Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:25 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Do they WL candidates from R3 at all?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
scherie wrote:

Based on prior year, very rarely. Just got released from WL. Good luck to all those accepted and still on WL.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
OldManInNYC wrote:
scherie wrote:

Based on prior year, very rarely. Just got released from WL. Good luck to all those accepted and still on WL.

R3 applicant. Just got waitlisted without an interview, which seems odd to have happen at this point.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Indian applicant.. WL post interview in R2 and WL again in R3.. don't know what to expect now.. any insights on how to proceed from here?? Anybody else in the same situation?? :| any idea whats the deposit date for R3 ?? Whats's the cutoff date for International students, if any, considering visa and relocation issues?? Few of the many questions in my head..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 09-05-2015
GRE 1: Q144 V140
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Dinged. Best of luck to the ones who got accepted. Meanwhile I already started plan B. Will take the GMAT in 3 months and try in other schools for R1. Cheers !
Intern
Intern
Schools:HBS, Booth, Yale, INSEAD, Ross
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.46
WE 1: Infrastructure Project-Coordinator -2 yrs
WE 2: Infrastructure Project- Planning Incharge : International Project
Send PM
anujgupta10185in wrote:
Indian applicant.. WL post interview in R2 and WL again in R3.. don't know what to expect now.. any insights on how to proceed from here?? Anybody else in the same situation?? :| any idea whats the deposit date for R3 ?? Whats's the cutoff date for International students, if any, considering visa and relocation issues?? Few of the many questions in my head..

Exactly the same boat here man! Waitlist in R2, "very limited" Summer waitlist in R3. Haven't a clue on what to do next. Have you got anywhere else??

CC: Aerien- Can you help in this regard because as you might appreciate there is a lot of work that needs to be done for us international candidates to attend SOM on time. So the sooner we get to know the better.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here, WL from R2 and again R3... Don't wanna give up though.

For those who got admitted in R3, what is the 1st deposit deadline? Thanks.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
auman wrote:
anujgupta10185in wrote:

Exactly the same boat here man! Waitlist in R2, "very limited" Summer waitlist in R3. Haven't a clue on what to do next. Have you got anywhere else??

CC: Aerien- Can you help in this regard because as you might appreciate there is a lot of work that needs to be done for us international candidates to attend SOM on time. So the sooner we get to know the better.

Thanks

@tinkered's advice is great in this respect RE: financial documents. (Thanks tinkered!) I don't know specifics beyond that since I was/am a US applicant, but adcom does realize the time constraints needed for visa processing, etc and will likely keep those in mind when accepting you or releasing you from the waitlist.

I know some other schools have timelines such that all international students know a final decision by the end of May or June so you have enough time to get everything in order; Yale's process is hopefully similar (I, like you, don't know exactly what happens behind closed doors). At this point, it probably comes down to yield from R3, so keep your fingers crossed until the very end!

As always, if you feel you need a certain amount of time to get your paperwork in order, you can always inform adcom that you need a decision by a certain date. I'm an advocate of keeping adcom informed of plans as opposed to not; while yes, you might risk being rejected "early", adcom might also be able to accommodate your timeline/situation.

Good luck!!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
For waitlists, potential reapplicants, and any new prospective students watching this thread, SOM has some summer socials and other admissions events planned for the summer. June events start as early as next week (Mumbai!), so keep checking the site for any updates. More summer socials to come!

https://som.yale.edu/our-programs/full-t ... ions-event
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Has anyone from the limited summer waitlist heard back either way? When is the deposit deadline for Round 3 admitted applicants?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
I have an undergraduate GPA of 3.92 and a GMAT score of 730. I am a finance staff of a company in Thailand with 2 years work experience. What are my chances of getting accepted into YAle MBA program?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72894 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Yale Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Yale Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Yale Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Yale Forum to dive into all things related to Yale's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts