name or by chronological (or reverse chronological) order or could it just be a random sample? Trying to get some insight why it is some people get it one day and some another day. They say it has to do with a combination of internal deadlines and not jamming the servers but there has to be a method albeit random.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:24
SilverBull wrote:
I applied fairly early in the process. I think I had my application submitted by early August. Anyone have any idea how they review applications? By last name or by chronological (or reverse chronological) order or could it just be a random sample? Trying to get some insight why it is some people get it one day and some another day. They say it has to do with a combination of internal deadlines and not jamming the servers but there has to be a method albeit random.

As I mentioned earlier today, I feel they already reviewed all and are now being picky re remaining 350 interviews. So they have 'internal deadlines' to make those calls. It's been a month since we submitted... In that time they decided to send 600 interviews. So now all of a sudden in just 2 days they somehow decide to magically review and finalise 250 or so having never before seen those applications? If they didn't already review these new applications belonging to the 8th invites, then there is no reason why they couldn't have reviewed all apps within a week of our R1 submission deadline. They've already reviewed all and now just making those final calls or really genuinely due to sever traffic they can't send all. In which case it doesn't even matter how they select who gets it on 6 or 8. It's all arbitrary

Last edited by illuminator on 07 Oct 2015, 09:52, edited 3 times in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:28
Yeah, there is certainly a reason people get it on the first day. It has to do with quality I assume.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:41
TheLostOne wrote:
Yeah, there is certainly a reason people get it on the first day. It has to do with quality I assume.

Yep and 'tough calls' plus a mix of 'maybe' server traffic but seriously it's HBS, and if they have server issues they ought to buy a new one or two. Let's be real ladies and gents. 9000 apps at $250 a piece approximates to $2.2mil. Last time I checked a server cost a fraction of this. A modern pc can perform billions of operations a second let alone an advanced server for Harvard for crying out loud

Last edited by illuminator on 07 Oct 2015, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:47
This post received
KUDOS
illuminator wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

Yep and 'tough calls' plus a mix of 'maybe' server traffic but seriously it's HBS, and if they have server issues they ought to buy a new one or two. Let's be real ladies and gents

I don't know, I am willing to take Dee at her word when she says it has nothing to do with the strength of the applicant. After all, I am sure HBS could fill an entire class with fully qualified candidates just from the R1 pool alone. I assume it just has to do with shaping the class from a diversity perspective and evaluating non-traditional candidates, stuff like that. We don't know what their internal processes look like. I am sure there are plenty of perfectly good reasons they need to split the invitations over 2 or 3 days.

But you're right, I doubt it has anything to do with servers.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 09:49
GeeMcGee wrote:
illuminator wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

Yep and 'tough calls' plus a mix of 'maybe' server traffic but seriously it's HBS, and if they have server issues they ought to buy a new one or two. Let's be real ladies and gents

I don't know, I am willing to take Dee at her word when she says it has nothing to do with the strength of the applicant. After all, I am sure HBS could fill an entire class with fully qualified candidates just from the R1 pool alone. I assume it just has to do with shaping the class from a diversity perspective and evaluating non-traditional candidates, stuff like that. We don't know what their internal processes look like. I am sure there are plenty of perfectly good reasons they need to split the invitations over 2 or 3 days.

Well yeah diversity and non traditional backgrounds plus a host of other 'let's sleep on it' reasons attribute to those tough calls. Let's hope for the best and goooooood luck!!!! ;)
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 10:04
GeeMcGee wrote:
illuminator wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

I hope you are right. I am square in the diversity/non-traditional category.

Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 10:08
SilverBull wrote:
I hope you are right. I am square in the diversity/non-traditional category.

Well, hopefully tomorrow brings some better news for all of us. At the very least maybe we can figure out what the difference between invites on the 6th vs 8th was.

Best of luck!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 10:09
This post received
KUDOS
Yep and 'tough calls' plus a mix of 'maybe' server traffic but seriously it's HBS, and if they have server issues they ought to buy a new one or two. Let's be real ladies and gents[/quote]

But you're right, I doubt it has anything to do with servers.[/quote]

I hope you are right. I am square in the diversity/non-traditional category.[/quote]

Ditto!!! Hoping!!! Hoping they wake up tomorrow and make that right call for us!
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2015, 10:09

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  43    Next  [ 854 posts ] 

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap