Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 566 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V42
GPA: 3.79
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [6]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
FROM DLo's BSchool Debrief: b-school debrief: costs of the application process
So Much $$$

Business school costs a lot. This is obvious, whether you are a full-ride scholarship student or are paying fully out-of-pocket. Aside from the (constantly rising) tuition costs, you have the cost of living, external costs of the program, the utility cost for losing 2 years of income, and before everything, the cost of applying. In the grand scheme of things, the cost of applying may seem like a small, tiny teardrop in the bucket of the overall financial toll of an MBA. But for those who are still prospecting schools, still working on their GMAT, or even considering if they want to get an MBA, the costs of each part of the application process can be a large concern.

Trying to be Cheap

As I laid out before, my approach to the application process was to spend as minimally as possible. This wasn’t a reflection of my indecision on the MBA, but more that I have always had an internal conflict on spending money to get ahead when applying for things – I’m very stubborn about it, and always opted to self-study for the SATs and GREs instead of plunking down thousands for classes. The results, I will say, were mixed. I took the SATs 4 times before I got a great score, and the GRE was just enough to get me into grad school for my MS.  For b-school, the application process was far more grueling, and it made me reconsider this mantra. If you read around or ask around these days, there are two main sources of application support people willingly drop wads of cash into for assistance and advantage: GMAT classes and, more recently, admissions consultants.

GMAT Classes

I touched on the GMAT course issue a bit in the previous posts on the GMAT, but I’ll lay out how it went for me. I started studying half-heartedly with a set of Manhattan GMAT books, and found that I really enjoyed their approach. After my first diagnostics, I was dismayed at just how bad I was, not really taking into consideration the specialized approach you need to learn to master the GMAT. I saw an offer to attend the first session of a Manhattan in-person course, so I checked it out. After going through the session and seeing how structured they were in teaching + drilling their strategies, I definitely considered the course. But at $1,600 or so, I was very hesitant. I ended up not going with it and believing I could conquer it through self-study as usual.

Again as I detailed in the GMAT posts, I had a great deal of luck in that a friend who had taken the course ended up with a full year extra of access to their online materials – including video lectures. I jumped on it and this definitely helped in my study process, as well as the syllabus they gave to lay out a study strategy for their 9 books. The online-only course was around $900 or so at the time, so in all honesty I might have given that more consideration if I didn’t have free access, and had known how useful it was. So for your consideration, if you’re really struggling or even moderately struggling with the GMAT, I do believe some assistance helps, but again from a budgetary perspective I found myself very much not wanting to drop so much money on a course. Keep in mind as well that each run-through of the test is $250, so if you don’t want to take my multiple-effort approach and keep spending more on re-takes, perhaps a course may work for you as well.

Admissions Consultants

Now we come to the truly divergent path of the application process – whether or not use an admissions consultant.

A friend who had been applying to Top 10 schools had told me a few years before about admissions consultants – and I was surprised at the concept. You pay people thousands of dollars to tell you how to apply to school? Doesn’t that dilute the purpose of the application? But she was aiming for Stanford – her dream school – and was thus prepared to spare no expense. As the pressure and stress mounted on me 5-6 months before it was my turn to submit my apps, I took a good hard look at just what a consultant provided and if it was worth my consideration. Nothing about my budgetary mindfulness changed, but I knew for sure I was going to do this b-school thing, and the more real the applications got, the more uncertain it felt my future was. What if I didn’t get in to where I wanted – or worse, came out completely empty handed? I looked at the price points of some of these services – Admissionado, MBA Prep School, etc. Prices ranged from $2,500 – 5,000 per school. This was insane to me, to spend so much money to re-tool a story that I had to build myself. It appeared to just be a magic wand that people were looking for, that would give them the golden ticket to the b-school of their choice.

I dove in and did my research on what exactly I could get out of a consultant, and the answers varied greatly. Some promised to get you into a Top 10 school; some were far more pragmatic and their claims were simply to build the best story you can by helping you mine yourself, and to write more pointedly. I got a quote from one of the larger consultancies for my application list – Columbia, NYU, Stanford, Wharton, UCLA, Haas and Cornell. They offered me help on one, Columbia, for a single-school fee of $4000 with additional schools at $2000 a pop.

Holy. Crap. I saw those numbers and ran away. The biggest takeaway I got from consultant research was that nothing was guaranteed (of course), and there were no sure things. If my profile was weak, the “best” consultants in the world couldn’t help me. I felt I had a strong profile, and was confident in my writing abilities, so I decided to go it on my own, with some budget help.

Budget Admissions Tools

There are far cheaper options to help you through the admissions process and submitting a strong application without dropping thousands on a consultant. I searched around for some, and found some by chance, but eventually settled on two resources which I came to really love. (Note: I am neither affiliated with nor am I working in conjunction with either of these two. These are the two resources I personally came to love during my application process.)

Touch MBA Podcasts – This was my first discovery. I had a long commute to work, and started listening to GMAT podcasts; once that nonsense was over, I checked out admissions podcasts and stumbled upon Darren Joe’s podcasts. He touches on a variety of topics, from interviews and Q&As with admissions officers at a huge list of schools (including many in the Top 10), as well as general admissions advice on writing, story building, defining your goals, success stories, and more. These were in convenient less-than-an-hour-long slices that I could listen to and repeat if I wanted to absorb his strategies better. He also provides a free profile evaluation and school selection advice, which helped me to discover Cornell Tech’s MBA, a program I had previously not known of.

Touch MBA’s topics and overall enthusiastic approach to his podcasts kept me calm and steady whenever I was thinking about the daunting task of applying. Being a previous admissions officer at a top MBA program in Asia, I felt his perspective was sharp, but he also always had a genuine feel to his advice – he really just wanted to help people out. When I first started listening, everything was a free podcast; as he gained a larger following, he has started to create purchasable resources including more in-depth videos and tools that I didn’t personally use, but are affordable as well.

Essay Snark – I absolutely love, love, LOVE this site. These guys (one person? I can’t tell) are the opposite of Touch MBA in personality – no sugar coating, blunt advice, and unapologetic topics. While still maintaining the same goal of helping you guide yourself through the b-school application, they take a tough-love approach. This is highlighted in the most part by their “blahg,” which is a daily-updated blog covering topics that are pertinent to the current position of the admissions cycle, along with countdowns and advice for each school in the Top 15. The blahg is $9.99 per month to read, which is well worth it in my opinion.

Essay Snark offers more conventional consultant packages – still a few grand – for those that opt for it, but they also provide a plethora of resources and a la carte feedback options. I used their individual strategy guides and a few other products and only spent about $250 total on help from here – WELL worth it from my perspective. I will detail Essay Snark’s guides and how I used them in future blog posts, but the three products I did pay for through them were 15 weeks of Blahg access + Weekly Countdown e-mails for $35, the strategy guide 6-pack for $99, and the customized recommender’s instructions sets for $99. I kept a Blahg subscription for a few months after apps were turned in because they were still compelling reads.

These two resources made a true difference in my application quality, and I was able to do so by only spending a few hundred dollars – about the same cost as one run at the GMAT. While I set out initially thinking I’d need no external service help, I felt that there were just enough for me. EXCEPT!:

Friends and Peers – This is the unspoken budget application tool. When it comes to your essays, you can do without the pricey admissions consultants by simply consulting a large range of your friends – ones who know how to write, ones who’ve gone to b-school, ones that know you as a person, and even ones you’ve just met, aka current students at the schools you’re applying to. Networking and utilizing your network is one of the most crucial skills you’ll need during b-school, so you may as well start now!

Additional Costs

So aside from the costs of the GMAT, GMAT resources / courses, and application resources / consultants, there’s still that last costly part of the process that people forget – the applications! When you set out to determine your school list, don’t forget that each application you’re submitting is going to cost between $200-250. If you’re peppering the entire field and trying for 10+ schools, that’s already $2500+ right there (we’ll talk about school research and choice, as well as quality over quantity, in the next entry). Don’t forget to keep this in mind too, especially if you’re still on the fence of either your chances or if you really want that MBA.

Final Thoughts

Like I said before, the costs of applying are small change compared to the overall cost of getting your MBA. But the amount you can spend in this process can balloon very quickly if you go resource-hungry, and can bite you back if you for some reason decide not to pursue in the end, or fail to realize just how awesome you are without the help of someone whispering it in your ear. If you’re like me and find dropping stacks of cash on external assistance a little off-putting, there are plenty of options for you to get similar ‘advantages’ while still having money to buy dinner at the end of the day. Good luck!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3130 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Excellent posts dLo
saw your blog too..!!
Man .. you have got some writing skills.
And Just to make an argument => You had such an amazing resume ; i am glad you didn't use any ad. Consultancy service.
I am an engineer too..!

Have a great time at UCLA

Regards
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Originally posted by stonecold on 22 Jul 2016, 15:00.
Last edited by stonecold on 09 Aug 2016, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V42
GPA: 3.79
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
FROM MBAble: The Application Grind is Never Over for this MBA Candidate
So I’ve come to realize that applications don’t end with admission into your desired MBA program.

I have been working my tail off for about the past month (that’s my excuse for not posting on this blog in as much time, by the way? ), working on applications for selective Booth and non-Booth classes that I plan to take in the Autumn 2016 quarter. Beyond that, I have also been tailoring my plan of attack for other application-gated classes offered in later quarters.

Highly regarded classes at Booth (based on what I’ve gathered from current student and alumni testimonies), such as Entrepreneurial Discovery with Mark Tebbe, Lab in Developing New Products and Services with Arthur Middlebrooks, and Strategy Lab with Harry Davis call for students to provide applications to those courses that include short essay responses to specific questions.

As far as the instructional/institutional motivations to include the intermediate step of applications for these courses, I suppose there are a few main reasons for this, drawing on my experience applying for Entrepreneurial Discovery:

• Striving toward diversity of perspectives in the classroom (e.g. full-time/part-time, varying professional experience levels, different industry backgrounds, goals for after the course, etc.).
  • Ensuring that students who enroll have the ability to meet time commitments and other unique demands of the course.
  • Verifying that students possess prerequisite knowledge and competencies to be successful in the course based on prior coursework, personal interests, work experience, and other criteria.
With regard to the non-Booth courses I mentioned earlier, I have also applied to workshop classes within the Creative Writing program at the University of Chicago. As someone with limited experience in formal creative writing coursework, I applied for a Fundamentals class in addition to an intermediate Special Topics course. Adding to that application fun, businessperson that I am, I could not help but feel compelled to ensure that my writing sample would be at least peripherally relevant to the course subject and the instructor teaching. That said, I made some serious revisions to an existing piece and even wrote a new piece of flash fiction just for my applications—moves that I hope will help me make my case to be able to sign up for at least one of those classes in the fall.

Although I am confident in my ability to be accepted into at least one of the classes I applied for, I have found myself stressing out about Plan A-to-Z for my schedule in case I don’t get into a desired section. It doesn’t help that final decisions aren’t released until very close to the start of the quarter when bidding for general admission classes has generally ended, making it harder to pivot to alternatives. Oh, well. I’ll live either way.

Now that the bulk of my application grind for the coming quarter is done, I am focusing on calming down and detaching from the whole business school thing until orientation (a.k.a. LAUNCH) in a couple of weeks. During this time, I’m also thinking about writing some new short stories and revising some old ones to help me meet my goal of becoming eligible for membership into Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

Until next time!

Durian

P.S. Hopefully I can be more consistent with my posting, moving forward.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
FROM MBA Reapplicant: MIA
I have been out of the blogging game for a bit, but I promise that won't be a regular thing.  With classes and recruiting in full swing, I have had little time for anything else.  That being said, I have had the chance to blog a couple of times for the Anderson MBA Student Voice.  Check it our here!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
FROM MBA Reapplicant: Great Article about Anderson

Check out this awesome article about Anderson on Poets & Quants, https://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/02/uclas-anderson-school-morphs-into-a-friendly-tech-hub/.  Anderson is a great place!  Sorry for the lack of updates recently.  I promise there is a new post coming soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q33 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q41 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM FINAL HOUR MBA: The Value of a Vision
This is the kickoff for my 2016-2017 application season.

After a summer of introspect and debate I have decided to relaunch my b-school application journey. Why would anyone want to go through the “Doldrums” and the pain of rejection all over again? It comes down to one word: vision.

vision:  noun, vi·sion, \ˈvi-zhən\

a thought, concept, or object formed by the imagination

Application consultants will talk about selling your story to the adcom. I’ve worked in sales and have seen all sorts of techniques. As the biggest customer or stories in the b-school world, adcoms have developed an ability to sniff out garbage. Your story is typically crap. Words you think they want to hear just so you can get in to their prestigious school, have a good brand on your resume, and get more money at some large company. If this sounds like you then your vision is the same as thousands of other applicants. That is to say, while your goals are clear, your vision is empty. It reads loud and clear in your application and typically ends up in the rejection pile.

How do we fight this? The answer again is vision. If your goals are similar to those stated above, there’s nothing wrong with that. Most people enjoy more money and titles at work. If they don’t, an MBA is usually far from their mind. Developing a vision is probably the most time-consuming task in your MBA journey. GMAT and GPA are great but your essays, interviews, and 2 years of school will be driven by a few very simple themes. Planning up front will maximize the value of your effort. I’ll attempt to break down my approach to developing a vision and then how to use it in the following steps.

Step 1 – Escape
Get out of your office. Get out of your house. Get out of your city. Close the laptop. Put down the phone. Get away from everything familiar. This step is about clarity. You’re taking a major step in your life. Don’t let the barista who made your latte with whole milk instead of coconut milk influence your outlook on school.

Now that you’re settled in, find something that can settle your mind. I use music. Dave Matthews Band (early) or this song usually get me in the right frame of mind:

Step 2 – Introspection
I’ll let you guys look that one up. In essence you want to develop an idea of what is most important to you. Write it down if you need to. But the list is just the start. Next to each item dig a little deeper. Think why that item is important. Where did it come from? How can you achieve it? Is it yours or someone else’s? Don’t be afraid to go deep*. This the rest of your life we’re talking about here.

*one caveat, don’t start assigning blame or have negative thoughts about each item. This clouds your mental clarity you achieved in Step 1

Step 3 – Let Go
Now you have a great list of what makes you, well, you. You have a better understanding of how you got there. At this point you can probably see where this exercise is heading. Time for a changeup. Drop the list. The list was to define where you are. It puts you in the frame of mind to create a solid vision for the future.

Step 4 – Back to The Future
This is the core of the exercise. Close your eyes and see yourself 5 after graduation. We live in fast times. There’s no need for 3, 10, 30-year plans. 5 years will do the trick. When you see yourself in the future take some time to immerse yourself in the vision. Where are you sitting? In an office? On a beach? What are you driving? A bike, a car, a horse? Where and what do you do for work? Take in the entire vision, don’t just pick a job, house, etc…these are still generic goals. See deep into non-professional goals as well. Do you volunteer? Are you an avid traveler? Most importantly, what is the most exciting part of your day and week?

If you are having trouble with this step take the “legacy” route. When you die, what are the 5 things you want to be remembered for? This approach is rather depressing though.

Step 5 – Repeat, then Work Backwards
OK, now you’ve taken the time to really see where you want to be. Repeat this exercise a few times. You’ve tuned out external pressures to clearly find your true vision. Embrace it. Webster’s defines passion as an intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction. Vision = Passion.

Finally, work backwards and think hard about what steps need to be taken to get to the vision of your future. Research the career steps or skills needed to get to the job in your vision. Use specific examples from your future to plan out what you need to do. For example, if you want to help technology entrepreneurs in Malaysia you might want to go to a school on the West Coast or Pacific Rim.

Consider events in your past that influenced your vision. Use these examples in your essays and to explain your career/academic choices to this point. Most schools why them and how they will help you in your future. Don’t be generic, you already see the future. Find relative examples. You may even realize, for example, that Booth or Cornell don’t have a lot to offer for your specific goals. Don’t apply to schools that don’t fit your plan. Rankings are external pressures.

If you are looking for a tool to help define the path to your future, I recommend mind mapping. There’s a lot of software for this but nothing beats plain paper and colored pencils.

El Fin
So now you have a clear vision of where you want to be and you are developing your path and what b-school really means. This is finally YOUR STORY. Not the generic one that every half-hearted applicant submits. When you start preparing essays, interviews, and school visits you will notice a better reaction. Your passion about the what and why of your MBA will come through clearly.

This is just a first step in developing a vision, applying it to applications, and delivering on it throughout business school. This is also my process. Add to it. Enhance it.

Please feel free to share if any of this is useful and how your journey is going.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
FROM TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail: Hello, goodbye
This week saw TopDogMBA clear the 15,000 unique visitor milestone – thanks! Before I get very much older – and since I don’t expect to publish (m)any more posts on this blog – I wanted to introduce myself as David C. Rolls. Here’s my polished, official MIT Sloan photo, and you can read all about […]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
FROM TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail: The long and winding road
It’s been 28 months since I started this blog – and over a year since my last post – so I thought it was time to update y’all. Fortunately, I’ve had time to introduce my faithful Beagle pup, Beatrice, to classmates and arrange a photo shoot on campus. Sorry for the delay! With such a long […]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
FROM The MBA Manual: I’ll edit your essay for free
Hey, guys,

So, I’ve decided to run a contest in hopes of getting the word about the site out to as many applicants as possible this application season.

Entry:  Share your favorite MBAManual post on Facebook (with a blurb or two about why you like it)and you’re entered.  Just send a screen shot of your post to info@mbamanual.com and you’re in.  I’ll respond with a verification email.

The winner:  The winner will be selected randomly by me (using MBA Excel magic) on September 25th at 1 PM EST.  If the post is still on Facebook, I’ll email the winner directly and post their name here at that time. 

The Prize:  I will personally edit one essay of the winning applicant.  I’ll do both a content edit (fit with the school, coherence of your story, etc.) and a line edit (grammar, spelling, etc.).  I’ll get it back to the winner by September 27th so that they’ll make the October 1st deadlines of some schools.

That’s it!  Best of luck to you all, and I look forward to crafting an application masterpiece with the winner.

Best,

Ryan

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Oh Kay MBA: The sweet waiting begins
It’s done: all my applications are submitted. Wharton was the last one. So, now, the -not so- sweet waiting begins. Next week, I will start to prepare for the interviews even if I don’t know whether I would get the invitations. However, I don’t want to think about the application right now.

During the next months, even though preparing the interviews will demand great dedication, I will still have more time to spare without studying for the GMAT or writing essays. Therefore, I want to focus in other activities, some of which will indirectly help strengthen a potential interview.

• Work twice as hard: Mainly, because work will be the perfect place to occupy my mind. Besides, I could always find an opportunity to decrease costs, increase efficiency, reduce production time or anything that would make a good story for the interview.
  • Focus on my dancing: I have missed many dance lessons in the last three months because of my full dedication to the application, so now I want to focus on improving my moves! Moreover, the physical activity helps relax my mind and as I don’t really enjoy going to the gym that often, dancing is the perfect alternative.
  • Practice English: This one is important for international students like me. I don’t really have the chance to speak English every day and I will definitely need to sound fluent in the interview. Therefore, I will start going to some language exchange events or even recording myself speaking.
  • Use my leadership skills: At work or at the organization where I volunteer. It is always a good moment to start an initiative or make a difference. Besides, it will be great material for the interview.
  • Visualize my life at B-school: I love visualizing; it really helps me stay positive about a situation. So, I would just picture myself already at B-school, choosing classes, participating in activities and more. Doing this will help me have good vibes and survive the drama of waiting.
I guess, I will just have to keep myself occupied while waiting. To be honest, patience has never been my strong point.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
FROM Oh Kay MBA: What Columbus Day will bring
I was totally freaking out. Apparently, most of the HBS invites were already sent and I didn’t get one. However, there are still some to come out on the 12th, so I’m trying to keep my hopes intact.

Most people are saying to keep low expectations for the 12th, but I won’t do that. I refuse to think it is over until it is. As any other applicant, I really put my heart and soul into all my essays, but given how open the HBS question was, I had the chance to make it the most personal and honest of all my essays.

Now, I’m trying to see the situation from a different perspective. I am sure everyone who applies to this program is a highly capable candidate and will be successful no matter what MBA program they end up enrolling or whether they enroll at all. The MBA is only a means to an end. What drives us a keeps us going is our passion. I am positive all applicants are passionate about what they do, as they had the guts to go through this stressful process. And, surely, a ding can’t and won’t take away our passion.

Therefore, relax, take it easy. I am still keeping my expectations high for the 12th and hoping to hearing from Booth soon. All the same, no matter the result, the show must go on!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Oh Kay MBA: Keep moving forward
After days of waiting, sharing the tension with other applicants in forums, coming up with different theories about invites patterns, and, overall, refreshing my inbox every five minutes to see if the so awaited mail was already there, I finally have my first 2 answers from B-schools.

HBS: Dinged

Booth: Invited to Interview

The HBS ding

I finally got a mail from HBS – “Your application status has changed”. No warm greetings, and to make it worse everyone at the gmatclub forum was reporting dings. Therefore, when I logged into my application page I did not have my hopes up anymore. Indeed, I found the dreaded message – “Thank you very much for your interest”. The next minutes were a mix of emotions: sadness, anger, fear. But then came acceptance, as I said “well, game over, maybe it wasn’t the best place for me”. I am sure I can take a big step in my career path with any MBA. However, HBS will always be the golden brand, the one that makes a resume shine. In the end, I guess I just wanted the validation.

To be honest, what I am most worried about is what this rejection could mean regarding my GSB application. Stanford is my dream school. I love the culture, the methodology, the small class, the great entrepreneurship spirit, and besides many other things, of course, California! If it really is all about the fit, I think my fit with HBS was only good enough, but I am positive I fit in Stanford in every sense. However, I know how low the odds are.

Invited to interview with Booth!

I was so excited to get my first interview invite that I contacted my interviewer in the blink of an eye. I will have my interview off-campus as I don’t have the time nor the means to go to Chicago at the moment – I live in South America. So, as my interview is only a little more than a week away, right now I am 100% focused on killing it.

Soon, I will be sharing my progress and ramblings on my interview planning.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos