Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:09 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Operations
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.72
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
I'm figuring out how I can beat the video interview. May I ask what the questions were??

Originally posted by jangtm76 on 04 Mar 2014, 18:37.
Last edited by jangtm76 on 05 Mar 2014, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
jangtm76 wrote:
I'm figuring out how I can beat the video interview. May I ask what were the questions were??

I doubt anyone will tell you their exact questions, but none were too off-the-wall. Just prep for it like you would a normal on-campus interview and you'll do fine. The visible countdown clock is more likely to throw you off than the questions themselves. I'd try a few dry runs with a timer before you tackle the real thing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
ndukyh wrote:
jangtm76 wrote:
I'm figuring out how I can beat the video interview. May I ask what were the questions were??

I wouldn't stress about them too too much. The questions were a bit more behavioral/personality style than I was thinking. But I pretty much bombed mine because time ran out VERY quickly and I literally had like 5 seconds to conclude my response and I was just like "and yeah...". I figured I'd never hear from them again but I was ultimately invited for interview and accepted.

This.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Several people posted their questions earlier in this forum. There are also some posted on ClearAdmit. But, it seems like the set of questions used in Round 1 was replaced with a new set in Round 2. So, I don't think you can "beat" the video.

Also, I completely agree with ndukyh. I felt I did quite poorly on Yale's video questions, but I was ultimately admitted with a significant scholarship. I think the school is really just trying to see your personality.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm an international applicant and trying to applying for the 3rd. round. Do you guys think I still have a chance to get accepted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Flyte wrote:
ndukyh wrote:
jangtm76 wrote:

I wouldn't stress about them too too much. The questions were a bit more behavioral/personality style than I was thinking. But I pretty much bombed mine because time ran out VERY quickly and I literally had like 5 seconds to conclude my response and I was just like "and yeah...". I figured I'd never hear from them again but I was ultimately invited for interview and accepted.

This.

Thanks and congrats
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Operations
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Looks like the invite stream has hit a halt.

Let's hope it's temporary as I'm most definitely still waiting. (I'm watching those numbers like a hawk so hope to hear of a new batch of invites going out soon - possibly like those Fridays that happened back in January??). It's been said that Yale does work till the deadline so it ain't over yet.

We've still got a few weeks guys - keep your heads up!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Anybody else get the following email?

Dear (Name),

As we approach the Round 2 decision release in early April, we wanted to give you an update on your application to the Yale School of Management.

At this point in time, most interview invitations for the round have been extended. However, we are still reviewing applications and additional invitations may go out in the coming few weeks. Thank you for your patience.

With regard to timing, all Round 2 decisions will be released by April 4, 2014. If you have any questions during the remainder of the admissions process, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Yale School of Management
Admissions Office
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolaspirant9 wrote:
Anybody else get the following email?

Dear (Name),

As we approach the Round 2 decision release in early April, we wanted to give you an update on your application to the Yale School of Management.

At this point in time, most interview invitations for the round have been extended. However, we are still reviewing applications and additional invitations may go out in the coming few weeks. Thank you for your patience.

With regard to timing, all Round 2 decisions will be released by April 4, 2014. If you have any questions during the remainder of the admissions process, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Admissions Office

Mine was a little different - I received the following a couple of minutes ago:

Dear (Name),

If you have interviewed with us in recent months, thank you for taking the time to speak with a member of our community about your candidacy. This conversation was a valuable addition to your application, and we hope it was also a great opportunity for you to learn more about the school.

If you are a re-applicant to the program, we do not require another interview if you interviewed with us in a previous year, unless additional information is needed by the committee.

Best regards,

Admissions Office
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Have you interviewed?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolaspirant9 wrote:
Have you interviewed?

Yes - interviewed last month
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mittens63 wrote:
bschoolaspirant9 wrote:
Have you interviewed?

Yes - interviewed last month

I figure eveyone applying received the same email. I received that one but i havent interviewed yet (scheduled to interview by the end of march!)...i guess thats juts a remeinder about the notification date. any other suggestion??

Would anyone share how was the interview experience on campus??? conversational? tough??

best
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Dear Ritin,

Best regards,

Admissions Office

this is what i got and i am 100% sure its a ding.i am only anxious about duke final decisions next week as that would either mean i go to bschool or i don't . i would pay anything to get a A next to HBS rather than a WL.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
myleo wrote:
Dear Ritin,

Best regards,

Admissions Office

this is what i got and i am 100% sure its a ding.i am only anxious about duke final decisions next week as that would either mean i go to bschool or i don't . i would pay anything to get a A next to HBS rather than a WL.

Ritin, did you interview at Yale??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Rickbr wrote:
myleo wrote:
Dear Ritin,

Best regards,

Admissions Office

Ritin, did you interview at Yale??

no. only at HBS and Fuqua so far and thats all i am expecting . i don't even want to go to stern. so i don't have many options left. its either fuqua or nothing unless the good gods smile at me and admits from HBS decide to go to stanford instead and i get in.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jangtm76 wrote:
I'm an international applicant and trying to applying for the 3rd. round. Do you guys think I still have a chance to get accepted?

no chance. position yourself better first and apply to a mix of schools in top 5 and then from 5-10 also. look at fuqua and tuck for next yr EA round and do more research on them. i don't know what yr gmat score is so i can't comment on that. Having been through the process now i can assure you it would have been much better to apply in round 1 or EA than 2. applying to round 3 requires a strong enough reason. You can't just let them think that you got denied at H/S/W and hence you are opting for yale now.with international applicants its also way tougher coz again yale doesn't have a fixed date and with the visa stuff its not worth it.
I personally recommend look at your applications again. do some thinking and research each school better and find a concrete reason to apply and apply early. You will also have a leg up since you have already gone through this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I also received the foll email: As we approach the Round 2 decision release in early April, we wanted to give you an update on your application to the Yale School of Management.

Does it mean a ding for sure? Any insights from Round 1 candidates?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts