Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V27
GPA: 3.1
WE:Sales (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
fionaS wrote:
nobody got invite this week?

Yale seems to follow a trend of sending Friday invites. I'm mostly basing this on the observation of others and on last year's thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
I have noticed the same thing, based on this year's invites and also last years forum. I am pretty surprised at the low volume of (reported) interview invites on gmatclub thus far. It seems like either they are being really stingy on invites this year, or they've got a lot more to come soon... Lets hope the latter.

dyaffe55 wrote:
fionaS wrote:

Yale seems to follow a trend of sending Friday invites. I'm mostly basing this on the observation of others and on last year's thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
jpd5044 wrote:
I have noticed the same thing, based on this year's invites and also last years forum. I am pretty surprised at the low volume of (reported) interview invites on gmatclub thus far. It seems like either they are being really stingy on invites this year, or they've got a lot more to come soon... Lets hope the latter.

dyaffe55 wrote:
fionaS wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic that you are correct and that we should expect a number of invites in the coming weeks... but also consider that GMATClub is not an accurate representation of the entire applicant pool. The members here skew internationally, and I don't know whether domestic/international invites are sent in the same waves. Also, it could just be that it's taking longer this year since an additional layer (video questions) was added to the application process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
good point with the video component, didn't even consider that

[quote="dyaffe55"][quote="jpd5044"]I have noticed the same thing, based on this year's invites and also last years forum. I am pretty surprised at the low volume of (reported) interview invites on gmatclub thus far. It seems like either they are being really stingy on invites this year, or they've got a lot more to come soon... Lets hope the latter.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Does anyone know if they ding people before the decision deadline? I'm just wondering if I could possibly already be out, but not find out until Dec. 9.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
thefinancelady wrote:
Does anyone know if they ding people before the decision deadline? I'm just wondering if I could possibly already be out, but not find out until Dec. 9.

from my conversations with staff and alumni ALL decisions, including denials, are made at the decision deadline
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dyaffe55 wrote:
Still quiet for me, but congrats to everyone who received invites! I'm a longtime CT resident and for those of you who are taking this opportunity to explore New Haven, here are some excellent restaurants to consider:

Pizza
First and foremost, New Haven is world renowned for it's pizza. Most popular establishments are Pepe's or Sally's on Wooster Street and Modern Pizza on State Street.

Thai
Thai Taste
Bangkok Gardens

Sushi
Miya's

Of course there are many more but these are a few of my favorites. Good luck!

i've been told I cannot skip Pepe's. Any good burger place you rec??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q800 V720
Send PM
Has anyone received Meet Yale SOM Faculty email? It seems that Adcoms really enjoy testing my heartbeats...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
blueser wrote:
Has anyone received Meet Yale SOM Faculty email? It seems that Adcoms really enjoy testing my heartbeats...

I did. I am so used to those emails.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Gianfranco2014 wrote:
dyaffe55 wrote:
Still quiet for me, but congrats to everyone who received invites! I'm a longtime CT resident and for those of you who are taking this opportunity to explore New Haven, here are some excellent restaurants to consider:

Pizza
First and foremost, New Haven is world renowned for it's pizza. Most popular establishments are Pepe's or Sally's on Wooster Street and Modern Pizza on State Street.

Thai
Thai Taste
Bangkok Gardens

Sushi
Miya's

Of course there are many more but these are a few of my favorites. Good luck!

i've been told I cannot skip Pepe's. Any good burger place you rec??

Louis' Lunch is supposedly the place that created the burger
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Flyte wrote:
Aerien or Machichi,

I am applying to programs for Round 2 and Yale is at the top of my list. I've attended a number of online chats and spoken with a couple of alumni. I would like to visit the campus; however, it would be quite difficult to do so prior to the application deadline. From your experience is it necessary to visit before you apply or is it fine to do so if / when one gets an interview?

Cheers!

If you can make it to campus prior to your interview, it's a great way to get a feel for the school and you'll have more things to talk about / connect with your interviewer about. You'll also be less stressed about finding the right building/office since you'll already have a general sense of where the hotel is, where Starbucks/Dunkin is, etc.

Personally, I didn't visit until the day of the interview, but I'd been to the area a few times before, had already been to the admissions presentation in my city, spoken with current students and alums, etc. So, while I didn't visit the building specifically prior to d-day, I knew what I was getting into and had done some leg work to prove (or disprove) what I felt was a good fit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
If you can make it to campus prior to your interview, it's a great way to get a feel for the school and you'll have more things to talk about / connect with your interviewer about. You'll also be less stressed about finding the right building/office since you'll already have a general sense of where the hotel is, where Starbucks/Dunkin is, etc.

Personally, I didn't visit until the day of the interview, but I'd been to the area a few times before, had already been to the admissions presentation in my city, spoken with current students and alums, etc. So, while I didn't visit the building specifically prior to d-day, I knew what I was getting into and had done some leg work to prove (or disprove) what I felt was a good fit.

I agree wholeheartedly with Aerien, but with the caveat that if you're applying in Round 2 or Round 3, hold off until after the new building opens in January. The visit program will be much more robust then.

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Does anyone know when we should expect R1 interview invites by? If I don't hear by next week, does that essentially mean I'll be rejected?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Has anyone from China/Hong Kong received the interview invitation? Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
daddyv wrote:
I'm no expert on SOM admissions but there was an interview with Bruce posted earlier in the thread where he mentions interview invites going out in waves and the first wave is likely to be candidates with stellar profiles, like an ivy undergrad with a 4.0 gpa, high gmat and great work ex. The rest of the pool will be evaluated by the whole team(not sure how that would work exactly), so I'm assuming the process will be very time intensive and we might see majority of the invites going out in Nov. Again I'm only speculating!

Yeah, I read that interview also. The example Bruce gave was a Yale undergrad who works for McKinsey and got a 760 - pretty sure that 99.99% of the Yale SOM applicants don't fall into that category. But, as others have mentioned above, I still think that lot of invites will be sent out up until the 2nd week of November. I am not losing hope!...and Yale also waitlists applicants w/o interviews, so some might get pushed into R2.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Random question to the forum:

what is the deadline for the deposit once you are admitted for round 1?

The RD1 decision deadline is Dec-9 ... so I was wondering how long students have to secure their spot by sending a deposit. Appreciate any info on this! Is not on the site (that i am aware of)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
aerien,
I have been following your advice here and you have been very informative. So thanks for that. Would you know if end of October/early November would be a crucial one at SOM for next pool of invites ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts