Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE:General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Chile
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
greengohome wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
You're the first i've heard who's received a merit based scholarship. Hopefully more are to come this & next week. See everyone at connect 1

Likewise, can't wait to get news on this front.

Hey guys, has any applicant who applied early decision heard back regarding scholarships? I know a handful of people have heard, but they all applied post the deadline.

thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
greengohome wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
You're the first i've heard who's received a merit based scholarship. Hopefully more are to come this & next week. See everyone at connect 1

Likewise, can't wait to get news on this front.

Hey guys, has any applicant who applied early decision heard back regarding scholarships? I know a handful of people have heard, but they all applied post the deadline.

thanks

Hi Kathmandu,

I am ED and have not heard. I wonder the same. Anyone else ED here?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Send PM
For anyone wondering about the BC, I just recieved an email from Columbia saying that the Re Vera verification was complete.
So Columbia will in fact let you know when they finish.
Note that there might be a lag between verification complete and Columbia processing the completion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '17 (A)
Send PM
M1325 wrote:
For anyone wondering about the BC, I just recieved an email from Columbia saying that the Re Vera verification was complete.
Note that there might be a lag between verification complete and Columbia processing the completion.

I did too. ReVera asked me to confirm something and they told me that they send them to CBS in batches, so the confirmation is not done on a rolling basis.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
M1325 wrote:

Same here. I just received the email. I took almost three months. Not that I was worried... but it's good to know the BC is finally over.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Where can I find out about applying for scholarships?

Also, are there any repercussions for waiting until the last minute to accept?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
tbor wrote:
Where can I find out about applying for scholarships?

Also, are there any repercussions for waiting until the last minute to accept?

Seems to be a hot topic around here, and rightfully so, these are some big $ decisions. As I've read / heard, some applicants that were NOT early decision received their scholarship information with acceptance, though I do not know if that means you are not getting $ if you didn't hear with your acceptance. I have not read / heard of an ED candidate receiving money, though I assume that goes out last as all ED candidates are locked in anyway.

Wish I had more details for you, will update if I heard anything. We could always ask in the AdCom in the other thread, but the standard verbiage is 'most go out in the Spring'

thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Congrats to all R1 admits! I'm excited to share with you guys that https://www.tripweave.com has officially launched. We are bringing powerful pre-MBA travel experiences to a select group of schools, and Columbia is one of them. After graduating Harvard undergrad, I've pursued my life's passion of connecting people to each other and the world through travel. Now, I'm thrilled to share this new opportunity with incoming b-school students. As we get off the ground in 2015, experienced travelers are welcome to contact us at info@tripweave.com for information on how you can help facilitate one of our amazing experiences for you and your classmates. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
M1325 wrote:

For those of you that have gone through the background check already, does Re Vera email you right before they begin the process? I saw a little while back that someone mentioned that they got an email before Re Vera got started on their file. I work for a smaller company and am somewhat nervous that somebody here may pick up the phone that doesn't know that I'm leaving in a few months...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Send PM
ae71386ae wrote:
M1325 wrote:

For those of you that have gone through the background check already, does Re Vera email you right before they begin the process? I saw a little while back that someone mentioned that they got an email before Re Vera got started on their file. I work for a smaller company and am somewhat nervous that somebody here may pick up the phone that doesn't know that I'm leaving in a few months...

I never recieved any communication from Re Vera. The HR rep from my company send me an email asking if I had signed a doc to release information. That was how I knew that the process had started. Hope it helps buddy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
For those that were admitted regular decision, was there a specific deadline that was given for putting down your deposit and how much was due? This is premature but I'm trying to gauge whether I would have time enough to hear back from all my other schools before putting down a deposit, assuming I was admitted (my interview report was submitted last night but I have not heard the decision yet of course).

Thanks and sorry for posting here, no one answered my question on the applicants thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
ae71386ae wrote:
M1325 wrote:

ReVera states not to start your background check until your employer already knows you are leaving. I am still going through the process, they emailed me to ask for a verification of pay but that was it. To my knowledge they have never contacted anyone who works with, for or around me but I guess they want that option if they have a question. The deadline to start isn't for a few months so if you still need to keep things under wraps for a bonus or something I would just wait and start in May or June, whatever the deadline from the admitted students website is, I don't remember off the top of my head.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just checking in here, any ED admits hear about merit based scholarships? Thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
question for admits-how soon after you received offer did you get access to admitted students site? I received offer Fri...trying to figure out when next connect is.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V46
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Tegan490 wrote:
question for admits-how soon after you received offer did you get access to admitted students site? I received offer Fri...trying to figure out when next connect is.

Congratulations Tegan490 !! You should get access today or tomorrow. The next Connect is Friday April 10th. I hope to see you there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: CBS '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V41
Send PM
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Just checking in here, any ED admits hear about merit based scholarships? Thanks

Nope, I haven't heard any news on merit based scholarships
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
question on re vera-was looking in app and bonus in my first year was off by a nominal amount (VERY nominal amount-and I stated it was below what it actually was, so not like I am trying to make myself look great, this makes me look better...realized after the fact I had looked at data that was slightly off)-do you think this is cause for any concern? Probably best if I just wait and see if it actually presents any issue?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts