So, you’ve submitted your application and probably think that all hard work is done? think again!
Here are some post-submission tips from Aringo that can help you complete the application process successfully:
- Thank your recommenders, who played an important role in your application.
- Continue researching the MBA programs, especially the ones you have applied for, so you can decide between several offers and select the school where you fit best, or in order to apply for more schools in later rounds if you are rejected.
- Work on support e-mails.
- Once you have an interview invitation, you may start your interview preparation. Go over the common interview questions and brush up on your application, essays and resume.
- If you happen to be in the area (or have the time/money to travel especially for this) – visit the campus. If you are lucky to meet and “click” with an admissions person or an influential student, that could help. In other cases, the visit may not help much. The lower the school is ranked, the more the visit (or any other way of showing commitment to the school) may help.
- If after the application submission there is a positive development in your career (promotion, new job), in your grades (GMAT, GPA, etc.) or in your activities, you may send the Admission Committee an update letter.
Once you receive a decision letter:
- Admitted? that’s fantastic! Consider negotiating scholarships (less effective in the top 5 schools, more so in the 5-25 range, and especially if you are really debating between two schools). In your communications with the school, include comments about the importance of the financial consideration is in your decision. You may even very gently ask whether they may be able to offer any help on this. Try finding other methods to finance your studies.
- Waitlisted? Read our waitlist tips here.
The Aringo Team.
Free MBA chances calculator (no registration required)
Admission tips and scholarship info per school
Plan your application content (free online tool)
Get an initial assessment
MBA Application Assistance