It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [3], given: 553

Concentration: Finance, General Management
Scholarships [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 00:51
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
FROM lillianmbula: Scholarships
So Africans are the most underrepresented demographic in the top business schools in the world. Why is this so? Well for starters the cost. Paying for an international MBA from an African (Kenyan in my case) salary is tough. Very tough. Most African currencies are weaker than the US dollar so its just a dream for most to attend Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, INSEAD etc

That said there are scholarships for us Africans. Yup you heard me right.

Some scholarships I found are:

Stanford Graduate School of Business

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/mba/financial-aid/international-students/stanford-africa-mba-fellowship

Harvard Business School

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/financial-aid/Pages/external-funding-opportunities.aspx#international

Specifically the Olam International Africa Graduate Scholarship                                 

Wharton

https://spike.wharton.upenn.edu/mbaprogram/financial_aid/outside_scholarships_1213.pdf

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Kudos [?]: 6 [3], given: 553

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [3], given: 30

Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
July Update | Hate Is A Strong Word [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 09:01
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
FROM MORENA MBA: July Update | Hate Is A Strong Word
Hey girl (or boy) Hey!

So I’ve been MIA from this blog for two months. I took the GMAT in June and have yet to write about it, but that post is coming. Really all you need to know is that I am still studying. Sometimes I feel I am in a black hole of sentence correction and word problems. I promise I don’t hate the GMAT. I just want our relationship to be over! My next test date is the end of August which is cutting it close to my first school deadline. I will need to make some decisions about Round 1 vs Round 2 applications.

Studying is tough, especially when you have a long commute and don’t feel that you have enough time to dedicate to get where you want to go. I do have a tutor (I will do a full review on the good and bad of finding a tutor/ using one) which is helpful. I neeeed to do more Verbal. All my time has been dedicated towards Quant. Sometimes it feels that my to-do list is quick sand.

I think the only thing that is going really well is my ability to make contacts at my target schools, attend events, and network. I feel I have a strong sense of where I want to go and what I want my experience to look like.

Stay tuned for more updates that are actually well thought out and organized.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Kudos [?]: 9 [3], given: 30

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

GPA: 3.38
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Simpler On-the-Go Publishing: Background Media Uploading for Android [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 18:01
FROM Road To My MBA: Simpler On-the-Go Publishing: Background Media Uploading for Android
Version 8.1 of the WordPress for Android app is now available, with some great enhancements to publishing: background media uploading.

Adding images to a post or page? Now, you can publish — and move on to other things — while your media uploads. No more waiting inside the editor while images gradually upload! Tap the Publish button and the app takes care of finishing the uploads and publishing, leaving you free to leave the post editor and get on with other things.

You can do the same thing while saving drafts. And yes, you can have multiple posts uploading media in the background at once.

We’ve also spruced up the interface, adding notifications so you always know the status of your posts and uploads. Visit your post list at any time for a progress report on all your uploads.

These features work best with the new Beta editor, codenamed “Aztec,” so be sure to enable it in your app for the full experience — check out the details and get instructions on enabling it.

If you haven’t already, download WordPress for Android from the Play Store, give it a try and let us know what you think!

Filed under: Mobile, New Features, Photos, Posting, Video Image

Current Student

A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress App [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 00:01
FROM Road To My MBA: A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress App
Sometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life.

You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We hear you loud and clear! A freshly-updated media picker is now available in version 8.5 of the WordPress app for iOS.

What’s New
The new media picker was designed to allow quicker access to your media right from the new Aztec editor. Now you can insert videos and photos without leaving the editor. Click the plus sign — just like in the desktop editor:

The picker’s toolbar has buttons that provide full screen access to media already on your device, the camera, and your site’s media library.

Whether you need to insert a photo you’ve already uploaded, capture a new video with your camera, or peruse all the special moments already on your device to find the perfect pic, you’re covered.

Open Source and Proud of It
Giving back to the software development community is part of Automattic’s DNA. That’s why our Android and iOS apps are 100% open source and will remain that way. In fact, the new media picker is a stand-alone iOS library that can be used in your own projects. We encourage you to try it out!

Thank You!
The Mobile team truly appreciates all of our wonderful users. Our goal is to build tools to help you make your site the best it can be. We look forward to your feedback and hope you enjoy the new media picker as much as we do.

Filed under: Mobile, Photos, Video Image

Current Student

Update Your Avatar on WordPress.com [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 00:01
FROM Road To My MBA: Update Your Avatar on WordPress.com
We’ve given one of our favorite features a boost! You can now manage your profile photo, or avatar, right on WordPress.com. This avatar, powered by a service called Gravatar, is the image that represents you online — a thumbnail that appears next to your name when you interact on blogs and websites. With this recently refined feature, you can upload, edit, and update your avatar at wordpress.com/me.

Your avatar shows up in many places on WordPress.com. For example, you’ll see it on your site next to your blog posts:

And when you like someone’s post:

Or when you comment on a post:

As you can see, your avatar helps to establish your identity and credibility on WordPress.com — but also across the internet. It will also appear on other websites that use Gravatar, like Stack Overflow and Hootsuite. This means that you don’t have to re-upload the same photo multiple times across the web.

How to Update Your Avatar
While logged into your WordPress.com account, go to wordpress.com/me or click your profile icon at the top-right corner of the screen. You’ll see the edit screen for your profile:

From here, you can either click on your photo to change it:

Or drag and drop a new photo from your computer:

You can also edit the photo — rotate, flip, or crop — before setting or changing it:

When you’re happy with your image, click Change My Photo and you’re all set!

We’ve also made this update for the desktop app. If you have questions, refer to the Gravatars Support page or contact Support for assistance. We look forward to seeing your faces around the web!

Filed under: Avatars, General, Profile, WordPress.com Image

Update Your Avatar on WordPress.com   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2017, 00:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   [ 885 posts ] 

Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap