Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q800 V720
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
blueser wrote:
Question: do your interviewers reply to Thank You emails? Is it a bad sign with no reply? Or maybe I'm just freaking out a bit...

Posted from my mobile device

Don't worry about receiving a Thank You or not. There are so many instances on GC where people received great thank yous and then were dinged and others who received nothing and were accepted (and vice versa, of course). There's no rhyme or reason -- some people like to be personal and respond, others are just busy and might look at the Thank You as routine and expected.

One thing to note though: DO write your Thank You, regardless. It's good form to do so, whether or not the person responds.

Good luck waiting for the result, blueser. Only a few more weeks left!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
blueser wrote:
Question: do your interviewers reply to Thank You emails? Is it a bad sign with no reply? Or maybe I'm just freaking out a bit...

Don't worry about receiving a Thank You or not. There are so many instances on GC where people received great thank yous and then were dinged and others who received nothing and were accepted (and vice versa, of course). There's no rhyme or reason -- some people like to be personal and respond, others are just busy and might look at the Thank You as routine and expected.

One thing to note though: DO write your Thank You, regardless. It's good form to do so, whether or not the person responds.

Good luck waiting for the result, blueser. Only a few more weeks left!

My interviewer actually beat me to writing a thank you email (while traveling back home). He was nice enough to write and thank me for preparing and taking the time to interview. Regardless, I thought it was a very very classy move. Yale is the only school where such a nice gesture has happened.

Thought it said a lot about the interviewers and the process itself. So I wouldn't worry about responses or anything. They are all good at helping applicants getting the best app experience they can.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
2 weeks + 2 days until decisions are released

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Gianfranco2014 wrote:
reesespieces2521 wrote:
2 people have already listed "Denied without Interview." Have they actually started dinging people?

The email yesterday said they will inform people of interview decisions "BY" December 9th. Could this mean earlier?

i think the "by" part refers to dings and waitlistings, which may go out 24 hours earlier than the acceptances, which will be ON Dec 9th. From talking to students they all mention they got a phone call the ON the deadline day.

This makes me think that anyone who got an email saying "BY December 9th" will be dinged or waitlisted and anyone who received an email saying "ON December 9th" will be accepted.

I wonder if this was the same phrasing as last year's emails.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
thebloke wrote:
Gianfranco2014 wrote:
reesespieces2521 wrote:
2 people have already listed "Denied without Interview." Have they actually started dinging people?

The email yesterday said they will inform people of interview decisions "BY" December 9th. Could this mean earlier?

i think the "by" part refers to dings and waitlistings, which may go out 24 hours earlier than the acceptances, which will be ON Dec 9th. From talking to students they all mention they got a phone call the ON the deadline day.

This makes me think that anyone who got an email saying "BY December 9th" will be dinged or waitlisted and anyone who received an email saying "ON December 9th" will be accepted.

My email last year said .... "by December [day]". It seems to be a stock email, so I wouldn't read into any of the phrasings.

I also received my call on the decision day listed in that email. I wouldn't entirely count on that though, since schools can choose to notify earlier if they decide to (example: see last year's Duke's R2 thread)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
thebloke wrote:
Gianfranco2014 wrote:
reesespieces2521 wrote:

I don't think anyone got an email that said "ON" did they?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Quote:

My email said "on" but it was tailored for a Consortium applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
ceecee wrote:

My email said "on" but it was tailored for a Consortium applicant.[/quote]

I didn't get this email at all, so.... not sure what that means, haha.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
I didn't get the email either.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
DefyingGravity wrote:
I didn't get the email either.

I'm referring to an email weeks ago confirming receipt of my app, not a brand new email
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
sdd996 wrote:
On the application, in the Work Experience section, how are you guys approaching this short answer prompt:

Quote:
Please provide any additional information you feel will help us understand these career interests more fully. (150 words maximum)

Should this be treated as an extension of the general short-term goal mentioned in your essays? Or almost as a mini-essay in and of itself? I touched on career goals and why within the first essay.

I used it to talk about my short term goal. My Essay 1 was mostly about my passion for my long term goal.

Anyone else willing to share how they approached this short answer in terms of essay 1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '15
Send PM
Kudos
Anyone in India receiving invites? Seems it is too too late now. :(
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Happy Thanksgiving, GC-ers!

R1s: The school is closed for Thanksgiving, so stop refreshing your inboxes/GC and go eat with your family! To non-US applicants, enjoy the time away from your inboxes too. I guess you could start refreshing again on Monday, December 2 if you really want to (eek! it's December already!!)...

R2s: Hopefully you have at least today off work to enjoy time with your family & friends. I know a lot of you are cramming in essay writing too, but do take a break if you can.

And one last plug before I go enjoy the holiday myself, start checking the events page (after Thanksgiving) as some more events will be coming your way soon :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Aerien, thanks for the advice. I'm a R1 applicant and I've already interviewed, and I logically know that I won't hear anything for another 2 weeks, but I've just become conditioned to obsessively checking this site.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today!!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Does anyone know how Yale will notify us of decisions? Will all congratulatory calls all go out on December 9 or do they start a couple days before like some other schools do (is it possible that some will hear decisions *this* week)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
From last year's thread, it appears that all GMATClub calls were received on the 12/13/12 decision date (+ or - 12 hours for international applicants). Also, for those wondering, it would appear that the New Haven area code is "203."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Sustainability
GRE 1: Q164 V160
GPA: 3.09
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Man, next Monday can't come soon enough! I just read through last year's post and my heart started racing and then dropping and then racing again. What a rollercoaster.

What's everyone doing to pass the time?

Forgot to say a big THANK YOU to those who posted some info about their interviews. Mine was also very focused on values and team experience and less about 'why do you want to get an mba?' So for those R2 and 3 interviewees, prep for many behavioral questions as well as how you work on a team. And as long as you have an idea of what you want to get out of an mba and where you see yourself after, you should be able to answer everything! Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts