It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 06:04
Tegan490 wrote:
question on re vera-was looking in app and bonus in my first year was off by a nominal amount (VERY nominal amount-and I stated it was below what it actually was, so not like I am trying to make myself look great, this makes me look better...realized after the fact I had looked at data that was slightly off)-do you think this is cause for any concern? Probably best if I just wait and see if it actually presents any issue?

I don't think so but then again I started this in late October, they asked for verification of my military service January 4th and I haven't heard from them since so it seems to be an agonizingly slow process. I have no idea whats going on right now, but based on what I have heard no news is generally good news. It will just be easier when its all complete and there is resolution.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 08:20
wnoyes wrote:
Tegan490 wrote:
question on re vera-was looking in app and bonus in my first year was off by a nominal amount (VERY nominal amount-and I stated it was below what it actually was, so not like I am trying to make myself look great, this makes me look better...realized after the fact I had looked at data that was slightly off)-do you think this is cause for any concern? Probably best if I just wait and see if it actually presents any issue?

I don't think so but then again I started this in late October, they asked for verification of my military service January 4th and I haven't heard from them since so it seems to be an agonizingly slow process. I have no idea whats going on right now, but based on what I have heard no news is generally good news. It will just be easier when its all complete and there is resolution.

To my understanding Revera typically tries to reconcile the amounts and understand the source of the figures you quoted on the application. There may be minor variations such as those based on difference in income currency and your assumption of exchange rate etc. However, if they are not able to reconcile / get satisfactory explanation from you, they will report the matter to CBS adcom without a verdict. Then adcom figures out what to do with it. Key is that there should be an explanation.

As noted by others here, you get a notification from CBS admissions office once the verification is complete.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Schools: CBS '17 (A)
Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 09:39
Tegan490 wrote:

Not an issue. Same thing happened to me. I asked my reviewer and they said that they have leeway built in for things like this. Unless it was egregious e.g. you said your bonus was $1m when it was $100k, don't worry about it at all.

Edit: I have passed the Re Vera process

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 11:11
Great-thank you all!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 12:36
Tegan490 wrote:

For what it's worth I had a difference in my actual vs reported, my base was lower but my bonus was higher. Net, revera asked me to simply provide proof of the rough breakdown. I wouldn't stress...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2015, 12:11
This is probably a dumb question but i wasn't sure on the next steps after receiving an offer ….

After admittance are you supposed to accept the offer and complete the online enrollment form even if you are still waiting to hear from other schools later in March? Is acceptance of the offer binding? Or are those of you in the same position not giving your response until you hear decisions from all other schools?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 08:28
tn2015 wrote:
This is probably a dumb question but i wasn't sure on the next steps after receiving an offer ….

After admittance are you supposed to accept the offer and complete the online enrollment form even if you are still waiting to hear from other schools later in March? Is acceptance of the offer binding? Or are those of you in the same position not giving your response until you hear decisions from all other schools?

Yeah... I think that's all clearly explained for you if you read the information provided

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: CBS '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V41
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 12:40
So any updates on scholarships for ED applicants?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GRE 1: 327 Q161 V166
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 05:26
tn2015 wrote:

I'm planning on waiting until I make a decision to complete the enrollment form. There's no point in confirming enrollment and then having to backtrack but I don't think your spot is reserved either way until you pay the deposit.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 5

Schools: Wharton - Class of 2017
GRE 1: 310 Q162 V148
GPA: 3.6
WE: General Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 12:15
hi folks, someone knows when is the next welcome weekend at Columbia?. I am wondering because I have to plan many things at work. Thanks in advance...

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 5

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 25

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2015, 01:54
cbsnyc17 wrote:

I second this question. (no scholarship and ED, just to add a data point here).

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 25

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 719 [0], given: 355

Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2015, 06:54
Tongua wrote:
hi folks, someone knows when is the next welcome weekend at Columbia?. I am wondering because I have to plan many things at work. Thanks in advance...

April 10th

Kudos [?]: 719 [0], given: 355

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 98

Concentration: Marketing

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2015, 20:02
didn't you get denied at HBS? Random i know....but i remember that from your profile and i was wondering
jlgdr wrote:
Tongua wrote:

April 10th

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 98

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2015, 12:33
Any news on the CBS 2015 World Tour? = pre-mba summer travel

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2015, 01:19
tbor wrote:
Any news on the CBS 2015 World Tour? = pre-mba summer travel

All of the information is available on the Facebook group. It is a secret group to maintain your privacy in case you are still undecided about schools or haven't told an employer. If you need access there is a "Request Access" portion on the CBS Admitted Students website.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2015, 10:22
Class of 2017 - check out this unique scholarship opportunity sponsored by McKinsey & Company. This is a chance to earn monetary rewards, establish valuable mentorship, and network with future peers across the country. Learn more and apply now through May 21, 2015 - http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/emerging_scholars.

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 11:53
GMATninja2 wrote:
cbsnyc17 wrote:

Third it. At the very least, it'd be nice to know if all awards have been dispersed so we can plan loans / financing appropriately... this is the only part of CBS' application process that I think is a bit wonky

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V46
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 13:02
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
GMATninja2 wrote:
cbsnyc17 wrote:

Third it. At the very least, it'd be nice to know if all awards have been dispersed so we can plan loans / financing appropriately... this is the only part of CBS' application process that I think is a bit wonky

I was ED and got my need-based aid award today (it was pretty small). I am still waiting on merit-based aid.... very frustrating. According to the admissions office, merit-based aid can be given out through August.

Current Student

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 19:45
evalea wrote:
I was ED and got my need-based aid award today (it was pretty small). I am still waiting on merit-based aid.... very frustrating. According to the admissions office, merit-based aid can be given out through August.

Would it be possible for you to share how much they offered as need-based aid? Just trying to see how much they are shelling out on an average..

Current Student

GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V46
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 20:05
kaashi wrote:
evalea wrote:

Would it be possible for you to share how much they offered as need-based aid? Just trying to see how much they are shelling out on an average..

Sure, they give me 10K/semester. I was hoping for double that. but I don't have anything to benchmark to so maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2015, 20:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 212 posts ] 

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: bagdbmba

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap